daglob

I thought it was Joe Kerr...

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on March 28, 2016, 11:16:05 PM
I thought it was Joe Kerr...

Wait, really? Oh my, I was only joking :blink:

daglob

Silver Shocker

In the Gotham tv show it was Jerome. Well, they weren't clear on whether he was the "real" Joker, but he certainly acted like him.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Doesnt Grant Morrison explain it as Joker having some weird syndrome,where he doesnt have a constant personality like the rest of us?So he has to reinvent himself from scratch every so often.One day he pulls harmless pranks,one day he blows up buildings.
Which would mean that "Going sane" probably happened a few times...
Point being,sometimes he remembers it one way,sometimes the other.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

So Tony Daniel is the writer for the relaunched Justice League. Meh. Tell me what the story's about, than maybe I'll be interested.

DC has said they're telling the creative team on JLA just yet. I'm looking forward to finding out.

June's issues of Justice League, however...

Noticed in the solicits that issue #51 of Justice League, showing the aftermath of Darkseid War, is written by Dan Jurgens. I'm on board with that. #52 is a flashback story by Dan Abnett leading into Titans: Rebirth, showing Batman and Robin fighting alongside the Justice League in Year One of the New #52 Justice League. That sounds awesome! I'm definitely picking both of those up. Both issues will be drawn by Paul Peletier, who was great on the Abnett and Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy books.

Oh, a little late to mention, but did everybody get their free Jeph Loeb/Ed McGuinness Superman/Batman #1 last week? I got mine both print and digital. Sorry I should have mentioned here last week but I didn't think to.

Batman: The Killing Joke is getting a new printing in June. Superman: Funeral for A Friend, Reign of the Supermen, Return of Superman, and Superman: Doomsday (a miniseries that came out after Death of Superman) are all getting new printings in June. prior to that, there was a trade that came out recently called "Superman and the Justice League of America" reprinting the early 90's Dan Jurgen's Justice League just prior to the Death of Superman, which they promote in the solicit text. I'm probably going to get that. I don't have the Death of Superman trade, but I do have a volume of Funeral For A Friend already that I got on the cheap a few years ago (back when it was out of print and expensive as sin. I think I got mine for 5 or 10 bucks). Haven't read it though, really want to sometime. I wouldn't mind that other trades, I've read a few of the 90's Superman comics pretty early when I got into comics and I liked them.

In addition to Vol. 4 of the John Ostrander Suicide Squad (which I've pre-ordered, alone with Vol.3, during a Amazon book sale), DC is reprinting a hardcover of the Silver Age Suicide Squad, featuring Rick Flagg Sr.

Surprisingly no $1 reprints that month. I was kinda expecting a Suicide Squad #1.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Is Hitch-es Justice League the main JL title after Rebirth?

It seems that Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are now the main GLs.As you could expect,some fans dont like that.
And DC has been critiqued for the lack of diversity on their creative staff.
Feels like I heard all those before...Like just a few months ago...Maybe it was a different company or something.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

JLA might be the flagship book, but they haven't announced who's doing it and guaran-flipping-tee it ain't going to be Hitch. 
Hitch can't get a monthly out to save his life and DC's doing twice monthly, albeit with two sets of artists but still.

Hitch's JLA got so delayed they did a fill in issue right in the middle of his story that was just pretty much an issue of Martian Manhunter with JLA on the cover. I distinctly remember the second issue was late, it was one of the reasons I didn't bother buying the rest until Boxing Day sale. Now the issues are drawn by Neil Edwards (who worked on Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers after Kev Walker walked on out) and he's got the Hitch aesthetic, but nowhere near the talent last time I checked. Not to mention that Hitch's JLA seemed from the start to be in some kind of pseudo-continuity of its own, using the New 52 roster of Justice League but leaving out important additions like Lex Luthor and Jessica Crux, while Cyborg's in the wrong costume and characters like Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman are even less synced with their at the time status quos than they are in Darkseid war.

Speaking of DC Rebirth titles, (and Suicide Squad in my earlier post), I'm genuinely disappointed in the Suicide Squad announcement. When they announced that Jim Lee was going to be one of the rotating artists, indicating a big push to coincide with the movie I was genuinely hoping Geoff Johns himself was going to write it himself, but no it's just Rob Williams, with a movie-style roster.  Pass. Meanwhile no more Secret Six by Simone grumble grumble.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I assumed his JLA happens at the start of N52,or its early years.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-rebirth-arrives-in-june-2016-solicitations-2016
Here are the solicitations.Hitch has JLA #12 and JLA annual.Hes still around,Im afraid.I just figured to wait for a collection or two,anyway.Maybe.
And J.T Krul is really writing Bloodlines?I was convinced that was a joke.And ofc,no Tommy Monaghan in sight.Kinda defeats the whole purpose of Bloodlines.(but then again Section 8 also had its own continuity)
Teen Titans Earth One vol2.
More Demon by Garth Ennis.
Nice...
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

http://www.newsarama.com/28744-doom-patrol-leads-new-dc-imprint-by-gerard-way.html
DC is getting a new imprint(Young Animal...yes,really),headed by Gerard Way.Series being:
-Doom Patrol
-Shade,the changing girl(yes,girl)
-CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE
-Mother Panic
Its some borderline between DC and Vertigo,I guess.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Behold, Superman's new costume:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/supermans-rebirth-costume-concept-art-revealed

I quite like it. It strikes a good balance between classic and modern. I think it's them getting rid of the high collar that really makes the whole thing come together. That combined with the classic S Shield just makes him look like classic Superman to me.
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Ehh, it has most of the problems of the New 52 one, and now they've gotten rid of the red boots!  That makes the design even less balanced.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Talavar

I like the look from the waist up, basically.  No more stupid, busy armour lines or high collar, better S-shield, and spit-curl back in place--these are all good things.  The stupid angled cuffs are still there at the wrists, and there's too much blue without the red boots and trunks.  The red belt helps break it up a little, but not enough.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

trebean

I feel like Tomasi's design was much better. Mainly because of the red boots and the yellow belt.

HarryTrotter

Wonder Woman Earth One...that was...unique.Definitively my least-favourite Earth One novel.I gotta a feeling saying anything else could ignite an argument so...
Rebirth is an attempt at bringing the old continuity back,yet no sign of Justice Society.Thats disappointing.
Jon Farmer

kkhohoho

Quote from: Spade on April 12, 2016, 05:11:03 PM
Rebirth is an attempt at bringing the old continuity back,yet no sign of Justice Society.Thats disappointing.

Don't count 'em out just yet: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/12/bleeding-cool-sees-the-back-of-dc-comics-rebirth-and-the-return-of-the-jsa/
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on April 21, 2016, 05:40:04 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-restructuring-vertigo-imprint-announces-shelly-bonds-departure?utm_campaign=dc-comics-restructuring-vertigo-imprint-announces-shelly-bonds-d&utm_medium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner

As part of their restructuring,DC fires Vertigo editor Shelly Bond,from now on Vertigo will report directly to Dan DiDio and Jim Lee.Because we know what great job they are doing.  :banghead:

Sadly, I feel like Vertigo's days are numbered at this point.  For whatever reasons (corporate mismanagement and ungenerous contract stipulations I've heard), most of the books that would have been Vertigo books a decade ago have instead all ended up at Image.

cmdrkoenig67

Doom Patrol?  I'm kind of scared of what they might be doing with them.  Why do they need to pay tribute to Grant Morrison?  Why pay tribute to anybody, besides the men who created them in the first place?

Dana

kkhohoho

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on April 21, 2016, 03:04:31 PM
Doom Patrol?  I'm kind of scared of what they might be doing with them.  Why do they need to pay tribute to Grant Morrison?  Why pay tribute to anybody, besides the men who created them in the first place?

Dana

Because to most people these days, Grant Morrison is the Doom Patrol. That's the one most people have actually read, for better or worse.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

HarryTrotter

Hes their true father,provider of the definitive take on the characters,like Alan Moore to Swamp Thing,Claremont to X-men,Garth Ennis to Punisher,Frank Miller to Daredevil,and so on.

Thou,Grant himself started going downhill lately...
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

daglob

Quote from: Spade on April 21, 2016, 03:52:52 PM
Hes their true father,provider of the definitive take on the characters,like Alan Moore to Swamp Thing,Claremont to X-men,Garth Ennis to Punisher,Frank Miller to Daredevil,and so on.

Thou,Grant himself started going downhill lately...

I'll take Arnold Drake and Bruno Premani any day...

HarryTrotter

Ofc,it can be a subjective thing. :)
With its most famous properties moving to regular DC or Young Animal,there isnt really much left of Vertigo.And the creators involved are really not happy with the whole development.
Idk...great job?
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on April 21, 2016, 06:16:44 PM
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135141-dc-restructures-vertigo-fires-shelly-bond-provokes-naming-of-open-secret-sexual-harasser-in-upper-management.html

It looks like the restructuring opened some unpleasant question about some other editors.How will DC get out of this one?

I'm thinking some sort of 'death with honour' situation at this point, like a disgraced Roman senator, or seppuku. 

HarryTrotter

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135165-dan-slott-reprimanded-for-reckless-tweeting-in-lame-attempt-to-discredit-berganza-reports.html
Things escalate as Dan Slott jumps in.2 great answers to him:
Tom Brevoort: Tweet less,write more.
Fabian Nicieza: Tweet less,period.
DC still remains silent.
Jon Farmer

daglob

Quote from: Talavar on April 22, 2016, 02:28:42 PM
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135141-dc-restructures-vertigo-fires-shelly-bond-provokes-naming-of-open-secret-sexual-harasser-in-upper-management.html

It looks like the restructuring opened some unpleasant question about some other editors.How will DC get out of this one?

I'm thinking some sort of 'death with honour' situation at this point, like a disgraced Roman senator, or seppuku.

We should be so lucky.

Talavar

Quote from: daglob on April 24, 2016, 05:34:35 AM
Quote from: Talavar on April 22, 2016, 02:28:42 PM

We should be so lucky.

Now, granted that my comic reading has dropped off in the past couple of years for a variety of reasons, but I realized recently that the only DC or Vertigo book I read any more is Astro City.