Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: DJ's Den  (Read 48177 times)

Offline Cyber Burn

Re: DJ's Den
« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2019, 02:43:47 AM »
Best thing about this is, is that the whole community benefits.   :thumbup:

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #571 on: April 13, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »
Because Benton doesnm't understand I hate skinning the colour orange, and because he can badger folks intot hings...Blackfire:

Ortho

Face

Now, yes, I'm bloody rusty and some of this is meh.....bound to happen.  You want it, go annoy Benton for it.  Me? I'm returning  top my dark corner and my vodka.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Offline deanjo2000

« Reply #572 on: April 13, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »
ooh very nice :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #573 on: April 13, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »
 :eek2:

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
  • I'm of a mind to make some mookie.
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #574 on: April 13, 2020, 06:00:32 PM »
You're not as rusty as you think you are. You were one of the skinners who originally inspired me to try harder on that end which isn't really otherwise my thing and I can see your skills are still present in the work. And yeah he's pretty persuasive. I have to learn that learn that trick. I could use someone with more experience to come by and fix my toilet.

Offline Podmark

• meow
    • Hero Force
« Reply #575 on: April 13, 2020, 06:17:19 PM »
I think it looks great!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Offline naitvalis

« Reply #576 on: April 13, 2020, 08:21:38 PM »
You don't look rusted at all, so get out of that dark corner and skin some 40k stuff :D!

Offline OrWolvie1

« Reply #577 on: April 13, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »
Because Benton doesnm't understand I hate skinning the colour orange, and because he can badger folks intot hings...Blackfire:

Ortho

Face

Now, yes, I'm bloody rusty and some of this is meh.....bound to happen.  You want it, go annoy Benton for it.  Me? I'm returning  top my dark corner and my vodka.

:eek2: DAMN! She's perfect! Awesome job, DJ!!  :thumbup:

Offline windblown

« Reply #578 on: April 13, 2020, 10:13:25 PM »
That's not rusty! she looks fantastic :thumbup: I hope Benton keeps using his persuasion powers in you because we want more DJ skins  :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:15:02 PM by windblown »

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #579 on: April 13, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »
You guys do know that that took me almost a month to get done with everything else I have going on, right? That's rust...super duper rust!!!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #580 on: April 13, 2020, 11:53:59 PM »
A lot faster than I work, with much better results, too!

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #581 on: April 14, 2020, 06:34:54 PM »
Hahaha!  I'm not one in any position to condemn someone for taking their time producing something awesome.  How long have I been saying I'm going to revisit the DCUG?  :unsure:  Heck, it took me three or four years the first time around!

That's right, y'all don't let him off easy!  He's produced this gorgeous skin, and he's clearly still awesome! 

You hear that, DJ?  The people have spoken.  :D

Amazing work, DJ!  Like I said in my message, I really love the face.  It's just perfect for her arrogance and selfishness.  You can really capture character with amazing subtlety.  I'm always impressed!  Also, I didn't know you hate skinning orange. You wouldn't be interested in skinning some Orange Lanterns for me, huh?  :P

Also, DJ asked me to finish up a last detail, the reflections for some of the mesh pieces.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial about how to enable those?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:37:41 PM by BentonGrey »
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #582 on: April 14, 2020, 09:13:00 PM »

Also, DJ asked me to finish up a last detail, the reflections for some of the mesh pieces.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial about how to enable those?

Did I send you the tutorial on how to get rid of the "Shine" on imported Mesh Pieces? If so, that also works to add the Reflection and the Glow.

Offline deanjo2000

« Reply #583 on: April 14, 2020, 09:42:47 PM »
Can I grab that too please :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #584 on: April 16, 2020, 06:18:09 PM »
You guys do know that that took me almost a month to get done with everything else I have going on, right? That's rust...super duper rust!!!

"with everything else going on" minding that though and that's all of us. That's actually a short time period and you know it. Most of that TMNT stuff I've been releasing has taken me over a year to put together with everything else going on. Give yourself credit where it's due mate.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
Just slip him a bottle of Vodka, and he'll agree to anything.

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »

"with everything else going on" minding that though and that's all of us. That's actually a short time period and you know it. Most of that TMNT stuff I've been releasing has taken me over a year to put together with everything else going on. Give yourself credit where it's due mate.

Yeah..but what you do are full blown conversions with new meshes and animations, SA.  That would take anyone a long time....mine is just a bloody easy skope and skin...

Just slip him a bottle of Vodka, and he'll agree to anything.

My asking price has gone beyond the bottle of vodka.....

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »
Two bottles?  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »
Always takes time DJ especially when it's a hobby we allocate in our real lives and all the drudgery. Everything has a Chapter 22. Likewise you take time because you try and do it the right way and you mind the details, that's all. Like a painting on canvas or a sculpture also takes time, a month easy as well. Just saying, don't diss yourself. You do fine work and you're an inspiration here as one of the classic members goes. You were one that inspired me to try and do more than just flat colored textures on my stuff, I'm otherwise just a modeler. And animations...yeah, got me there. Manually doing those is time consuming. Though when I say a year mostly it was because life had demands as does yours is all. Had a lot of family issues going on in short and I was on the road for months helping them out. So the time put in comes out to less. I just don't like seeing people down on themselves is all mind you. I wouldn't tolerate someone else talking down about any of you so it's hard to get with you coming down on yourself, you know? Anyways fantastic stuff as always and I always look forward to seeing more.

Offline Sioux City Dynamo

« Reply #589 on: April 25, 2020, 02:10:01 AM »
DJ your faces are amazing!  Have you ever done a tutorial?
Io

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #590 on: April 25, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Never done a tutorial, mainly cause I use Painter - which no one else here uses - as my main painting/art program nowadays. Be a bit of a waste for me to make a tutorial that no one here could use.