News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

New release today:

This worked out pretty well. This skin was the winner of the poll I held just before the board went down. Now that the board is back I'm releasing the Omega Sentinel skin. Available now at Hero Force.

If you haven't been to ToF while the board was down, then there were a few more releases including reboot Nightwing, Giant-Man and Goliath, and X-Force Wolfsbane.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Something new!

Hazmat from the new title Avengers Academy.

Avengers Academy is a great book that I highly recommend to everyone. Hazmat is one of the students being taught by the Avengers led by Hank Pym. She has toxic powers that confine her to a containment suit. I find most of the kids have somewhat dull designs but Hazmat's I like. With Hazmat skinned that makes 2 of the 6 kids skinned as Sioux City Dynamo skinned Finesse a while back. I do have interest in skinning the other kids but with my skinning time quite limited I'll probably spend my time on other characters.

A while back Tomato offered to create a mesh part for me. I sent him a short list of things I wanted and was pleasantly surprised when he offered to do three of them including Hazmat's helmet. The other two were the released Anole and previewed Surge. Hazmat has been half done for a long long time but I finally finished her up. The helmet was quite easy to skin so kudos to the great Tomato. He also sent me a great Scott Lang helmet and I plan to work on him and finish Surge in the near future.

Other than that I'd like to do something DC commemorate the end of the old continuity and start of the Reboot. We'll see...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Not being up on current continuity, I'm not familiar with the character, but the skin turned out really well. Her eyes in particular turned out really nice.

style

The Ultimate Fan!

AfghanAnt

Tomato

About time you skinned this!

Er... I mean... great skin Pod! Keep up the good work  :P

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on August 30, 2011, 10:00:46 PM
About time you skinned this!

Yeah seriously, I'm contending for slowest skinner in the world at this point.

Thanks guys. Just a note the helmet screen is alpha'd so it looks much cooler behind a black background rather than the white of the CTool2. I'll try to release soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

eh... I think I still own that *gives sideways glance to Wolverine*

laughing paradox

Hazmat!

Great job on her, Pod. The skin is awesome. We do need some Avengers Academy love, that book has been so entertaining.

Podmark

Something a little different today:

The Rat King of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, specifically the original cartoon.

So I received a PM from Benton Grey on Saturday asking if I'd skin the Rat King. I rarely take requests, but he just happened to message me at the right time as I'd earmarked this weekend for skinning so I was in the mood. The Rat King looked pretty easy, and I was a huge Turtles fan when I was a kid. Plus Benton has earned some points from me for being one of the most active people in our shrinking community. So yeah that's how I ended up skinning the Rat King. Came together really fast too, I skinned all of him in one day, really rare for me these days.

Benton has some more pics of him over in his Turtles mod request thread. Maybe give him a hand if you can.

I keep wanting to skin Karai for him, but can never build up the motivation to skope her. Karai was one of my favorite parts of the 2003 cartoon.

I've been working on another skin this weekend as well. I'm sure you'll see it soon enough...

Also Hazmat is out.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

style

The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

Pod, I'm always a fan of your work, but like I told you via PM, the Rat King is one of my absolute favorite characters from TMNT, and it is a huge thrill for me to see him in the game.  The skin itself is excellent, with really great work on the bandages on his face.

These two other ladies you've skinned I don't recognize.  They're both nicely done though.  Is Hazmat a skope?  How did you do that?  The Omega Sentinel girl has a really distinct face.  Great work on that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Thanks Benton. It really did come out alright.

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 05, 2011, 10:23:41 PM
Is Hazmat a skope?  How did you do that?

I guess you call it a mesh. It's Tomato's female_teen with a custom helmet made by Tomato.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Wait, did you just skin the Rat King? :blink:

Seriously, you're churning out some of your best skins to date with these past few skins. :thumbup:

Podmark

I wanted to do a little something to commemorate the old DCU in the wake of the reboot, so I put this together:

It's Batman.
What can I say? Batman is one of my favorite comic characters, and this skin represents my favorite costume design for him (The blue version is fine too).

I've been working on a new set of six characters. I'm getting through them at a good pace but it'll probably still be a while before my next preview.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Tomato

Batman looks good. Very classic look for him as well.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

ShawDAMAN

late I know, but those are all fantastic. I particularly like the 2 ladies.  ;)

Amazo Version 2.2

i thought i had commentted on these already, fried brain i guess. your highlights and shaduw usage is really well done on all your skins,
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Podmark

Just in time for Halloween I finished my skin set!

It's the family of Bruce Wayne, all in their final costume before the reboot.

Batman - Dick Grayson
The first adopted child of Bruce Wayne. I'm a big fan of Dick, as I imagine most here are. I believe this is the first skin of Dick as Batman. I enjoyed his stint as Batman, obviously it had to end eventually but it was fun.
I wish the belt buckle could have been more accurate. Does anyone know of a mesh part that looks like this?

I'd also like to get accurate arm hooks for Dick, Tim, and Damian as they all use the same gauntlet design. So if anyone has any ideas for those like me know.

Robin - Damian Wayne
The only biological child of Bruce, Damian is the fifth Robin. Damian is an arrogant little brat, and recently I've come to really love him. He's so different from the rest of the Bat team and he interactions with him are so much fun.
I did my best but if anyone has some tips for adjusting the skope for child size please let me know.

Batman - Bruce Wayne
Here we have Bruce in his Batman Incorporated costume. I kinda like the Incorporated idea, but it does pull the Batman books away from Gotham and the core cast more than I'd like. I haven't read the book yet though, waiting for the trade to come out. To me he competes with Spider-Man for best comic character.

Red Robin - Tim Drake
Tim was adopted by Bruce after his father died. This is Tim in his second Red Robin costume. I really prefer the second costume, it's more modern and helped make the Red Robin Tim's own. Tim is one of my 3 favorite DC characters, the other two being Bruce and Cass. This will not be the last time I skin Tim.

Blackbat - Cassandra Cain
Just a few months ago Cassandra Cain came out of limbo with a new identity of Blackbat. I still doesn't feel right that she's not Batgirl but the new name/costume is alright. Now she just needs to get into the Reboot books. Cassandra was adopted just prior to Batman's "death" during Final Crisis.

Red Hood - Jason Todd
Bruce's second ward, the second Robin who died and then came back to become the Red Hood. I'm not really a big fan of Jason, and it was kinda stupid the way they brought him back, but I do see some potential for him. I like this costume, it's more Jason's style than the caped dome look he had in Morrison's arc, but more superhero-y than his first look. His new reboot look is similar but on the dull side.

I'd been planning to do this set for a long time, and I'm very happy to have finished it, but this certainly won't be my last trip to Gotham.

Image is on the small side, I can provide individual pics if you guys want.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Bloodshadow

Sweet! :thumbup:
They all look great Pod,I really like Damian but all of them are awesome. :cool:

Tomato

Ha! Totally called it!

Loving these skins man. About the only real nitpicks I have are Bruce's logo being a tad smallish (the logo is almost smaller than tim's, and it shouldn't be) and the colors being a touch bright for my personal taste... but then, I feel the same way about most of C6's stuff, so it's really a personal preference thing than anything else (I like dark colors. sue me)

You're missing wannabe batgirl though. Just sayin'

laughing paradox

Pod, this is a great set of Bat-family characters.

Damian looks cool and I love the attention to detail for the Bruce Wayne Batman. And I really like Black Bat: I had not expected to see Cassandra in that version.

I must admit to being slightly bummed that there is no Stephanie-Batgirl, but I realize this is a group of literal family members.

Could you alpha out the belt after skinning it? That might work.. I can't think of any belt that looks like that picture, tho.

AfghanAnt

Neato! I'm really excited to Cass in her BlackBat costume.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on October 30, 2011, 08:32:49 AM
Ha! Totally called it!

Well my avatar is usually a big hint of what I'm skinning next.

About the only real nitpicks I have are Bruce's logo being a tad smallish (the logo is almost smaller than tim's, and it shouldn't be)

With the power of skoping I can easily adjust that.
I tend to prefer bright colours in my art. Many of favorite art teams use brighter colours.

You're missing wannabe batgirl though. Just sayin'
Quote from: laughing paradox on October 30, 2011, 12:03:44 PM
I must admit to being slightly bummed that there is no Stephanie-Batgirl, but I realize this is a group of literal family members.

Yeah this was a family affair. But, to quote Rhodey, "Next time, baby".

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 30, 2011, 12:03:44 PM
And I really like Black Bat: I had not expected to see Cassandra in that version.
Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 30, 2011, 12:35:02 PM
Neato! I'm really excited to Cass in her BlackBat costume.

Cass coming back in that new identity was one of several factors that pushed me to do this set now.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Cyber Burn

Geeze Pod, these are fantastic, great colors, the lines are crisp, just "WoW"!

As for your belt, maybe Gren's Aquaman?

And for the gloves, maybe Tommyboy's Batman_new_tf?

Neither is a perfect match, but may be close enough to work with.

spydermann93

JJ has a mesh with the belt type you're looking for on the FRP2 site, I believe.