News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Like this one, Pod. Too bad Prof X was practically dropped off the face of the Earth once Carey finished with him. He was so much more likable during his tenure in legacy than he had been in decades. I'm kinda tired of the "Rogue's X-men/Rogue's trainees/Rogue's X-men" stuff going on with Legacy now because it's a book very much at the whim of the MANY X-events and nothing gets a chance to develop because most arcs are at least 3 issues long. It's unfortunate. Let me know how Gage's run goes. I hope he drops the uber Rogue focus as she's not a character I'm all that fond of any longer.

-----------------

Dear Outcast,

lose the Daffy smile. Pixie is 14 and annoying... but not cute annoying like she used to be, but just annoying annoying. Don't you dare go against my word.

-----------------

Dear Bloodshadow.

<_<

Watch your back. I've sent Tomato to deal with you.
Disappear when you least expe--

Outcast

Quote from: Previsionary on January 10, 2012, 05:13:21 AM
Dear Outcast,
...Pixie is 14 and annoying... but not cute annoying like she used to be, but just annoying annoying. Don't you dare go against my word.
Well, the character design looks pretty cool to me. Besides, she's got these fairy/butterfly wings....and my niece just loves heroic characters with wings. (well nowadays...mostly the feather and angel-like wings but she liked fairy wings before...) :)

Bloodshadow

QuoteDear Bloodshadow.

Watch your back. I've sent Tomato to deal with you.
Awww c'mon Prev,Hope isn't that bad :P

Tomato

Podmark

The people have spoken, and the people want Batgirl!

It was pretty much a landslide too. Can't say I'm surprised, I expected Batgirl to win. Hope I thought was a wild card, she'd either crash badly or her relevance might let her sneak a win. I didn't think Pixie had much of a chance, for a character that appears a lot she's not as memorable as she could be. Spider-Girl is the least relevant character so I didn't expect she'd do well unless we got a lot of voters who were unfamiliar with or didn't like the other characters.
So a worthy win for a great character and a great costume that I don't think has been skinned yet.
As for the others, they remain on my list so one day.

I have plans for more polls this year, they'll be a little different though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Pod... you should have known better. If both Prem AND I agree on something, the cosmos is so disrupted by the insanity of that fact that it automatically bows to our will.

AfghanAnt

New Pixie would've been neat. I really like that they made her into this little Magik.

laughing paradox

I'm glad it's Batgirl. I enjoyed Stephanie Brown as a character.. dating back to her Spoiler days.. her friendship with Cassandra/Batgirl.. her turn as Robin. Why did I never skin her?! Haha.. glad you're doing it! Will you consider redoing your Spoiler as well? Not to say that the skin needs an update, but the skope it's on could be updated.

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 14, 2012, 09:23:46 PM
I'm glad it's Batgirl. I enjoyed Stephanie Brown as a character.. dating back to her Spoiler days.. her friendship with Cassandra/Batgirl.. her turn as Robin. Why did I never skin her?! Haha.. glad you're doing it! Will you consider redoing your Spoiler as well? Not to say that the skin needs an update, but the skope it's on could be updated.

I definitely want to update Spoiler, both the skin and definitely the skope, but I'm not sure if it will be now. I also want to skin Robin too but that one will have to wait. Burned myself out of Bat stuff. But I should be picking up new Bat trades in a few months so we'll see.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

That would have been my second vote...if we were allowed second votes. I approve of this election.

isais1

Whats Up

Podmark

She's done:

Stephanie Brown, formerly Robin, formerly (and probably currently) Spoiler, and one time Batgirl.

So as you may know I am a huge Cassandra Cain fan, she is among my three favorite DC characters and among my favorite comic characters in general. And of course it's been frustrating to be a Cass fan as DC has really screwed around with her in the last few years. So of course I was weary of a new Batgirl, but when I learned it was Spoiler I found myself completely fine with it. I like Steph and she and Cass were friends, she'd want Steph to take over for her (literally that's how the scene plays out, Cass just hands over the costume - later retconed into Bruce's idea).
Of course now Barbara is Batgirl again  <_<

Really glad you guys got me to skin Steph, I was all ready to move on from Bat characters but you pulled me in for one last job. It's a nice costume and surprising easy to skin.

I'm currently running a new poll, Rogue vs Colossus, vote now for which you'd like to see skinned. As of this writing it's a deadlock.

I've been sitting on Kaine until I've seen full body shots. He didn't actually wear his costume in the first issue, but issue 2 is out tomorrow. So hopefully some releases soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yay!

Great work Pod. Love the skinwork on her.

Outcast

Batgirl looks great Pod. Didn't expect you to finish so fast. :o

laughing paradox

Yeah, Batgirl! She came out really well, Pod. Nice to see it done already.

murs47

Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh
Spoiler
BATGIRL!

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

juancho

I think Murs finally lost it :P

Nice skin Pod. Steph is looking gooooood

Tomato

Quote from: juancho on February 08, 2012, 11:32:59 PM
I think Murs finally lost it :P

Nice skin Pod. Steph is looking gooooood

Lost what, exactly? He can't lose things he doesn't have.

Podmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Outcast on February 08, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
Batgirl looks great Pod. Didn't expect you to finish so fast. :o

Yeah first poll skin I actually finished on time  :thumbup:

Quote from: murs47 on February 08, 2012, 04:20:13 PM
Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh
Spoiler
BATGIRL!

This was actually my second choice for the thread title.

ITEM! I read the second issue of Scarlet Spider today (really enjoyed it btw) and finally got a good look at Kaine's back. Good thing I waited, it's completely different than I expected. Hopefully I'll have a chance to update the skin in the next few days.

ITEM! Wolverine and the X-Men is still awesome. I love it so very much.

ITEM! The poll is still very tight, with a one vote difference right now. Not what I was expecting.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

The Hitman

juancho

Quote from: Podmark on February 09, 2012, 04:51:41 AM
ITEM! I read the second issue of Scarlet Spider today (really enjoyed it btw) and finally got a good look at Kaine's back. Good thing I waited, it's completely different than I expected. Hopefully I'll have a chance to update the skin in the next few days.

I've been so out of  the marvel loop lately, what's the deal with this new scarlet spider, who is he?, is he part of the main marvel world?

Isawsome pics on Marvel's facebook page and really liked the costume.

that said, I have already voted on your poll, and of course you should skin rogue. We can always use more rogue love :D

Podmark

Quote from: juancho on February 09, 2012, 07:53:01 AM
I've been so out of  the marvel loop lately, what's the deal with this new scarlet spider, who is he?, is he part of the main marvel world?

A little further back I give some details on him. It's Kaine, one of the Spider clones from the Clone Saga. It is indeed part of the main Marvel world.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Dearest Podmark,

I believe this skin is wonderfully done. The conflict here is that I don't like you, so by paying you a compliment, I feel like I'm lowering myself. You see the problem this presents? *erases the skin*

MWAHAHAHA! *disappears in a throng of maple leaves*
Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

I totally thought I already typed this but she is a thing of beauty.

naitvalis

Amazing work Pod! and this "Vote" thing is a great idea, i'll go vote immediatly hehe

Podmark

The poll is over and the winner is Colossunaut. I hope to have him completed by the end of March.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnkoMan

Oh, I forgot to mention that she is swell, too!

Bloodshadow

Batgirl looks great Pod :thumbup:
Can't wait to see your Colossalnaut