News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

The winner of the February poll is complete:

So is Colossus as Juggernaut a good idea? No, probably not, but I actually like it. Mostly because it's something interesting happening with Colossus, how often does that happen?

Huge thanks to Grenadier on this one. He provided a basic body Colossus for me to skope. So thank you Gren, I owe you one.

Now I debated whether to skin the Juggernaut form on the Colossus mesh or a Juggernaut sized mesh. I've found the comics inconsistent on whether he is bigger or not. For now I'm going with the Colossus body, I may change my mind.

When it comes to comic costumes I'm not huge on Piotr's. I find most of his costumes are very generic, it's just red and yellow. It looks okay but as a superhero it's kinda meh. There's a few costumes that I feel that way about.

And now some fan questions!
Q: Will you be doing another poll?
A: Yes, there will be a March poll, another X-Men Schism choice. Haven't decided for sure which two characters it will be but I have my short list.

Q: Are you ever going to release the skins you've previewed (Scarlet Spider, Professor X, Batgirl)?
A: Yes. Batgirl and Xavier are ready. Still have to finish up the Scarlet Spiders. Hopefully I'll get stuff out within the next weeks.

Q: Did you just make up your own "fan" questions?
A: Uhhh... BYE!! *runs away*
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Great work man. Almost makes me appreciate the goofiness of the whole thing... almost.

TonmaFan

I absolutely adore the way you use highlights.  :charonwow:
I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

UnfluffyBunny

I have no idea about recent comic events but I find the idea strangely appealing... awesome skin

Cyber Burn

Loving the vibrant colors Pod. I envy your yellow.

Sledgehammer

Wonderful job with Colossus, Pod. I've always had a soft spot for your X-Men skins.

billdamn22

Always been a fan, Pod. I love the vibrant colors and I am jealous of how well you do the highlights. Colossunaut?? They aren't really calling him that are they? I like the idea as Colossus has always been my favorite X-Man and anything that brings attention to him is good to me. I would think that with Juggy's powers though, he would be larger, but I digress... It is a great skin overall...

Podmark

Quote from: billdamn22 on February 28, 2012, 03:19:20 AM
Always been a fan, Pod. I love the vibrant colors and I am jealous of how well you do the highlights. Colossunaut?? They aren't really calling him that are they? I like the idea as Colossus has always been my favorite X-Man and anything that brings attention to him is good to me. I would think that with Juggy's powers though, he would be larger, but I digress... It is a great skin overall...

lol no they don't really call him that. Just a fan nickname used by some.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Nice stuff Pod, very nice stuff.  The Batgirl is really nice, but I really like that Colossus.  I'm not a fan of that design, but your version looks good.  I really like his "skin" tone.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

revels

Where can I find your Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) work? Really well done!!!
(I couldn't find on your google page, yahoo, or heroforce.)
Thanks!

Podmark

Quote from: revels on March 22, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
Where can I find your Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) work? Really well done!!!
(I couldn't find on your google page, yahoo, or heroforce.)
Thanks!

Sorry I haven't released it yet, been distracted lately. Expect it and my other previewed skins soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

revels

danzrocker

So Pod when will you be releasing your awesome and incredible Colossonaut skope at Heroforce . Or if possible could you send it to me at my email : nova.rocker@hotmail.com since i am insanely in love with it.  :)

Podmark

Batgirl, Professor X, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), and the Scarlet Spiders (MVP) (update) have been uploaded to Hero Force.
Colossus will have to wait a little longer, there's actually still a bit of work I need to do on him. After that: Cannonball.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

CANNONBALL!!!  :lol:

Oh, also, yay, more Pod skins. *composes self and disappears via walking through a Canadian flag*
Disappear when you least expe--

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

murs47

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on March 31, 2012, 05:08:28 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on March 25, 2012, 09:13:20 PM
CANNONBALL!!!  :lol:

Cannonballs, Prev. Cannonballs.

I miss Cable and Deadpool.
Coincidentally I will likely update some of my older Cannonballs when I skin the new one. So you be getting Cannonballs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

revels

Using the new Batgirl (stephanie brown). It's great! Thanks again.

Podmark

A little proof that I still exist:

Jim Lee costume Colossus. Update of the old skin by myself and the late Matrix.

So last month was a no skin zone for me, a large chunk of it went to playing ME3. I've been working on Cannonball this past week and he's coming along very well, should be done by next weekend.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Probably the most memorable comic item from my childhood is those Jim Lee era costumes...well this universal one and the one's used in the original cartoon. Well done, Podalicious

Amazo Version 2.2

nice skin work podmark. just out of curiuosity, hows the colossus/juggernaut coming?

laughing paradox

I have always liked the design of the X-men's team uniforms. The original ones and this Jim Lee designed one are great, and it's a very cool skin. Good job, Pod.

Podmark

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 16, 2012, 07:50:16 PM
nice skin work podmark. just out of curiuosity, hows the colossus/juggernaut coming?

He's done, I just need to pack him up. Probably after I'm done Cannonball.

I've just accepted rfreixo request for a J Jonah Jameson skin. That and Cannonball will put me at 399 unique skins, so it's time to figure out what will be skin 400.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Going by your previous work, I would say: Kyle Rayner (Blue Lantern), Rogue, Juggernaut, or Aunt May.

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on April 17, 2012, 12:59:48 AM
Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 16, 2012, 07:50:16 PM

He's done, I just need to pack him up. Probably after I'm done Cannonball.

I've just accepted rfreixo request for a J Jonah Jameson skin. That and Cannonball will put me at 399 unique skins, so it's time to figure out what will be skin 400.

He's obviously not asking for requests because he already knows what he'll end up skinning: His rival and superior Pre "Mr. Know That" Visionary. And at the declaration of such wonderful news, all the lessers were mad... and Prev smiled on that day... whilst mocking Canadia. Know that.

Congrats on the upcoming 400, Poddy Markington. :thumbup:.

BTW, um... still waiting on that write-up.
Disappear when you least expe--

Amazo Version 2.2

i agree with the aunt may skin, i've never seen her skinned before. it would be a really "unique" skin.