News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danzrocker

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 17, 2012, 01:22:57 AM
Going by your previous work, I would say: Kyle Rayner (Blue Lantern), Rogue, Juggernaut, or Aunt May.

I would agree with CB as well though not to forgot that good ol`granny Aunt May can`t really fight at all but she really has some great skills and powers which no superhero ever had which are as follows:
Spoiler

Stitching, Cooking, Sewing ,Caring for her young man Pete and many more. In fact what i think her powers could be like this:
1. Frying Pan Smash
2. Stitch-a- Pow
3. Needle Sting
4. Spatula Throw (Aunt May `s Magical Weapon)
5. Super Scolding Slap
6. Agressive Yell.

Wow those are really cool powers ............. :lol: they would oust or overcome babes like Wonder Woman, Rogue , Ms. Marvel and even Jessica Marias (say Whattt!). Do you agree? Then again she better not take out Jessica or she will surely pay the price.  :)

Also if the suggestions section is open so then Pod! if possible hows about placing these under consideration as well : Namor (New recent costume) ,StarLord (Guardians of the Galaxy) , Venom (Flash Thompson) any red lantern like Dex-starr 'ring a bell'  (if possible) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (you got to be kidding me :blink: ).  And great job on solidifying your legacy by reaching 400 skins which is quite a prominent and solid number. Your Legacy is quitelike an Undertaker Streak don`t you think?   ;)

Tomato

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on April 17, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
*slaps pod*

You should know better, shlore

You would think, but he left himself wiiide open for this.  :P

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on April 17, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
*slaps pod*

You should know better, shlore

Apparently not.

For skin 400 I will select one skin from any suggestions thrown out here. This isn't a request thread just throw out some suggestions and I'll pick something that catches my eye. I'll make the selection when I've finished up the next two skins.
Sadly I'm not interested in skinning Aunt May. Lots of cool ideas though, some are already on my list.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Oh, silly, sweet, Canadian Pod. The decision has already been made by moi. Your confusion is almost cute. *evil laugh and so on*

*disappears in a cannonball-esque streak*
Disappear when you least expe--

murs47

Well, seeing as how you have a nifty X-Force collection perhaps you could expand on that with AoA Nightcrawler. Or, maybe you could contribute to Marvel Legacy <3. Those are my suggestions.

laughing paradox

Fantomex! Fantomex!

What version of Cannonball are you doing? What's your base mesh for your skope?

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 18, 2012, 01:26:01 AM
What version of Cannonball are you doing? What's your base mesh for your skope?

His current Legacy costume. I'm building it on the Cannonball skope me and AA made a few years ago, included in the Carey skin in AA's section on HF.

So a little admission, I often lack artistic creativity. That's why I almost exclusively skin established costumes and why I've rarely participated in skinning challenges. So I'm not sure how likely I am to make a Marvel Legacy skin. I do like the series you started Murs, and I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on April 18, 2012, 01:51:50 AM

So a little admission, I often lack artistic creativity. That's why I almost exclusively skin established costumes and why I've rarely participated in skinning challenges. So I'm not sure how likely I am to make a Marvel Legacy skin. I do like the series you started Murs, and I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Pod, I believe in you.

Podmark

I've just uploaded Colossus and Jameson. Jameson was skinned for rfreixo's Spider-Man mod, it seems pretty cool so you should check it out.

Hoping to finish up Cannonball this weekend. He's nearly done.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Amazo Version 2.2

thanks for releasing your colossus skope, i love it.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Podmark

Winner of the March poll Cannonball:

And some Cannonball reskins:

I actually have two more Cannonball skins I can reskin, but I may take a break from Sam for a bit. I'm a little Cannonball'd out.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Sweet pack Pod! So much Cannonballs!

Cyber Burn

Especially digging the "All-In-One" skopes. Very nice Pod.

Previsionary

Dearest rival Pod,

I am impressed by your work. Good job, son.

detourne_me

These are all fantastic,  I really dig the latest look he has,  I havent seen t yet in an issue (no idea which comics he's in now)
I love how well you did the New Mutants hair.... only two things missing though... dumbo ears!

laughing paradox

Really nice work on these, Pod! Nice to have such variety.

BentonGrey

You know, I've always had a soft spot for Cannonball, though I don't think I've read more than one or two comics that featured him.  When I was a kid, I drew a picture of a superhero I had created and named him something like cannonball.  Imagine my surprise when that weekend we went to the store, and I found an action figure being sold there that was EXACTLY what I had drawn!  Ha, I'm not sure how Marvel stole my idea, but shame on them, stealing from a little kid. :P 

These skins are great Pod!  I really like that first one, but you've done a really nice job on all of them.  The fact that this is an all-in-one skope is even cooler!  You said you had two others that you hadn't finished yet.  Was this one of them?:
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp306/epicconventions/1992MU3_Cannonball.jpg
I ask because that is the costume I "created" way back when, and although it has 90's stink all over it, I still have a soft spot for it. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 01, 2012, 01:59:44 PM
These skins are great Pod!  I really like that first one, but you've done a really nice job on all of them.  The fact that this is an all-in-one skope is even cooler!  You said you had two others that you hadn't finished yet.  Was this one of them?:
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp306/epicconventions/1992MU3_Cannonball.jpg
I ask because that is the costume I "created" way back when, and although it has 90's stink all over it, I still have a soft spot for it. ;)

Nope I've never skinned that costume before. The two I might reskin are his costume from volume two of X-Force (old version on my section of HF) and the Mike Carey era costume (I don't think my version was ever released but I think I sent it to AA to help make his).
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on January 02, 2012, 09:04:42 PM
Scarlet Spider

Spinning out of the recent Spider Island storyline in Amazing Spider-Man, a new Scarlet Spider ongoing series starts next week starring Spider-Man's formerly degenerated clone Kaine. That's right, we now live in a world where Kaine has his own solo series - and I'm quite looking forward to it.

I just drank from the Scarlet Spider kool-aid....man is it good! Nice skin Poddy! Now that I'm reading Venom and Scarlet Spider I'm very curious about Spider-Island. Is that a good jumping on point for someone who hasnt read Spider-Man since Civil War?

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on May 14, 2012, 01:57:34 AM
I'm very curious about Spider-Island. Is that a good jumping on point for someone who hasnt read Spider-Man since Civil War?

It's probably a decent jumping on point. I'm trying to think if there's anything you'd be lost on. The big one was something called One More Day but I'm willing to bet you've heard about that, otherwise Peter was dating a CSI name Carlie, Aunt May has married Jameson's father, and Jameson is now the mayor of New York. Other than that you should be alright I think. I've really enjoyed Slott's run.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Thank you Pod. Ive heard many things about BND. None of them good. Pete makes a deal with Mephisto...blah blah blah. I knew about Jameson being the mayor of NYC. The rest I had no clue. I've heard nothing but good things about Slott's run but I just didnt know where to start. Guess I'll start with Spider-Island.

detourne_me

Spider-Island was amazing,  a complete thrill throughout it.  I also really recommend the arc before it called Big Time!  and the current Ends ofthe Earth arc is really cool with spidey vs. the sinister six.

murs47

I have another question about Slott's run: Do the Fantastic Four frequent it a lot? I have very much enjoyed Spidey in FF.

detourne_me

Not really.  some appearances

There were a few issues a couple months back leading up to Ends of the Earth that had Pete and Johnny teaming up in space.  they were cool.
I think Reed has made an appearance or two in the last few issues too,

Podmark

They appear a fair bit, there was a set of 4 issues shortly after Johnny's death that were a FF team-up, and then is the Johnny/Spidey team up from a month or two ago that Detourne mentioned. Beyond that it's mostly small appearances such as Ben showing up as an Avenger in a couple storylines and Reed appearing as a scientist in Spider Island.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Sigh, my laptop is in the shop. Luckily backed up everything and I'm on my old desktop for the time being. This will probably slow down skinning for a while.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on May 20, 2012, 09:19:50 PM
Sigh, my laptop is in the shop. Luckily backed up everything and I'm on my old desktop for the time being. This will probably slow down skinning for a while.

But will it give you more time to write that highlight, dear boy?

Sorry about your lappy. :(

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on May 20, 2012, 10:04:46 PM
But will it give you more time to write that highlight, dear boy?

Well, maybe  :unsure:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Impressive work here, Pod. Like everyone else I'm impressed with your colors and the highlights. All characters are great, but I liked your take on the Bat Family the most, it's great to see Stephy Batgirl in FF.