News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sioux City Dynamo

great stuff pod!  what meshes r u using for robin?
Io

Podmark

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on September 09, 2012, 12:32:16 AM
great stuff pod!  what meshes r u using for robin?

Thanks!
The mesh is an excellent Red Robin skope by detourne_me that I've modified, the same one used for my Red Robin skins that are up at Hero Force with a few more extras added on.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

These look great Pod. I'm especially fond of Tim as Batman.

laughing paradox

Those Robins are great. I like how the Batman really looks like a kid and not just a Batman on a smaller mesh.

BentonGrey

Great work Pod!  I love that original Robin skin.  You've done some really nice work with the cape as it crosses his shoulders.  That's a very nice skin!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

We all know 52 doesn't count pod, particularly for tim and the other titans. Honestly, I'd rather see you skin other YJ characters, at least they matter to the people writing them.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on September 10, 2012, 05:29:15 AM
We all know 52 doesn't count pod, particularly for tim and the other titans. Honestly, I'd rather see you skin other YJ characters, at least they matter to the people writing them.

Well there's not much to worry about right now, I'm not likely to skin New 52 Red Robin any time soon.
No real plans for any other YJ skins except maybe Dick.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Excellent Tims Poddy, I've always loved Tim's post Infinite Crisis look and you nailed it nicely here :wub:

Podmark

Mr Drake is awaiting you on HeroForce.

New previews for today: Scott Lang AKA Ant-Man!

My previously releasted original costume shifted over to a new skope.

New skin of Ant-Man's Heroes For Hire costume, a favorite of mine. This skin is thanks to a great mask model provided by Tomato, one that took me far too long to finish skinning.

Update of Ant-Man's Avengers costume, another favorite of mine.

New skin of Ant-Man's new FF costume for Marvel Now. I believe this is the first Marvel Now costume skinned.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Sweet! So Lang is back for good?

detourne_me

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yes!
any chance we'll be seeing the other FF?

Outcast

It's the first time i've seen some of the new costumes. The Heroes for Hire costume and FF (Marvel Now?) costume looks pretty good to me. Nice skope and skins Pod. :)

Sioux City Dynamo

Great stuff!  I love the Antmen!!
Io

Podmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: murs47 on September 16, 2012, 09:31:39 PM
Sweet! So Lang is back for good?

Seems so.

Quote from: detourne_me on September 17, 2012, 10:53:02 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yes!
any chance we'll be seeing the other FF?

I wasn't planning on it, I'll keep it mind though.

Quote from: Outcast on September 17, 2012, 04:00:35 PM
FF (Marvel Now?)

Marvel Now is Marvel's big relaunch starting next month.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Hey, nice job on Scott Lang. I am really diggin' his new F4 costume. With Allred on the art, I think that book is going to be a lot of fun.

AfghanAnt

So far not a fan of any of the Marvel Now costumes but I am a fan of your skinning. :)

Podmark

Head down to HeroForce to get yourself some Ant-Man.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Thanks for releasing Tim and Scott, Pod.  These guys are great.
You've really been knocking these all-in-ones out of the park lately... Cannonball is amazing too.

Podmark

Something for Halloween:

Update of my classic Hobgoblin.

Originally this was going to be a Goblin set but then I spent most of this month playing Resident Evil 6, Borderlands, and then resting a sore back. I highly recommend them too...well not so much the sore back.

Have a happy Halloween!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

The color of the boots seems a bit off in comparison to the bootcuffs, but otherwise, he looks great. Really nice texture work on him.

Podmark

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 31, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
The color of the boots seems a bit off in comparison to the bootcuffs.

Good catch, I'll have to improve that. The boot cuffs have a weird lighting issue that I wasn't able to fully fix.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cascarudo

ghazkul

Love it man! You gonna do the new(ish) Hobby?

Podmark

Quote from: ghazkul on November 01, 2012, 10:30:00 PM
Love it man! You gonna do the new(ish) Hobby?

It's definitely on my list, not sure when just yet. Phil would have been in the set I mentioned but time just got away from me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on November 01, 2012, 03:44:03 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 31, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
The color of the boots seems a bit off in comparison to the bootcuffs.

Good catch, I'll have to improve that. The boot cuffs have a weird lighting issue that I wasn't able to fully fix.

I can probably fix it for you if necessary, but all you should need to do is right click the boot-cuffs then click mesh->face normals followed by mesh->smooth normals and use the default settings.

Podmark

Thanks for the advice Tomato. I gave it a try but it didn't seem to improve anything. The default values were:
Max Smooth Angle: 60
Max Vertex Distance: 0.0010
Should I be using a different value?

Now I did play with the NiMaterial Property Emissive Color wheel first, a tip cmdrkoenig67 gave me. It improved things but as you can see above it's still off.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Did you do the "Face normals" first? face normals should make the mesh look blocky and silly, then you use smooth normals to smooth them back out.

either way, my email is "my grey hulk 100 AT hotmail DOT com" without spaces.

Podmark

Aw crud, I missed a step  :doh:
I gave it a try but in nifskope niether setting caused any visible difference. However a friendly forum member (whose initials include U and E) has suggested a different skope for my little Hobgoblin, so I'll probably check that out instead.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Carol Danvers in her new Captain Marvel outfit. Huge thanks to Afghan Ant for helping me with her hair.

Still haven't gotten around to finishing Hobgoblin. Pretty much lost all skinning interest during November, actually thought I might be done for a while, but the skinning bug struck back during December. I have some other stuff that's almost ready, so you should see more from me later this month.

I started writing a novel in November so most of my free time has gone towards that.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page