News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Previsionary

Nice work, Poddington, but I really cannot support this costume. It's just... it's ridiculous... so I guess it continues the trend for Carol. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

detourne_me

VERY NICE! I really dig her new outfit.  This looks great!

billdamn22

Definitely not a fan of the costume, but it is a beautiful skin. Makes me consider picking it up again. Can't wait to see what else you got coming.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Previsionary on February 03, 2013, 12:36:56 PM
Nice work, Poddington, but I really cannot support this costume. It's just... it's ridiculous... so I guess it continues the trend for Carol. :P

I have to agree with Prev here, terrible costume, great execution.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

BentonGrey

What a great job on Captain Marvel, Pod!  I like that new costume, it's certainly more dignified and military than her original one.  You know, it makes more sense as something Carol Danvers might want to wear.  You've done an excellent job capturing it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

I like the costume too (except that stupid mask but that doesn't show up very often). The gloves and boots are over done but other than that I think it's fine. And making Carol the new Captain Marvel is a smart move for Marvel.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I don't have any issues with it, personally. I agree that the stupid mask doesn't make any sense, but other then that it's fine.

That said, I'll always prefer her black/yellow outfit, but that's just because I feel like it's more Carol and less homage-to-a-dead-alien-boyfriend. I'd be all over a more uniform-ish version of that costume.

laughing paradox

Nice skin! I'm glad someone tackled Carol's new costume. I hate the hair, and I generally prefer her Warbird/Ms Marvel look, but I don't think this costume looks bad at all.

Podmark

Captain Marvel is now online at HF.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Cyclops in his new costume:

When I first saw this costume in the Joe Quesada drawn Marvel Now teaser I hated it. Then when I saw Chris Bachalo (probably my favorite artist) draw it for the new Uncanny X-Men book I really came around to it.
Going to hold off releasing for a bit. I'd like to see Bachalo draw it some more to ensure accuracy.

Cyclops is my fav X-Man and I've really been enjoyed his story line from the past several years. Excited to see when Bendis takes him.
Definitely considering skinning the other Uncanny members. Just depends on finding the time. I might do some more Cyclops skins in the future as well. A Cyclops retrospective has been really tempting for a while.

Now on a different note, I'm looking for skoping help.
I have a number of skins that are being held up due incomplete skopes, and I can't seem to sit down and finish them.
The characters right now are:
Smasher
Venom

If you are interested in helping, send me a PM.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Y'know, as much as I railed against this when I first saw it, now that I've read Uncanny X-men and the events leading up to it, I actually really like it. My major issue with it going in was that that costume just doesn't feel like classic Cyclops, but the version that's presented in Uncanny and the events leading up to it isn't the Scott Summers of yore. He's a much darker character, more in line with Magneto at the height of his super-villainy. This costume reflects that, and feels more appropriate than having scott run around in his blue astonishing costume like he was in the opening issues of all new x-men.

That said, I love the skin, and I'm always down with having more X-men to play with.

windblown

That´s a very nice skin! I had the same reaction as you when I saw that first design, but it was growing on me after reading Uncanny (Bachalo's art probably helped to it). I think this new uniform fits the new revolutionary Cyclops.

ghazkul

I like it! I think the body is off tho. Looking at the art and styling maybe a more slender, dare I say weedier mesh might work better? I do LOVE the skin, so please don't kill me!

Are you gonna do any other X-Revolutionaries soon?

Podmark

Quote from: ghazkul on February 27, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
I like it! I think the body is off tho. Looking at the art and styling maybe a more slender, dare I say weedier mesh might work better?

Hmm...I'll take a look at the art and upcoming appearances. If I think it makes sense I'll take you make a switch.
I'm always open to suggestions, so don't worry about me killing you.

Quote from: ghazkul on February 27, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
Are you gonna do any other X-Revolutionaries soon?

Magneto for sure. Very likely Tempus. Not so sure about the rest. Erik will likely be one of the next skins I work once I finish a couple others.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Not having read an X-Book in who knows how long, I'm not familiar with the costume, but the skin looks great.

Podmark

New preview for today:

The young X-Man Pixie. In original Paragons training squad style and her (New) X-Men look.

This skin made possible due to the very awesome work of windblown! Expect to see many more works from us in the future.

windblown, I'd like to thank you personally on two levels. One, skoping has become something that has really slowed me down in skinning, so having someone that is able to put together skopes like you have that are really inventive (the Elixir one is just too cool!) is a huge help. Secondly, you have reinvigorated me to get back to skinning the New X-Men, which are among my greatest loves in comics. I forsee the day when I hang up skinning coming in the future, and if I got to that point and had never finished skins like the one above I would always have regretted it. So once again thanks.

For those of you unfamiliar with Pixie, she is one of the many students that went to the Xavier school when the Morrison era started. Originally a background character, she rose to prominence at the tail end of the Yost and Kyle run of New X-Men, and then during her regular role in Fraction's Uncanny. Mostly known for being cute, her mutant powers include flight and hallucination causing pixie dust, while she also gained magic abilities similar to Magik including a soul dagger and a teleportation spell. Currently she resides at the Jean Grey School but isn't appearing in any book regularly.

Some house cleaning items:

Hobgoblin - still haven't updated the skope. On indefinite hold until I do that.

Cyclops - after the last issue of Uncanny X-Men I will be updating the skin to include some additional costume details. I hope to do so this week, so his release will be soon.

Also something I'm eagerly excited about is that this week's All New X-Men is supposed to debut new costumes for the time displaced X-Men. Good chance those will be added to my skinning list...unless they suck.

Prodigy will be appearing in the new Young Avengers book. He's a favorite of mine so expect some reskins of him in the near future to celebrate this.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Podmark,

Great X-Men stuff!  I really like all them.  My favorite is the green Pixie!!
Io

windblown

No thanks needed!!  Thanks to you for these awesome skins! I like them a lot.

I'm happy to help to get you back to skinning the New X-men (and I hope that the day you hang up skinning is far far away :D).

Cyber Burn

Love the new skins Pod, great collaboration with Windblown, I look forward to seeing more.

laughing paradox

Your updated Pixie skins look fantastic.

You guys make a great team.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

I think Cyclops and Pixie looks awesome Podmark.

It's great to see that some of the newer costume designs in comics are still being skinned. :)

Podmark

With the assistance of the Great Tomato I give you...MAGNETO:

This is his new costume from the current Uncanny X-Men series. I really like it. Tomato created the custom helmet, which makes the skin/skope look so much better, I can't thank you enough Tom.

Skinning Magneto is a career highlight for me. He's one of my favorite characters but I've never had a decent reason to skin him. I try not to duplicate characters that have already been done before unless I have decent reason, usually doing a set. Eventually I may skin more Magneto costumes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

VERY nice mate. you doing Magik, Frost and Danger to finish off the group to?

Podmark

Quote from: ghazkul on April 07, 2013, 04:51:02 PM
VERY nice mate. you doing Magik, Frost and Danger to finish off the group to?

Hmm, an excellent question.

Magik - Definitely. Skoping should be interesting though.
Emma - Probably.
Danger - She's not actually part of this current group, she left after they rescued Cyclops from prison. I do have some interest in skinning her, but I'm not sure where to start on the skope.

Before any of the above I'll be working on some of the skopes Windblown has sent me. When I do come back to the Uncanny team I will probably skin Tempus first.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Helix

Wow. That is a brilliant skin/skope, Pod!

Tomato

K, longer response now that I'm not half-dead from my long work day...

The skin is great. Really, I love the detail you put in, it's all crisp and clean and quite possibly some of your best work yet. About the only thing that nags at me, and I don't know why, is that collar... it's technically accurate to the design and it's skinned decently enough, but for some reason it just doesn't fit with the rest of the skin. It nags at me and I wish I could be more coherent as to why.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on April 07, 2013, 11:00:08 PMAbout the only thing that nags at me, and I don't know why, is that collar... it's technically accurate to the design and it's skinned decently enough, but for some reason it just doesn't fit with the rest of the skin. It nags at me and I wish I could be more coherent as to why.

Hmm...I might fiddle with it, but I don't think there's alot I can do with the same piece. Let me know if you're able to narrow it down.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page