News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starman

hoss20

Would it help to make the folds on the neck piece more pronounced? I apologize that I've only seen a few reference pics of the new costume, but it appears that there are multiple, prominent folds in the neck piece. I also know from experience that sometimes the mapping for skoped on pieces doesn't allow for a great amount of detail. Also, it appears that if the cape were lifted a notch or two, it may blend into the neck piece a little more and not look like it's a separate piece.

I will say, though, that I like this quite a bit. The skin honestly looks better than the reference pics I mentioned above.

I almost forgot. Have you seen the vxBaron_Blitzkrieg mesh? It has a cape style similar to the new Magneto, except that the collar doesn't go out to the shoulders like you need and the cape itself is a little on the thin side. The Nazi symbol is removable, by the way.

Outcast

Great job on Magneto's new costume Podmark.  :)

If the collar is bothering you, and you're looking for some alternatives...Gren's Mysterio has a collar that looks like the one your using. Maybe that could work for you. :unsure:

Cyber Burn

Pod, I think that this Magneto is truly your best skin yet, which is saying a lot because you are a fantastic skinner. Kudos to both you and "Mato, because that helmet looks awesome. Thanks for staying in the skinning game as long as you have, you just keep getting better and your contributions to the community are much appreciated.

Podmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Outcast on April 08, 2013, 03:49:05 PM
If the collar is bothering you, and you're looking for some alternatives...Gren's Mysterio has a collar that looks like the one your using. Maybe that could work for you. :unsure:

Now that is an interesting option. I'll take a look into that one.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

That's an amazing Master of Magnetism there Podmark!  Great job,   I really think you've been kicking things up a notch lately too.

Previsionary

This is what Mags wears now? Interesting. Very good work, Poddington and Tom Tom (helm).
Disappear when you least expe--

windblown

I like the skin a lot, great job!!

Quote from: Podmark on April 08, 2013, 11:43:32 PM
Now that is an interesting option. I'll take a look into that one.

Another option could be Ink's Mastermind, maybe you could use its cloak with an alpha channel to hide the parts that you don't need.

laughing paradox

Great Magneto, Pod!

I look forward to what else you got in store.

Podmark

Today I bring you the Stepford Cuckoos aka the Three-In-One:

This is the costume they wore during Academy X as part of the Corsairs squad. Will be released in an all blue version as well as they were more commonly depicted.

The is a costume that they were sometimes drawn in (usually by Greg Land) while the X-Men stayed on Utopia. Personally I consider this costume to be Land being lazy but I threw it in because it was easy.

Lastly, I skinned them in a set of clothes they were very commonly drawn wearing. Usually I avoid skinning normal clothes but this was surprisingly fun. Having an outfit like this for the Cuckoos is appropriate as they are only rarely depicted in actual costumes.

Big thanks to Windblown for the very cool skope. If someone had told me beforehand that skoping three bodies onto one mesh was a good idea I probably would have rolled my eyes, but after seeing his skope I actually think it works really well for these characters. And if somebody really needs a single Cuckoo just open up NifSkope and hide the other two, problem solved.
Also notable, I created my own eyes for these skins. Usually I just modify the C6 base I use as needed. So that's pretty cool, should give me more flexibility.

I like the Cuckoos, they work best in a supporting role with the X-Men. This continues the collaboration between Windblown and myself, expect to see more of that. And due to recent X-Men events...
Spoiler

this continues my run of characters from the new volume of Uncanny X-Men. If the Cuckoos get a new regular look I'll add that to the list.

Haven't played with Magneto's scarf yet, perhaps sometime this week.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Helix

Cyber Burn

Awesome job on the Cuckoos Pod. The eyes do look nice, great coloring.

windblown

You even made their Greg Land costume!! I hadn't thought of that one (and yes, I'm sure that costume is because of Land's laziness). All of them look great!

daglob

I haven't  read any of the X-books in years, but these I like.

Tomato

Speaking as someone who hadn't been reading them for years and only JUST got back into it, you're missing out. The X-books are far better right now then they have been in ages.

Bloodshadow

Wow Pod!Very nice skins,I especially like Pixie and the Cuckoos,Sweet job on all of them though. :cool:

Podmark

Today I preview the X-Men student Bling!:

Four costumes:

• Her Greg Land costume from Second Coming
  • Her Paco Medina costume from Curse of the Mutants
  • Her Daniel Acuña costume from X-Men Legacy
  • Her Salvador Larroca costume from Gambit's training squad the Chevaliers

Once again with have a great skope provided by Windblown. Bling! is a mutant with a diamond body that can project diamond shards. Not huge on this character but she does have a neat visual.

I should have her and the Cuckoos uploaded sometime this week.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Another great collaboration guys. You two make an awesome team.

Podmark

I've just uploaded the Stepford Cuckoos and Bling! to Hero Force.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Thanks for the update Pod, I don't know how I missed the release of Cyclops and Pixie.

Bloodshadow

Sweet skins and skopes!I have no idea who she is but she looks cool. :D

BentonGrey

I don't know that character, but that's a really cool looking skin.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Today I bring you Sunspot:

Two new skins and two reskins. From left to right:

• New Mutants Original
  • Blue and Gold
  • Young X-Men
  • New Mutants Modern

I decided against reskinning my Hellfire Sunspot because that would have been more complicated than I wanted to spend time on at this time.
In Young X-Men I thought that costume looked really bland but it's okay in my skin.

All of these are on Windblown's amazing Sunspot skope which changes normal to cloaked in darkness on specific animations.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Nice work! i'm glad to see you collaboration with Windblown continuing! Top Quality stuff right there!

Cyber Burn

That's an awesome skope with some beautiful skins. Another killer collaboration for you two. I can't wait to see more.

Bloodshadow

Nice job Pod! :thumbup:
Are you doing his Avengers look also?Just curious.
Once again though,very nice work on the skins and a very cool skope by Windblown also :cool:

Sioux City Dynamo

Great stuff Pod!  You are really making it easy for me to round out the mutants in my collection!
Io

laughing paradox

AfghanAnt

Really great job on Sunspot Pod.

Podmark

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: Bloodshadow on May 13, 2013, 09:05:44 PM
Are you doing his Avengers look also?Just curious.

Not at this time, but maybe in the future.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page