News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Good to see you Cyber. Glad you like Rocket.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I'm glad to be back Pod, it just felt like something was missing by not being here.

As for your RR skins, would it be possible to do one with the red eyes that are shown in your Avatar pic? I would love to see how that looks on a skin.

Jimaras8

Finally some Krutacking Raccoon Podmark. When are you gonna release those man?

cmdrkoenig67

Pod,

Rocket Raccoon and Groot look fantastic!  I love 'em!

Dana

Podmark

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 06, 2013, 01:21:27 PM
As for your RR skins, would it be possible to do one with the red eyes that are shown in your Avatar pic? I would love to see how that looks on a skin.

Hmm, I think I could swing that. Artists draw Rocket differently. My version is based on Timothy Green III's art from the Rocket Raccoon and Groot backups in the Annihilators minis. I liked how he looked in that one.

Quote from: Jimaras8 on September 06, 2013, 03:22:59 PM
Finally some Krutacking Raccoon Podmark. When are you gonna release those man?

Maybe this weekend.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BigD

Okay then Pod :lol:, I'll be waiting patiently for their arrival during the weekend and I do hope that the arrival of them in the form of the release of Rocket Raccoon and/or Groot plus again Pod I really like both Rocket Raccoon and Groot very much big time and I think they make great pair of teammates above all they both look fantastic in the way you designed them :). Great job plus excellent work on both Rocket Raccoon (RR) and Groot themselves Pod :thumbup:, I do hope that you bring us more releases in the form of your latest characters and I do hope that you continue to keep up the good work ;).

BigD
:cool:

P.S. I'm hoping and/or still hoping that both Rocket Raccoon and Groot are either for :ff: or :ffvstr:, and I do hope that you let me know along with the others about it when they are released.

Podmark

Quote from: BigD on September 06, 2013, 11:33:33 PM
P.S. I'm hoping and/or still hoping that both Rocket Raccoon and Groot are either for :ff: or :ffvstr:, and I do hope that you let me know along with the others about it when they are released.

Sorry forgot to answer this one. The answer is...I'm not sure  :unsure: . Detourne_Me sent me the RR skope and Groot is just on the Ent mesh. I don't have  :ff: installed anymore so I can't really test.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BigD

I understand respectfully Pod :mellow:, I'll just do the testing for you on whichever version of :ff: I have on my computer depending on if it's the first one which is :ff: or :ffvstr:. Thanks anyway for answering for me Pod ^_^, and I still do hope that you will keep up the good work despite not having any version of :ff: installed on your computer one way or another ;). Peace out, and I'll see you all later :)!

BigD

Podmark

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 06, 2013, 01:21:27 PM

Rocket with red eyes. I'll include it as an alternate tga. You'll just have to rename it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BigD

I really like the alternate version of Rocket Raccoon with the red eyes in the form of the alternate tga Pod :thumbup:, and above all it looks like he's about to express his rage judging by those red eyes upon attacking his enemies with that look plus it does look like your avatar picture as well ^_^. So far so good Pod :D, you did a great job adding along with including an alternate tga possibly with the other ones as well and also I do hope that the finished versions of Rocket Raccoon (RR) himself along with Groot will be up for grabs in the form of a download when they arrive in the form of a release together Pod :lol:. Keep up the good work Pod, peace out and I'll CUL8TR ;)!

BigD

Podmark

Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Captain Universe have now been released. Enjoy!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BigD

Thank you very much Pod :lol:, I really like the way they look in their final design look and above all they are excellent :thumbup:. I just started to download them today and/or tonight Pod :o, and I had just got them now :D. I will test them out to see if they work out for me one way or another :). Great job 100% Podmark  ^_^! Until we meet again with the others Pod, peace out and keep up the good work ;).

BigD

Outcast

Hey great job on these latest skins of yours Podmark. Rocket Raccoon must have been very hard to do.. :)

Podmark

Way back in December and January I was working on a couple of skin sets. I got busy with other skins so it took some time to finish them, but I completed one of them this week. I give you my Electro retrospective:

And the Ultimate Electro:

First is the classic Electro costume. It's a goofy look but probably his best costume. Electro is one of those villains who works alright as a mook but isn't all that interesting in of himself, at least that way he's always come off to me. Good for filler in a Sinister Six.

Next is the blue/white costume that I think was designed by John Bryne for Spider-Man Chapter One. When I first saw it it was in a comic by John Romita Jr and it looked awesome. This was near when I first started reading comics regularly and as I saw more images of it I've come to see it as kinda terrible. It's very bland and generic. I'm not against the idea of a different colour scheme for Electro, and blue and white are a good fit for him, but this costume needs a little something more.
This is the third time I've skinned this version.

The third costume here was worn during the opening arc of New Avengers volume 1 by David Finch. I appreciate trying to do something new with his costume but like the Bryne costume this one is too simple and boring.

Fourth is the costume from Mark Miller's run on Marvel Knights Spider-Man designed by Terry Dodson. I like this one, the tech looking boots and gauntlets add some visual interest to the costume and the darker green looks nice. However this look was maddeningly inconsistent. Every shot of the gauntlets and boots was either too vague, far away, or different looking. I mostly just made up the design for my skin. Dodson is really bad for that - not an artist I like to use for reference pictures.
This was the skin that was holding up this set. For a long time I wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not. I was iffy on how to do the gauntlets and whether they needed skoped parts or not but ultimately decided to skin them on.

Next we have the current costume, first created for The Gauntlet arc with art by Paul Azaceta. This one just doesn't work for me. Just seems like a bit of a mis-mash of elements and looks too much like clothes. Also the star on his head just confused me. Is it a tattoo? A scar? Part of the costume? I don't know. Some artists do make this look pretty decent but that is true for almost every costume.
I do really like the little lightning bolt cut into the collar. That's neat.

And the last skin from the mainstream set is the Anti-Matter version depicted briefly in a recent issue of Avenging Spider-Man with art by Marco Checchetto. It looked kinda cool in his art, but it's nothing special, just created for a specific scene when Electro got a temporary power up to fight Thor. I did this skin on a lark. The form will probably never be used again in the comics but it was really easy to put together. This was the last skin created for this set.

Lastly we have the designs from the Ultimate universe. I've skinned both of these before. I kinda like the first design, but it really doesn't feel like Electro. I like the contrast of a dark costume with collar over the glowing orange face, and I like the lightning bolt cut of the suit. It's a little bland but otherwise I like it...but maybe not for Electro.

The second design is really just his full electric form, but artists started to use it exclusively for Electro as Ultimate Spider-Man went on. I don't have a problem with Electro having another form, but as his only look it's far too boring.

I did this set at a time when my skinning interest was at an all time low and I wanted something nice and simple to work on to try and get me back in the game. And as a bonus it included reskins (I'm always happy to bring older skins up to my current level), and it included the current costume as I'd been trying to put together a set of the newer villain looks.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

These are really great Pod.  I like the classic look best (although more from a Silver Age bias than anything else).

I sometimes wonder what the artists are thinking though.  I mean if you want to put your own mark on a character, make it pop.  Street clothes, or just changing the lightning bolt patterns seems a little lazy. 

I like the blue and white as well but, like you say, it seems to be missing something. 

Back to your work though, I think that you give the costumes a great look. You are a great skinner and I envy your ability.  Thank you for all the great toys you have made, and continue to make, for these little games.

"For Freedom"
For Freedom!

windblown

Very nice! I didn't know that Electro had had so many costumes.

Outcast

Great set of Electro skins Podmark.  :)

But did Electro have that plain black look/costume before? :huh:

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: windblown on September 17, 2013, 10:43:53 PM
Very nice! I didn't know that Electro had had so many costumes.

you always impress with some seriously sweet skins podmark, like windblown, i didn't realize that electro had so many different costumes
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Podmark

Well I'm very much a completest. I love seeing how a character has changed looks over the years. Whenever I see a character get a new costume I am very much interested.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on September 19, 2013, 03:36:23 AM
Well I'm very much a completest. I love seeing how a character has changed looks over the years. Whenever I see a character get a new costume I am very much interested.

That is something that I very much appreciate.

martialstorm

Great Electros and Rocket Pod  :thumbup:

Podmark

8 Electro skins now available at Hero Force.

Quote from: Outcast on September 18, 2013, 03:18:57 PM
But did Electro have that plain black look/costume before? :huh:

It's a form he had briefly in a recent issue of Avenging Spider-Man.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

Thanks for answering that Podmark. Sorry for the late response (I was preoccupied with some other stuff). I did find a reference picture for that look after a google search.

Ash4fire

Skerdilajd Shehi

i lover your work bro but its awesome when i play with my spidey character battling on the street of new york but later i'm going to work with Anansi! an character were you going to know him will be origins story!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Podmark

Today I preview skins of the New X-Men's Surge:

Nori Ashida is a Japanese mutant who absorbs electricity and discharges it as electrical blasts or super speed. She entered the Xavier school at the tail end of Morrison's run and has been with the X-Men ever since. She served as the leader if her squad during the Chris Yost and Craig Kyle written issues of New X-Men. Surge is one of my favorite characters among the teen X-Men. She has a really nice design and cool powers. Sadly she hasn't been used extensively since the New X-Men series ended.

This set is brought to you by Windblown who put together another of his awesome skopes. Also a big thanks to Tomato for modelling the hair used in the last two skins. He actually made that for me over a year ago but it wasn't until now that I was able to have a proper skope and finally finish the skins. It's great to be a community with helpful member like these two.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Excellent skin set Pod, and I agree, it's really great to see collaboration among our community's members, there have been some truly outstanding results.

naitvalis

very nice and rich assortment of skins for this character Pod!

laughing paradox

Surge looks so good! Nice work on her, Pod. And great skope by Windblown. I love all the little detailed differences from each look.