News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Today I bring you new X-Men previews!

First up Generation Hope and Wolverine And The X-Men regular Oya:

Idie is a teen mutant with the power of thermokinesis allowing her to project heat and cold. She was one of the five new mutants following Hope Summers arrival into the present, the first since the Scarlet Witch declared "No more mutants". She was part of Hope's team as the Five Lights in Generation Hope until the Schism between Cyclops' X-Men and Wolverine's, where she went with the latter to his newly opened Jean Grey School.
Idie comes from a village in Nigeria and she has a different perspective on things.

Once again this excellent skope has been brought to you by Windblown. Thanks Windblown!

For a long time I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the students from Wolverine And The X-Men because they only wore school uniforms. Usually I don't skin civilian clothes but these kids just weren't getting cotumes so what to do? Finally Windblown made the choice for me with his Idie skope. So now I have a female Jean Grey School uniform, so might as well update my recent female JGS students:

New skins for Bling!, Mercury, Pixe, Surge, and Trance. And this is why I was holding off releasing Surge.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Fantastic work Pod and Windblown. The updated school uniform skins are looking great too.

spydermann93

My mind just deflated.

Too much Awesome caused too much pressure and my brain popped.

RIP

laughing paradox

Oya looks real sweet. I like your seam and shadow work on her first costume.

It's nice to see all the students in their student uniforms. They all look really distinct and their faces look great! Great job on them, Pod and WB.

Cyber Burn

I have to agree, that first costume for Oya...Just, WOW. I like the other uniforms as well, but that first costume is just...WOW.

vorelliwiseau

I love your skinning work, Podmark, particularly their faces! I dunno if it's just me, but every one of the JGS students look wonderfully unique from each other. Someday I hope to that display that much detail when I skin stuff.

Oya looks awesome, too! Just look at her rocking that 'fro!

AfghanAnt

I thought I already commented on this but I really love the skope and the school girl uniform is superb.

windblown

Awesome. I love how different they look even with the same uniform.

Podmark

Hey everybody!
It took forever but I just uploaded Oya, Surge, and the new skins for Bling, Mercury, Pixie and Trance! Cheers!  :thumbup:

More fun stuff coming soon!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on January 27, 2014, 03:45:18 AM
Hey everybody!
It took forever but I just uploaded Oya, Surge, and the new skins for Bling, Mercury, Pixie and Trance! Cheers!  :thumbup:

More fun stuff coming soon!

Looking forward to seeing what else is on the horizon.  :thumbup:

Podmark

Today I bring you Hope Summers (one of many female X-Men who seem to hate code names  :wacko:)

Three costumes. First is the one from the last arc of the Cable ongoing. Next her most notable costume that debuted in Second Coming and is still used today. Lastly her briefly worn Phoenix costume from the end of AvX.

Those of you who follow the Hexing thread will have seen this skope previewed by my good friend Windblown. Thanks again Windblown.

I'm a fan of Hope, but I find her under used since AvX. She still hasn't met young Jean yet!

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

my response to the title of this thread: Boo.

Great skin though. I'm still "meh" on the character, but it feels like we should have her, I guess.

Outcast

I like the skin, face, skope/mesh, and costume. Looks great to me. :thumbup:

Bloodshadow

I've been waiting a long time hoping you would make Hope :P
She looks great as do all your other students,just plain awesome stuff Pod! :cool:

laughing paradox

Hope looks great. I like how young her face looks.

I think her 'classic' look is the best, design-wise. That blue costume looks like a mix of X-men and Tron.

naitvalis

beautyful skins here Pod! my knowledge of "Summers" stop to cyclop and havok, i really must update my data...

Jimaras8

Not fan of the character, fan of the skope nevertheless!!

Sioux City Dynamo

Very nice!  I always love your X-men characters.
Io

AfghanAnt

I really like Hope's blue costume and I can't wait to see her in action Pod.

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on January 31, 2014, 01:50:35 AM
I'm a fan of Hope, but I find her under used since AvX. She still hasn't met young Jean yet!

That's something I'd like to see.

Once again, fantastic skins Pod! :)

BentonGrey

Pod, I know none of the characters at all, but your skins make them all look fantastic!  The work you've done on their faces is particularly impressive, subtle, yet unique and with a 'youthful' look that seems perfect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

First Hope and Windblown's new version of Pixie have been uploaded to Hero Force!
If you have the older version of Pixie I really recommend getting the new one. Some nice new animations and model just looks better overall.

Secondly, I give you GENESIS:

For those of you not in the know Evan's story begins in Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force. Clan Akkaba, the followers of big bad Apocalypse, resurrected their leader in the form of a young boy. Wolverine mobilized his black ops X-Force team to stop them by any means necessary, but when they reached this young Apocalypse they found they couldn't finish him, all except Fantomex who shot the boy in the head. However, Fantomex created a replacement clone Evan Sabahnur, and raised him in a virtual reality program with Clark Kent-esque parents. Fantomex belief was that the first kid Apocalypse had already been indoctrinated by Clan Akkaba, but Fantomex would make up for killing him by raising a good kid Apocalypse as a replacement.
Eventually Evan, code named Genesis, was released from his virtual life and sent to the Jean Grey School.

Evan story is that of nurture vs nature. Can a positive upbringing override the evil genes he was created from? Or is he destined to follow in Apocalypse's evil footsteps.

This is skin is the result of my continued partnership with Windblown as we strive to bring the teen X-Men to life in Freedom Force. This skope was actually made for my birthday back in January, so thanks very much WB, it was a very pleasant surprise.
Evan is probably my favorite of the Wolverine and the X-Men cast. He's a cool character and I can't wait to see how his story plays out.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

First off, happy belated birthday Pod.

Secondly, Kid Apocalypse looks fantastic, from the texture of the shorts to the expression on his face, extremely nice skin Pod.

Bloodshadow

Very nice Kid "pocket lips",lol,Thats what my stepson Jason calls him and has always given me a little laugh doing so.Seriously though you and Windblown are creating some very cool stuff,I'm loving this collaboration/partnership,Sweet job by both of you :cool:

AfghanAnt

I'm super jealous Poddy. You get all of the cool skopes first. :)

Really good job on these. Any interest in doing Quention and Broo? I feel like they are the core four of the new mutant generation.

ghazkul

Podmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 10, 2014, 09:46:53 PM
Any interest in doing Quention and Broo?

Just try and stop me! :thumbup:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

Or Shark-Girl? I have been trying for ages to skope her but it hasn't worked (using the king shark mesh and failing).

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 10, 2014, 09:46:53 PM
I'm super jealous Poddy. You get all of the cool skopes first. :)

Yeah I'm pretty lucky that Windblown and I have similar interests.

Quote from: ghazkul on February 11, 2014, 01:11:52 AM
Or Shark-Girl? I have been trying for ages to skope her but it hasn't worked (using the king shark mesh and failing).

Yeah I'd like to skin Shark-Girl too. I'm actually quite the fan. Still she'll need a mesh/skope and that's beyond me.
I hope to skin all of the modern X-Men students eventually.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page