Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on June 25, 2014, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 25, 2014, 04:17:16 AM
Is this another collaboration with Windblown? He always has a way of picking the perfect pieces for his Skope, and your Skins bring such vibrant life to them.

It certainly is! Yeah WB has a great eye for finding the right piece. The hair is new, I believe he got it from a Walking Dead model. Tavia I'm guessing.

Yeah, I really would love to know how to get mesh objects to properly import into FF. I am really envious of the guys who are able to do this.

windblown

Fantastic skins as always Pod  :thumbup:  I don't get how such a simple costume can be so inconsistently drawn in the books.

And I agree completely with you about Elixir. He is a great character and he has been in limbo since X-force.

murs47

Been awhile since I checked this thread...just awesome surprises! Glad to see Yost & Kyle's New X-Men kids crew finally done. You did an amazing job recreating them. :)

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on June 28, 2014, 12:19:47 AM
Been awhile since I checked this thread...just awesome surprises! Glad to see Yost & Kyle's New X-Men kids crew finally done. You did an amazing job recreating them. :)

Thanks mate. Good to see you again.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Today I bring you new skins that have been sitting on my hard drive for a looong time. I think it was two years ago that I started this set, it was back when Johnathan Hickman's Avengers run was just starting. I was pretty excited, a big team with interesting new members, and it was twice a month. I was toying with skinning the whole team but instead concentrated on the new characters. My Captain Universe has already been released but today I finally reveal my Smasher:

Isabel Kane (originally written as Dare) the first human member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. I really like this character. The costume is nice and I love the idea of linking the Avengers and Shi'ar. Plus continuing the gag of dying Smasher's is priceless.
I've also including a second gold skin representing a recent storyline where she has become the Messenger of AIM, but I haven't read that story yet so I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Neat look though.

The big delay had to do with the skope. Originally I hoped to skope on all the little parts. She was sometimes drawn with intricate tech armor. But I burned out on skoping around that time and never finished the skin.
But that's not all!

I decided to skin the other 5 Smashers! These aren't different costumes, each skin represents a different individual who served as Smasher. Isabel is Smasher 5 but there's a sixth Smasher now who appeared in a recent All New X-Men arc.

It's neat seeing the different looks this character has worn. I always find legacy characters interesting.
Up next should be Goldballs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I had no clue that there were so many Smasher's. Great Skins Pod.

windblown

The Smashers came out great! I didn't know all of them.

spydermann93

Pod, I absolutely LOVE all of these collections that you're skinning.

Most of the time, it's a visual learning experience because most of the time, I didn't know that each of these characters wore even half the number of costumes that you skin (or in this case, that there were so many characters taking the mantle of the same character :P)

deanjo2000

Beautiful work, i love the variants of all the characters that you skin :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

BentonGrey

Hey, Smasher...s!  Awesome!  I think I can put that lovely original Smasher skin to use, Pod. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

Triage looks pretty awesome. Looks like a beautiful skope, too.

Smasher looks awesome, both versions. I realized I stopped reading Avengers for now (I'll just read some trades, it gets a little confusing) but I am a fan of the female Smasher. Her original story was great. The golden costume, design-wise, reminds me too much of Yellowjacket, tho.

Podmark

Thanks everyone.

Some bad news my power supply died on my desktop (WB it wasn't as fixed as I thought it was). Still under warranty so that good, but it's going to be a couple weeks. In the mean time I'm back on my old laptop. New skins are locked in the other hard drive so no release for a while. Still might do some skinning though.

Benton if you want that Smasher for your mod just let me know. I have that skin on this computer (I did say most of the Smasher skins were over a year old right?), so I can send if now if you want it before the proper release.

I really do love seeing collections of costumes and characters. I find it fascinating how creators have changed the designs and concepts over the years. Probably why I've been running the Costume Rating polls over in the polls section. Which you should all check out.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

I definitely want him!  Did you know the Imperial Guard is making an appearance in the X-Men story arc from my Marvel mod?  A year old or not, he looks great!  You can email him to username@yahoo.com.

Yeah, I enjoy this too, and I'm loving the costume poles you're posting!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 04, 2014, 03:46:03 AM
Did you know the Imperial Guard is making an appearance in the X-Men story arc from my Marvel mod?

Yeah I saw your post, thought about mentioning these skins then but held off. I'll package him up and get him to you tomorrow or Saturday.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

So with my regular computer down I've decided to take a break from the younger X set (some useful psds are stuck on the hd). So of course instead of the young and reckless, I have moved on to the old and uh...old.

Just a WIP of a head. More soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

That's a radical change  :P

Great job in the face, I'm intrigued to know who you are skinning. Good luck with the desktop repairs!

Podmark

The old man looked cold so I knitted him some pajamas and a nice little mane of fur to keep him warm.

He might need some transportation though. I'll have to get on that...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless

daglob

Podmark

I'd like to introduce you all to my new friend Mr. Toomes. Say hi to Mr. Toomes.

Now Mr. Toomes is too old to drive, but I've hooked him up with a flight plan to get him where he needs to go.
Mr. Toomes has also asked me to help with his wardrobe, and I've agreed. Probably get him some formal wear first.

--

Regular computer is still down but my part should be in soon. Not quite sure why but the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of trouble getting things done. My time seemed reduced and everything seemed to take longer than usual, but I seem to be getting back into the swing of things. So hopefully more skinning this week.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ahh, excellent work Pod!  His face is perfect for that bitter and warped character.  You can just see the anger in his face. :D
God Bless

Figure Fan

Nice job with the texture on his suit. Also, I like the way you made the nose curve downward. I'm thinking that you could add some shadowing on his chest just below the collar to give it a little more depth.

Podmark

Quote from: Figure Fan on July 30, 2014, 07:11:56 AM
I'm thinking that you could add some shadowing on his chest just below the collar to give it a little more depth.

Good idea!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Vulture looks pretty darn good, Pod!

I like the work you did on his face and the way his costume came out. What made you decide to skin up Vulture?

John Jr.

Impressive work with the face, Pod. Very expressive and he really looks old and menacing.

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 01, 2014, 05:33:36 PM
What made you decide to skin up Vulture?

Good question! I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, he's hands down my favorite comic character, and I've had pretty much every Spidey villain and ally on my to do list for forever. But I'm usually working on X-Men stuff so I don't do as much Spidey stuff as I'd like. When my computer went down it was a good opportunity to shift gears and do something different, and I was gathering reference pics for Spider-Man villains at the time including Vulture. So I was already thinking about how I'd do him and thought it would be a lot of fun to create that mean old face. Bonus most of his costumes are simple.

That's pretty much it. I'm not a big Vulture fan for what it's worth.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Mr. Toomes wanted something he could wear to gala openings where the wealthy would gather. Seemed really excited about it too and I was happy to deliver.

This is a costume created by John Bryne for his First Chapter Spider-Man series that retold his origin (which I think is out of continuity), but he also used it in the regular Spider-Man issues he did with Howard Mackie. It's Vulture in an evening jacket...and I kinda like it. It's cheesy and not even close to a good costume, but I find it fitting for a old theif like Toomes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Haha, that is a ridiculous concept well-realized, Pod.  He looks good, in a strange way. :D
God Bless

Cyber Burn

I absolutely love the fact that you are such a completest Pod, while this particular design doesn't really do it for me, your execution of it is great.

windblown

Haha, I didn't know that costume. I hope your friend Mr. Toomes had fun at those gala openings  :P  Great work at the face.