News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

I really love the things you've been showing in this thread. Great job on them, Pod!

miguelyanke

AfghanAnt

BentonGrey

Nice work Pod!  I like those glowing features.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Silver Shocker

I don't usually pop into these threads but I wanted to say I'm pleased to see Pod's Nature Girl skin. i wasn't a fan of Jason Latour's Wolverine and the X-Men run but Nature Girl was an instant favorite of mine.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

C4

Really good skins. I am surprised to see this forums still going after all these years :thumbup:

Podmark

Thanks everyone. Time for some more previews:

Wolf Cub was a minor mutant student who first appeared in a Chamber mini. He finally got a staring role in Young X-Men, but he died during the first arc.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Today I have a pile of Rockslide skins to show you:

I think that's every main universe outfit he's worn. The first 3 are reskins, but the rest are new. Skopes by Windblown, of course and great job by him as always.
Really happy to do this set. Rockslide is one of my favourites of the X-Men students. He's the big dumb muscle but he was developed into the heart of the group. He went from a throw away gray Thing, to a fun character with a neat design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Wow! Excellent work, you guys!

Pod, you and Windblown make a great team :thumbup:

deanjo2000

Now that's how it's done :thumbup:
I love how when you tackle a character you go all out.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

BentonGrey

Great skins Pod!  I especially like the facework on the wolf guy, and I really like the 'lava-ish' version of Rockslide.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

windblown

The skins are absolutely perfect :)

Quote from: Podmark on September 17, 2016, 05:33:18 AM
Really happy to do this set. Rockslide is one of my favourites of the X-Men students. He's the big dumb muscle but he was developed into the heart of the group. He went from a throw away gray Thing, to a fun character with a neat design.

That's completely true. I didn't like Rockslide during the Academy X days (and I was kinda angry when he was promoted to the main team while other characters were depowered at M-day) but he became one of my favorite characters during Kyle & Yost run. I still miss that book  :(

Podmark

This week another rocky mutant:

Notably this is one of the earliest skopes Windblown sent me, but as WB is crazy fast and flooded me with skopes so it's taken me this long to skin him. After finishing Rockslide now seemed like the perfect time.

An interesting behind the scenes story: Onyxx was created by Peter Milligan, just prior to the depowering of most of the Marvel Universes universe. The New X-Men writers actually tried to kill the character during the first year on the book but were vetoed by Milligan. They did end up killing the character during the Necrosha event years later, after Milligan had left the X-Books.

I'll never had much interest in Onyxx as a character, but I do think he has a neat design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Yeah, it's a fairly unique design, and I like it! So many X-Men characters that I know nothing about :wacko:

Great work on the skin, Pod. Makes me excited for more releases ^_^

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 24, 2016, 03:22:12 AM
So many X-Men characters that I know nothing about :wacko:

Agreed, I'd be afraid to pick up an X-Book right now, I don't think I would know any of the Characters.

Definitely a unique design, and both Skin and Skope look great.

Another excellent Team Up guys!

Podmark

For the last skin of this month's set I have a preview of Preview:

Skope by Windblown. Thanks Windblown!

Preview was a mutant student with precognitive powers. She was depowered during the Decimation storyline. She had a sister, Network, whom Windblown has also skoped and I'll be skinning that soon enough.

I hope to have Wolf Cub, Rockslide, Onyxx, and Preview zipped up and released by the end next weekend.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

laughing paradox

I love the face work on Wolf Cub in particular, but all of your skins are on it. Great work on these, Pod!

Podmark

It's a new year, so time for some new skins:

First the mutant student DJ, who changes sound into energy. This was another of the short lived minor characters that appeared in New X-Men. Brought to life excellently by Windblown's skope. With DJ finished each of the Paragons squad is complete (Pixie, Trance, Wolf Cub, Match, and Preview are the others).
Also those head phones took forever to skin!

And now a major character that I've never skinned before - Superman!
I was pretty inspired by the Rebirth Superman line - I haven't had a chance to read much, but the books and especially designs were very interesting to me. Thus I decided to skin Superman. This is the Post Crisis Superman, who ended up living a separate life in the New 52 universe with his Lois and raising a son. He's a decade older, and was secretly acting as a hero in the black suit, but when the New 52 Superman died he took on the blue mantle himself. At least that's what seemed to happen - the logistics of DC's universe are a bit of a mess right now.

I skinned both of these a while back. I've gotten into a habit doing a monthly preview with 4 characters, but I just haven't found much time to skin lately and I felt it was a good time to show off my last few skins. Originally I was planning to do a whole Superman line series, but I'm not sure now. I'll definitely be skinning some more skopes from Windblown, so look forward to those this year.

Have a great year everyone!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

deanjo2000

I've not read any rebirth stuff yet, I'm going to have too now. Great skins as usual.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

windblown

Those are some fantastic skins for the beginning of the year! Can't wait to see what you skin during the rest of the year  :)

Cyber Burn

Always a fan of your and Windblown's team ups, but I really like the Superman Skins, and hope to see a few more.  :D

Podmark

I should mention that the Superman skope was based off Afghan Ant's work.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Doom2099

I love the Superman skin! Please don't give up ^^. I've been hoping for someone talented to tackle him, Superboy, Damian Wayne's new suit and some others!

(Siiiimon Baaaaaaz......... Jesssssssica Cruuuuuzzzz).

BentonGrey

It's hilarious how quickly they screwed up their shiny new 'simplified' continuity....

But more importantly, I love your Superman, Pod!  You've got some really fine face work there.  It looks just like Superman should, methinks.
God Bless

Podmark

Quote from: Doom2099 on January 07, 2017, 10:14:13 PM
I love the Superman skin! Please don't give up ^^. I've been hoping for someone talented to tackle him, Superboy, Damian Wayne's new suit and some others!

(Siiiimon Baaaaaaz......... Jesssssssica Cruuuuuzzzz).

Well the good news is I've been doing some skinning this week. Superboy and Damian are on my list, but I don't know when I'll get to them.
I didn't have any plans for Baz or Jessica, but I'll keep them in mind.

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 07, 2017, 11:35:30 PM
It's hilarious how quickly they screwed up their shiny new 'simplified' continuity....

But more importantly, I love your Superman, Pod!  You've got some really fine face work there.  It looks just like Superman should, methinks.

It's really been a mess since the beginning. When the New 52 launched 5 or 6 years ago the past was very poorly defined. Certain books like Batman and Green Lantern were essentially carrying on like normal while other books were being started over from scratch. It was a very poor way to do a reboot in my mind. Still some great stuff was published regardless. This Rebirth stuff just makes it even more messy.

I used a few sources for my Superman face, including TAS. I always want to capture the right face for any characters I skin, though the meshes fight against me most of the time.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Hey, Pod!
Excellent work with the X-People (I don't know the characters, but I can appreciate your art, as always). And I loved the Superman, it's great to see your take on new/old "Big Blue".

spydermann93