Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'20: Goldballs (March 22)

Started by Podmark, August 22, 2011, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Haha, you beat me to it, CB!  :lol:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Just when you think I was out, Benton pulls me back in...

Today I present skins of the Legion of Super-Heroes' Star Boy (Pre-Crisis):

I'm by no means a Legion expert but over the last year or so I've become very interested in the team. Probably a result of the Supergirl TV show and various teasing and speculation that the Legion would be returning to DC comics - which was just announced recently. When Benton asked me to skin the star field Star Boy costume I agreed largely because it was pretty easy but also because he hit a sweet spot right now in the form of the Legion. I then went into research mode scouring the DC wiki and some other sources trying to nail down what costumes Thom Kallor had worn over the year. And I found seven different variants of his star field costume and decided to do all of them, and the original caped one as well.

So there's my skin for the year. Maybe it's time to go back into hibernation until 2020...?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

These are so fantastic, Pod, and I am blown away by the fact that you did all the different versions!  Each one is just plain perfect, and I am really impressed by how you captured the age we talked about just right.  I didn't much care for his Silver Age look, but I'll be darned if you didn't do such a lovely job that I really love it!  They're all great, man!  :thumbup:

I'm really glad I happened to luck out and hit on a character and a team that could motivate you into giving us such beautiful skins, Pod!  I hope we can convince you not to fade back into the woodwork just yet.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

deanjo2000

Always impressed with your skins and you havnt lost a step :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

murs47

These are great Pod! I've tried a couple times to get into Legion but I just couldn't. But, some of the members are quite familiar to me simply because of cross-over appearances.

Quote from: Podmark on June 22, 2019, 03:40:12 PM
So there's my skin for the year. Maybe it's time to go back into hibernation until 2020...?

Cave's still warm. :D

BentonGrey

Haha, don't you start tempting him to go back into hibernation, Murs!  Next we've got to get you in on the fun!  :lol:

I had only read a few Legion stories before I started this DCUG chapter, but I've been reading a lot of the original run, the Jim Shooter ones, and I'll be darned if they aren't some of the best Silver Age DC books I've ever read.  They're still a product of their time, but they actually have some characterization, some stakes, and some dramatic sense.  And that's all the more astonishing because he started writing them when he was like 14!  Anyway, I wasn't much of Legion fan before, but I am now!
God Bless

Podmark

So sleepy...mmm nice warm cave...

My actual Legion reading experience is pretty limited. Mostly just Legion of Three Worlds from Final Crisis (which is awesome) and the backups in Adventure Comics when it starred Connor Kent. Maybe a few occasional issues here or there featuring some members. But I've seen their appearances in cartoons and TV shows, and read some about them. I understand in the 70s or 80s theirs was one of the most popular comics. I'd certainly like to read more.

From a visual stand point they're really fascinating as there's so many of them, so many versions of them, and thus so many costumes and designs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on June 22, 2019, 06:58:14 PM
...and thus so many costumes and designs.

And thus, so many skins to make.

Legion of Three Worlds was actually the one I really tried to get into...just couldn't. I did try though. I think there just needs to be a complete redux like Ultimates was to Avengers for me to get into it.

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 22, 2019, 06:16:01 PM
Haha, don't you start tempting him to go back into hibernation, Murs!  Next we've got to get you in on the fun!  :lol:

Tee-hee!

Cyber Burn

Fantastic Skins Pod! Is this an all-in-one Skope?

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Come out of the cave, DJ, we have more booze AND obscure characters!
God Bless

John Jr.

Great work with Star Boy, Pod. All skins are great, but the bearded 80's version is just perfect!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

I skinned Brainiac 5:

Hoping to do some more skins soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deanjo2000

Wow I love it :D I was thinking about doing him but that is perfect.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Tomato

That's really good! Out of curiosity, I should know already but what vx base mesh is that? I'm gonna be looking for something with poofy sleeves soon and that might work for it.

Podmark

It's a vx Brainiac 5 that Benton sent me. It seems to be full mesh that Vertex made but I never came across it back in the day.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Very nice linework, as always, Pod. Glad to see you skinning again.

BentonGrey

Ah!  I missed this!  How fantastic, Pod!  That's a great skin, clean and precise and detailed.  Wonderful work, man!
God Bless

Jimaras8

Pod, i know you are not as active anymore but is there any chance you will upload your cannonball skope that you and Windblown were working on? I'm thinking of making a hero file for him and i remember you were close to finishing it.

Oh, and Benton you got mails  :thumbup:

Podmark

Sorry Jimaras, I wasn't working on Cannonball with Windblown, I checked my folder and don't see a Cannonball. I recall he was working on a New Mutants set but I never got them. Maybe AA was the skinner on them?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Hey Pod,
It's been a while! It's great to see that you're still skinning and that you still have the touch, Brainiac and Star Boy look great. And I'm in love with your Gentle skin :) I've missed our collaborations!

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 22, 2019, 09:31:29 AM
Pod, i know you are not as active anymore but is there any chance you will upload your cannonball skope that you and Windblown were working on? I'm thinking of making a hero file for him and i remember you were close to finishing it.

I need to see my files, I was working with Afghan Ant on the New Mutants set back then. If I recall correctly, Pod skinned Sunspot and Cypher.

Podmark

Quote from: windblown on October 30, 2019, 10:39:05 PM
I've missed our collaborations!

Me too! :wub:
Anytime you want to get back into it let me know.

Fun fact before Windblown first showed up I was close to retirement. Your work always inspired me.
I need to find more free time. So many things I want to skin still.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Roseweave

Hey there, I've been checking out your releases and really happy with the range of obscure characters you've covered, it just makes me happy knowing people are giving Bling and Nature Girl some love.

A couple of Qs -

1) Do you still have the Siryn? As an Irish lass I'm upset at the inability to play as one in any superhero games.

2) Do you mind me using these for 3D Prints? Hasbro are dicks so canned the scale I collect and don't tend to like making X-mans anyway. I'm happy to share the tricks I use I to make lower poly game models into useful 3D prints, here's a Magik I'm working on(mix of Marvel Future Fight, CoC and custom) - https://imgur.com/a/DSwJorQ

Podmark

Hi Roseweave, thanks, I like giving obscure characters some love.

1)  Here you go:
http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/Podmark/marvel/Siryn_X-ForceV2.zip

2) Neat! Please go ahead.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Roseweave

Also how can I open these up as whole figures? I can't get Nifskope to open them so I only really have Ninjaripper.

Podmark

Hmm, maybe ask in the Hex Editing forum?
Freedom Force has a character tool for viewing characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jimaras8

Sorry to hijack the thread Pod, i just wanted to ask benton if he got my e-mails and dms from last month.

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on October 31, 2019, 12:18:57 AM
Quote from: windblown on October 30, 2019, 10:39:05 PM
I've missed our collaborations!

Me too! :wub:
Anytime you want to get back into it let me know.

Fun fact before Windblown first showed up I was close to retirement. Your work always inspired me.

Oh! I had no idea about this, but I'm glad that I decided to post that first skope back then. We did some great collaborations and I really enjoyed them :)

My fun fact would be that when you first contacted me to skin Pixie I was really excited because I'd been a big fan of your skins for years. Knowing that there was a talented skinner who wanted to skin my skopes of characters so obscure like Network, DJ or Rubbermaid was the main reason for me to try to improve my skoping.

Quote from: Podmark on October 31, 2019, 12:18:57 AM
I need to find more free time. So many things I want to skin still.

Just tell me which mutant would make you to come back ;)