New Superman Movie

Started by BentonGrey, August 24, 2011, 08:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

If anyone is complaining about the lack of trunks in the movie, but they're okay with the lack of trunks in the comics reboot...Just stop.  One can disagree all they want, but truthfully the trunks are horribly dated.

IMHO...Both the movie costume and the comic reboot costume are ugly.  The movie costume is suffering from Spider-Man Movie-itis...It is far too busy, where simpler and cleaner would look much better (IMHO).  I also don't like the muddy blue and dirty-looking S shield.  I do think the cape is amazing, though.

As for the actor...I think he looks fantastic, his face, hair and build evoke Superman to me (even without the spitcurl).  He reminds me a lot of of Chris Reeve.

Dana

captmorgan72

I can see what they are trying to do. kal-el is an alien so lets make his costume reflect that. I do like the cape, the veins and muscles built into the costume and even the blue texture but thats where I stop liking it.

Get rid of the strange elven design thingies, give that man some trunks, keep everything else the same and you have a winner.

Some interesting comments from people at DragonCon. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=96786

BentonGrey

See, that link there is exactly why the man needs some freaking trunks.  I wasn't going to say anything about this, but we are sorta' overlooking the practical purpose that trunks always have served, and still do, in live action superheroics.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

I also have to agree with some of the folks' comments...The costume is too sexualized, too racy...It's not really something that Clark Kent/Superman would wear.

"Batgirl's" comment that the costume needs the trunks to show it got its inspiration from the muscle men of the time, just proves to me that the trunks are woefully dated.  I agree with many of you that the field of blue needs to be broken by a belt or something.

Dana

JeyNyce

Batgirl & Harley reactions were too funny.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

deano_ue

meh really not liking it, bats i can understand looking big and bulky he's a normal guy so the kevlar look works this just seems over complex and poorly designed.