News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Reborn Custom Figures (Redux!)

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Then perhaps his decapitated head should be 3 times the size?...LOL!

The figure looks pretty good, so far.

Dana

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on September 16, 2011, 01:41:32 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 16, 2011, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: Tomato on September 15, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
Prev's decapitated head

As it should be...You also forgot his beer belly, Tomato.

:P

That'd be DJ, not prev. Prev doesn't have an inflated stomach, just an inflated ego.

I do not have a beer belly!!!  I strikingly avoid anything that has the word beer near it!!  Now a vodka belly..that might be more apt!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on September 16, 2011, 01:41:32 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 16, 2011, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: Tomato on September 15, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
Prev's decapitated head

As it should be...You also forgot his beer belly, Tomato.

:P

That'd be DJ, not prev. Prev doesn't have an inflated stomach, just an inflated ego.

Excuse you? My ego is fine. I'm sorry I can't be as unconfident in myself as your are in yourself. Sounds like a problem on your end. Fix it.

Also, Dana, so disappointed in you. You've known me for years and still think I drink beer? Drown yourself. *disappears with a heightened sense of dramatic flare*
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Tomato

Last set. Gonna have a group photo with one last surprise addition later on.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Figure Fan

Wow..those are incredible. I love the variety of paint styles.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

MJB

Tomato

Someone needs to comment on Prev's cape. Do you see that beach? So Purdy.

Really happy with how they both came out. I'm a tad disappointed in Unko's build (a bit slimmer than I'd have liked, but wevs.) but even so, you'd never believe the base is a riddler figure.

Oh, and the last little surprise? think machines, malls, and quarters.

UnkoMan

Okay, Tomato. I'm here! OKAY?!

Wowie! You're right about the body on Unko, especially in the legs, but lookit those paint aps. So sparkly. And Prev's cape, too. Prev's looking very sweet all around, actually.

I am really diggin' the Madman's gun accessory too, by the by. Coincidentally, I have been picturing Unko with some sort of scifi gun more and more as of late.

Tomato

It's not done yet though. Still waiting on LC to send me the final group pic (which will include one last addition... sort of an accessory for Unko-man)

UnkoMan

If it's a gumball I am going to loose my poops.

Uhh... in a good way. In a way that people use that phrase to mean a good thing.

Tomato

*gives unko a diaper*

You might need this.

Tomato

Wave 2 is now complete. Ra's has been put on hold-ish (We suspect they'll make a ninja ra's, so I'm just going to head swap that with one of the suited chars) so only 5 figs this wave. Wave 3 will be even smaller, as I'm kinda restricting my budget by a lot (long story) but expect ~4 figures.

And, as a reminder, the contest from the front page is still open until I receive these figures. In other words, you jerkfaces have that long to solve my riddles and beat out Hitman's 3/5 correct guesses.

Podmark

Wow, those are just great. Everyone just looks so expressive.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnkoMan

Aw, lookit the cute little guy. Ha ha. Can I ask, what was he made of and does me move?

Anyhow, yeah, these are very cool. Great stuff all around.

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on November 23, 2011, 01:28:01 AM
Aw, lookit the cute little guy. Ha ha. Can I ask, what was he made of and does me move?

Anyhow, yeah, these are very cool. Great stuff all around.

I don't know for certain, but looking at the unpainted pics he appears to be mostly made from stuff you'd find at a Chuck E Cheese or a dollar store... the base looks like one of those bouncy jimmies, and the hands/feet remind me of those cheap prizes you trade tickets in for. The legs are little sticks of pastic, and the arms are sculpted.

as for movement... if there is any movement, it's real simple. I didn't really specify either way (it's an accessory to Unko, not really a figure in it's own right) but I'd surmise that if it does move, it'll be up and down arms and rotating feet.

Lord Elcorion

wow. I've seen some awsome stuff before, but this is over the top coolness!
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]
thanks to everyone who've made me stuff, or included my avatar in something.

Tomato

Quote from: Lord Elcorion on December 14, 2011, 12:30:52 PM
wow. I've seen some awsome stuff before, but this is over the top coolness!

You might also say it's... 20% cooler  :cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tomato

OK, just wanted to put the final touches on this thread (pictures of the current figure crop will come eventually, I'm currently holding off because the c6 figure has had an accident and I need to some mad science before he's ready to be photographed again) since, as I stated in the Ode to Benton thread, I'm just about to order the next, much smaller batch.

For those who were holding their breaths for this, here are the answers to my five questions:

#1- In Kent's origin, he is originally referred to plastic surgeon "A. Eckhart", who ironically shares his first initial (in a later story he's given the name Albert or sommat) and last name with Aaron Eckhart, who of course  portrayed Harvey in The Dark Knight
#2- Jewel Staite and Sean Maher, who portrayed Kaylee and Simon respectfully
#3- Previsionary
#4- Jonathan Hansburg, Darek Barrie, Peter ((Censored)), Mahty Saki, and Yami Herotoshi. Yes, you would have had to know Peter's real last name to get credit  :P
#5- The design of the X-blade is somewhat based on the Catholic symbol for the "Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven," which has two keys, crossed in the shape of an X. In this design however, there are two different keys... one silver and one gold. This would mean that, in order to create a more perfect X-blade, you would need to combine the Keyblade of Kight (aka Sora's Kingdom Key) and the Keyblade of Darkness (King Mickey's Kingdom-D blade)

Tomato

LC is about to send me Wave 3 (which is only 3 figures this time, sorry to say) so I thought I'd show off the remaining two figures from the wave.

naitvalis

wooow you have a great collection 'mato!

The Hitman

HO-LEE CRAP IN A HAT! Mato, that is AMAZING! I especially like how the face/head turned out! FANTASTIC!

Tomato

Spoiler

Just got these links in my email, as well as a note letting me know the figures were in the mail. Sounds like someone liked making your figure.

Edit: This has nothing to do with anything, but while skimming through the custom figure site I also found that someone had independently made a Murs figure.

Tomato

So I just got Wave 3 in the mail today, so I went a bit nuts with my camera. This post is pretty much a photo dump, so I apologize in advance.

Spoiler

Champions of Freedom
Spoiler

Heroforce
Spoiler

Influx
Spoiler

Villains Reborn
Spoiler

For the record, I don't really think Hitman is a "villain," (he's more of a merc) but I needed to group him somewhere and the villains are kinda sparse.

Wave 3
Spoiler

Podmark

Those are incredibly awesome. Those guys do great work.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Green with envy. Very nice collection 'Mato.

Deaths Jester

Gah... more inaction figures!  Gah...so much money spent....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 03, 2012, 06:23:07 PM
Gah... more inaction figures!  Gah...so much money spent....

It's what happens when you don't throw away half your paychecks on booze dj, you have money for useless crap.