News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Reborn Custom Figures (Redux!)

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

It'd be pretty surreal to see a figure of my avatar self. I imagine it's much like many of you have felt.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on December 06, 2013, 04:49:41 AM
It'd be pretty surreal to see a figure of my avatar self. I imagine it's much like many of you have felt.

It is a really awesome feeling knowing that someone has spent the amount of money that 'Mato did to have a custom figure of my Avatar made. Seeing the finished product, I am just blown away. It's also a major, major, ego boost.  :D

I think it would be an unbelievable feeling to actually own a figure like that, and I am truly honored to know that there has been a figure of my Avatar made.

Figure Fan

That's one awesome looking custom figure.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on December 06, 2013, 04:39:31 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I still don't have Podmark either, and I am terribly disappointed in the community over that fact.

No...doesn't make me feel any better....:(
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

laughing paradox

Cyber Burn

When I get access to a computer, I am so making this pic my new Avatar pic.

Tomato

For those wondering what was going on with this latest batch, they're in the mail now. Final preview pics from LC:

bat1987

Very sharp looking. I mean the way how well assembled they are is impressive, but the paint job is out of this world.

Outcast

Cyber Burn never looked better.  :thumbup:

And i recognize that Aquaman redesign of yours too. :cool:

spydermann93

Hahaha! If you add a few explosions behind Cyber, he'll look like an 80's action/sci-fi movie hero! :lol:

These are absolutely fantastic, Tomato! +5 Bunnies with a Pancake on Each of Their Heads for you

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

Figure Fan

Podmark

Those figures look excellent. Those guys do a great job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Outcast on July 29, 2014, 06:52:54 PM
Cyber Burn never looked better.

I.
    Look.
                    Freaking.
                                                       AWESOME!!!

Tomato

Technically this probably goes in my actual art thread, but it's relevant here too and I'd rather not go looking for that thread right now.

So as anyone who got nominated for the figure thing is already aware, I pre-emptively sent out PMs to every single person nominated in the last contest asking them which version of their avatars I should use. And while most got back to me pretty quick with a "definitive" avatar, Benton really didn't have an answer for me. So I figured I'd try my hand at one.

Obviously my rendition of Benton takes HEAVY influence from Unko's original avatar design, but I also took cues from SCD, Billdamn, and Juancho's redesigns as well.

BentonGrey

Ohh, I like it!  I really like the mixture of all the awesome designs that people have made for me over the years.  I've always loved the color scheme that Unko chose, so this fits right in with that.  I'd say it could perhaps use a bit more silver to spice up the black, but other than that, I think it's great!

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you on this, 'Mato.  I've had company this week, and I've had only a few minutes to use the computer at a time.  Plus, I was fairly stumped myself on which version I wanted to see, but I like the direction you're going!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Tomato

I'm not gonna lie man, if I was in your shoes, I would be too. Benton's had some very good designs over the years, and each has some really good elements to it.

Some minor tweaks. Nothing earth shaking, but I feel like they add up a bit.

murs47

I'm almost turned on by how hot Cyberburn turned out...almost.

Tomato

So I've been talking to loose collector (the guy who does these amazing customs) and we've been discussing doing things a bit differently... instead of ordering figures in batches of 3-5, we're just going to cycle through figures one at a time. I'm ordering 2 to start with, and when he gets the first done we start hashing out a third while he's working on the second, etc. Less time between figures, fewer projects in case one (or both) of us need to step back or take a break, everyone wins.

I've sent him the first two I want (Haven't ordered Benton yet, since we're still hashing out the design) so we'll see how this goes.

Tomato

BentonGrey

Awesome!  I'm being immortalized in plastic!  :D
God Bless

SickAlice

Just lovely. I love the craft of custom action figure making. Keep up the good work. Also props to your Amiibo custom you shared in the showing off section. I'm working on Wario and Waluigi swaps for FFVTTR BTW, should be done before Sept.

Podmark

Can't wait to see the finished figure. These are always great!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Loosecollector just sent me this photo the other day, and it looks like it's almost done.

Tomato

spydermann93

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless

Tortuga