Young Justice

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

DC NATION Pulled to January 2013, Cartoon Network Comments

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/dc-nation-block-pulled-january-13-why.html

In a nutshell, still no reason why and a lot of angry fans
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

This little thing they're doing is not making me happy. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Yeah, add me to the list of angry fans.  :angry:

Talavar

Bad news for Young Justice fans: the tie-in comic has been cancelled.  Even if you don't read it, it has bad connotations - for DC in the past the end of a tv show tie-in comic has also meant the end of the show.  With all of the re-scheduling & pre-empting, and now this, I wouldn't put money on Young Justice getting a third season.  Which sucks.

BentonGrey

While I've never loved Young Justice as much as JLU, always feeling that there was much less range and subtlety to it, there was still little doubt in my mind that it was quite a quality offering.  It's a show made by people who obviously love the character and universe they're playing in, and it is consistently excellently animated and well written...in short, the type of thing that never lasts as long as it should.  I just can't understand what is wrong with the entertainment powers that be.  It seems impossible that Young Justice wouldn't have been popular enough to justify its existence.  Perhaps it will continue to endure, but because of its quality, and because of the relative intelligence of the decision makers, I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see it get cancelled.  I suppose the revelation that the networks and entertainment giants are run by lobotomized monkeys is not exactly breaking news...
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Funny thing is, I believe that McDonald's is having Young Justice as it's Happy Meal toy right now.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 14, 2012, 11:36:58 PM
Funny thing is, I believe that McDonald's is having Young Justice as it's Happy Meal toy right now.

Yep, just saw the in-store display on Sunday!

Talavar

I wanted to remind folks - Young Justice is back!  2 episodes have aired over the past 2 weekends, and they haven't even pre-empted it for months for no reason, or anything!

BentonGrey

Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised to find this showing up again on my DVR.  The last couple of episodes have been really interesting, and I've certainly enjoyed it.  I do miss the heart of JLU though, as this show seems to consistently be rather doom and gloom.  Still, I'm very glad to see it back.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Well, that figures.  It was good quality and I liked it, so it was doomed.
God Bless

Previsionary

WB and CN can both screw off with their Loeb-esque decisions. I don't know what's going on in the hero department, but apparently serious, layered series can't remain on the air, but the lighter, comedy oriented ones can at least secure 52 episodes right out the gate.

See: Thundercats, YJ, GL, WatX, Spectacular vs. Ultimate Spidey
Disappear when you least expe--

catwhowalksbyhimself

While this is sad, the series seemed to wrap up the first season storyline fairly well, even with the strong hook for a second season, so I think the overall series will still be satisfactorily complete.  It's still sad though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

I hope you're right Cat, and yeah Prev, that sounds about right.  I agree, the execs that are making these types of decisions could use a sound thrashing.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 29, 2013, 12:24:41 AM
I hope you're right Cat, and yeah Prev, that sounds about right.  I agree, the execs that are making these types of decisions could use a sound thrashing.

Agreed. Two of the best shows out right now, both getting cancelled, that just stinks. :banghead:

BentonGrey

The fate of Green Lantern doesn't bother me as much as that of YJ, as I felt like it had more potential that was really realized, but it is still a loss.
God Bless

Tomato

Grah. I'm torn now, because I'm already committed to boycotting any marvel shows (outside of Shield, because I'd be a fool not to watch it) due to the fate of Avengers EMH, but killing off YJ is almost worse, because the show was/is far better. But boycotting shows from both is downright silly, so I'm forced to choose between which of the two I hate more.

Who am I kidding? Much as I think YJ and GL are superior shows, their demise doesn't surprise me (YJ suffered because of the constant delays between episodes, and GL's creation was intended to capitalize on the GL movie which completely bombed.) and I can at least give the executives the benefit of the doubt in terms of their respective success/failure.

By all accounts, the only reason EMH was cancelled was because Jeph Loeb is an idiot, and it's being replaced with a show that's supposedly the same as EMH was, but with completely different actors and animation and writers.

oldmanwinters

Cartoon Network's handling of their WB shows has really been bizarre of late.

They have relegated Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc to the 2:30pm weekday slot (where very few people can watch it live) and given almost no promotion, they put Thundercats in limbo, abruptly delayed the DC Nation block for two months, and now they've finally pulled the plug on Young Justice and Green Lantern.  I can't help but think there's some corporate turmoil over at Turner/Time Warner.

Cyber Burn

I just hope that these end up on DVD as a complete season.

TAP43

I got my daughter hooked on YJ and she found this link for a petition to keep YJ from getting canceled
https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice
I already signed it and so did she, maybe it could help.

Previsionary

Allegedly someone who works at CN/TW suggested that fans forgo the petition route and instead do something that'll catch the corporation's attention: buying season passes on itunes (and grabbing DVDs)!

Read: Bottom-To-Top

Disappear when you least expe--

Talavar

But internet petitions always effect change and action!

Seriously though, I'm bummed YJ is getting canned.  Figured it was coming, but still bummed.  It also makes complete season DVD sets ever coming out pretty unlikely.  Boo.

Tomato

Actually, we've reached a point where it's actually far cheaper to get good quality versions via itunes then to buy dvds.

BentonGrey

I always prefer to buy DVDs when I can, that way I own the material and can never lose access to it as long as I take care of the media. 
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 31, 2013, 12:28:16 AM
I always prefer to buy DVDs when I can, that way I own the material and can never lose access to it as long as I take care of the media.

Ditto.

Talavar

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 31, 2013, 12:28:16 AM

Me too.

Silver Shocker

Derrick J. Wyatt is a character designer for GL. He's not a writer or anything like that, so him telling us to buy dvds and itunes carries no more weight than you or me doing the same.

I hada bunch more to say, but the board ate my post, so I might come back later to type it all out again.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Glitch Girl

On Runaways: YJ does Superfriend

C'mon, tell me those weren't Samuarai, El Dorado, Apachie Chief, and Static standing in for Black Vulcan. 

I am SO going to miss this series. 

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

Well, saw that coming a mile away....still, decent episode.
God Bless

oldmanwinters

I didn't watch SuperFriends enough to be too familiar with the cast, but I did start to watch if the Native American boy might be a modern take on Apache Chief.

And regarding the ending, which I didn't follow too closely because I was a little distracted at the time...

Spoiler
Are we supposed to assume that Blue Beetle and the Martain Beetle have been in cahoots with Black Beetle for a long time or did some plot development happen in this episode that I just missed?