News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

something big

Started by bearded, September 27, 2011, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

almost done with another level. I am trying to make a roller coaster cowboy zombie shooter. like in Zombieland.
For the game I am thinking of a modular gameplay, in which you download levels based on what sort of game you like to play. The engine will piece them together to make a cohesive mission story.
Maybe the Silver Streak would go good for a runner type level, but what would make a good course with obstacles and powerups?

hmarrs

Thank you for giving us daily update that really help with he WAIT!!! :lol:

bearded

technical slowdown, but I am pushing for a christmas release.

bearded

pic of the new model and skin. I know, my skin isn't great, but it works for now.

Cyber Burn

I think you need to give yourself more credit here Bearded, that looks pretty good to me.

bearded

It's a decent model and shadows, the shadows make it look good. Other than that it is mostly solid colors.
The animations are set for unity and I can't revert them to ff, but I can probably export the biped and shapes. The head, hands, feet, legs, and upper body are all separate pieces you could skope. Does anyone want me to try?

Epimethee

I, for one, would rather that you concentrate on your Unity project for the moment. ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Cyber Burn

While I want to agree with Epimethee, you've gotten me a bit curious about the Mesh. I would definitely be interested in an FF version.

bearded

I have the Silver Streak Rooftop Runner mini game 99 percent done. I just need to tweak some graphics. By "done" I mean playable. I actually found a scene in the comic in which he is actually rooftop running!
http://brightideagame.com/?page_id=28
Next time I load him up, I will see if I can export a nif, for the shapes if nothing else, or maybe I can easily export to obj.

daglob

bearded

I have a build ready to play. My webhost wants 41 dollars a month for the proper webplay that I will want, so for now it is a download. The download will be html so it is sort of ridiculous, but that's what it is right now.
My goal is an html based city map with grids that are colored based on each player. As you patrol a grid, it changes to your color. You patrol a grid by picking someone on your team. Each team member will have a preferred method of patrol, for example, Silver Streak will do the Rooftop Runner, Black Orchid will do a Stealth patrol, the Flag will have a platformer, and I am going to have a 3rd person shooter. As I come up with new ideas, I will make and upload them. The conceit is that you are the hero team and all the other colors are bad guys. Eventually there might be a pvp 2.5 fighter.
Now that I have a patrol type I am not sure if I should work on the Stealth level or the html city grid and get a competition going. Thoughts?
Also, unity pro has a deal where you can "rent" it for 75 dollars a month, which I think is what I need to make my assets moddable.
I'm going to post a link to it in the "other games forum" so I can keep track of the different mini games.

Red Fantom

If you can make a model as smooth looking as that,that means you can make some faithfully models for characters from the DC Animated Universe!!!(which is something i ve been sorta thinking of  requesting for a while now btw)                                                                                                                                                                                                             

PS:Anxious to see where your project's going.

hmarrs

I dont know what Im doing wrong I have downloaded the rr on top of that I downloaded the Unity Player but Im having issues playing...
The Unity Player downloads and thats the extent of it..

bearded

That's the fourth problem report I have gotten. In about a week I should be able to stream it from the website. That should fix the problem.

hmarrs

bearded

I've been down with the sickness. Something in my abdomen that hurt worse than a kidney stone, I have no idea what.
As of yesterday I am back coding. I have an idea. Picture, if you will, a gateway to another dimension, a dimension ... no wait that is the pain meds. Ok, I am working in a superhero simcity type, that you can go down to the sims level, a sort of Majesty game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim
This will be the superreal estate you are playing for. Imagine a grid of 3 by 3 with your color in the middle. Each supercity block will hold up to 4 buildings of your choice. Each player will get the 3 by 3, each player making the map bigger. You start in the middle grid with your color and all the others are greyed out. You play a minigame of your choice to color in the grey, getting you 4 more buildings. The points you earned playing the minigame are your currency for buying buildings and upgrades.
Ruthless players can try and take your colors by beating your highest score on any particular block. Opposition in minigames will be based on what buildings are in.
You can also spend your supercurrency on "tags" for your territories. Some of the tags will be superficial themes, like western, or mutant. Any combination. Some of the tags will be to make your territories harder to access, like "aquatic", requiring the invader to be a water traveler, or "space" etc. I am going to allow players to submit tags by either creating the art for them, or paying a small fee for me to create it for them.
When someone takes a block, they can simply keep it as is, spend points on adding to it, or demolishing buildings or tags by spending the points that had previously been spent to create them, i.e. recreating in the invaders image.
That is the supersim aspect to the game I am working on now. I am about 10 percent in, I have a block creator coded, with the ability to add unique buildings based on supercurrency.
If that doesn't float your simboat, your focus might be on the particular minigame of your choice. Your "character" is your team of heroes you collect, your rpg level will be the team level, and you will get new heroes based on your territories, to play the minis with. So, if you have a custom speedster, you can play the rooftop runner with the custom. I have several minis ready, I fixed some bugs in rooftop, it runs too fast on some systems. I have a jetpack sim. Started on a stealth sim. There will be a fighting sim. A clue finding puzzle game. Trophies for a trophy room.
All I can think of for now.

Epimethee

First and foremost, I hope you're back in shape. Take good care of your health, Bearded. :)

With that said, the concepts you outlined certainly sound very interesting! I'm looking forward to see more of them.

hmarrs

Bearded hope your feeling well these days...Hey did anything ever come of this?

bearded

Thanks for asking. I had my gall bladder removed. It was throwing stones. Much better now. And, something smaller. I'm working on the sim, but thinking android release. I appreciate your interest.

daglob

:blink:MY GOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL SOMEBODY!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better.

hmarrs

Quote from: bearded on November 15, 2016, 05:19:35 AM
Thanks for asking. I had my gall bladder removed. It was throwing stones. Much better now. And, something smaller. I'm working on the sim, but thinking android release. I appreciate your interest.
Oh Wow glad your ok...
what do you mean by this...
(I'm working on the sim, but thinking android release.)

hmarrs

Quote from: daglob on November 15, 2016, 06:00:23 AM
:blink:MY GOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL SOMEBODY!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better.
Daglob
Didnt I see on here somewhere that you had somthing going on as well?
Are you ok have you been sick?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: bearded on November 15, 2016, 05:19:35 AM
I had my gall bladder removed. It was throwing stones.

I guess it's a good thing you're not made of glass, BiL.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

spydermann93

Well, I for one can say that I'm glad you survived and I'm really happy to see you back in action!

It really sucks about the stone throwing contest your gallbladder decided to throw. Can't get much more painful than that.

Epimethee

Ouch! That must have been quite painful, B. Hoping you're back to full health.

hmarrs

Hey have there been any Updates on This??!!
Has anyone Heard anything???
Breaded Buddy Hope all is Well. :)

bearded

Thanks for checking in. I'm better. Still working on making things, but no focus on particulars.

bearded

I've actually made some progress in the last month. Nothing 3d yet, but I've set up the database. I'm working toward a dwarf fortress sort of backstory, so each individual game will be different. I will have to release it as freeware, because the Markov Chain that generates NPC's sometimes makes name choices that could potentially offend people. Nothing too bad, to the point I wouldn't release the game.

BentonGrey

Coo!  Great to see you still at work, Bearded!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

Great that you're still working on this, Bearded!