News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

something big

Started by bearded, September 27, 2011, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

So...fellers...I've got something that is almost releasable. It's basically a character generator, not 3d. It makes a fully developed character, with a portrait type based on micro hero templates. (I'm not sure about the fair usage of that, anybody know?) Including customized theme music that is different for every character it makes. It makes a personality you can chat with based on the a.i. "reading" different texts. You can feed it books, blogs, anything text based. At this point it is a very highly developed chat bot. If anyone wants to see that, I'll put a link here. Next stage is to make a day planner type of game. You get your character, then plan his daily activities. After that, I'm going to internalize the day planner so that all npc's have activities. I'm calling this game MicroManagement. After that is perfected, I'm going to set the machine to generate a lot of NPC's, all unique, and the player is a manager type, in game, a sort of "Editor", managing a team of heroes. The game for the Editor is to go out and explore the world with his team, tweaking the world to his liking, his editor power growing over time, changing names, powers, etc. At some point, I will go 3d with it, I'm thinking of FF Tactics style combat. Aren't we really playing FF that way, with the pause button?

doctorchallenger

So freakin' cool. Very much a tool I am interested in.

bearded

All the code is fully functional. My roadblock is having a good menu ui. Right now it is a bunch of buttons sitting around your screen. I just need a basic design for where the images should go, should I use buttons, or tabs, or drop downs for different things, and color schemes. I could create something based on a good example, got any good examples? With an example of design, it would take me about a day to make it releasable.

And the microhero templates. I'm thinking about simply hand inking some templates and scanning them in, but this will take a long time.

john_patches

:thumbup: hey buddy i have a crap load of micros, pm me when you get a chance :cool:

hmarrs

Hey anything new developments??? : ^_^