Heroes added with FFedit are not recruitable

Started by Bony, September 27, 2011, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bony

Hi, I have a problem with  :ff: 
I added some heroes with ffedit and they don't appear in the campaign under "build ins" and so they are not recruitable. In fact, I first created hero files and imported them with the hero tool of alexff into FFedit and modified them there. This tutorial was my base: http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Adding+a+character+to+the+game+via+the+editor

They appear under "campaign"-characters in the danger room (and are playable), but not in the campaign itself.
In ffedit they have the flag "campaign only" in "characters" and they have "game_obj_hero" under "templates".

Surely I can add heroes which are "custom" to the campaign, but I would like to add some heroes which I can level up like the original ones, with strings for their attributes, new premade powers to buy and TIER A & B a.s.o.

My suggestion is, that it has something to do with ´the ffx-addon. My idea was, that I first must "allow" the custom heroes for specific missions in FFedit, but I can't even select the campaign in FFedit. It's just blank, I think because of mission mission.dat-files. But the campaign works (irritating enough) normally. Additionally, in ffedit I have the problem that selecting the campaign button creates some "campdef.dat" which I must delete to play the game (or error).

Maybe someone has an idea?

Edit: I hope this is the right section, because of words like "strings"  and such things  :cool: (;))

Previsionary

Adding characters into the actual game as upgradeable characters in the way you are trying to do it is slightly more involved and requires the usage of python, coding, and notepad or some other capable processing tool. As for the blank campaign stuff, if I'm reading this correctly, you're either messing around with the mission tab or the camp def tab, but I can't decide which. I'm leaning towards the mission tab, which requires you to load up specific dat files to be of any use at all and will not accomplish what you're trying to do.
Disappear when you least expe--

Bony

The linked tutorial clearly says something else:

"Now, superman will be available for purchase via prestige points in the TEAM panel from within the game under built ins. He will start only with the powers and attributes you selected and will earn experience just like anyone else.
If you used Alex's Hero Tool to add Superman, you need only to adjust the TIER A TIER B and Start attr values and select a voice id to get to this step."

Edit: But I think you're right   ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

You have to manually add the ability to recruit this character in a mission's script to make it accessible during the campaign. 
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

yell0w_lantern

Open up a mission.py or base.py file and add one of the following lines:
Campiagn_Recruit('insertnamehere')

Campaign_AddHero('insertnamehere')

where you see something similar or on the line after Def OnMissionWon():
Yellow Lantern smash!