Hurt and Heal: the Love Interest - ROUND 11 - Something wicked this way shambles

Started by Uncle Yuan, September 28, 2011, 03:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Steve Traynor has an affair with Artemis!  (hurt)

Carol Ferris discovers that she looks better in a flight suit!  (heal)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 13, 2011, 05:53:13 PM
Steve Traynor has an affair with Artemis!  (hurt)

Carol Ferris discovers that she looks better in a flight suit!  (heal)

Googles "Steve Traynor" to try and figure out who you are referring to...   oh!  You meant Steve TREVOR! :P

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on October 13, 2011, 10:42:20 PM
Googles "Steve Traynor" to try and figure out who you are referring to...   oh!  You meant Steve TREVOR! :P

Anyone besides me starting to wonder who would win in a fight between Betsy Ross, Louis Lane, and Steve Traynor?
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on October 13, 2011, 11:20:49 PM
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on October 13, 2011, 10:42:20 PM

Anyone besides me starting to wonder who would win in a fight between Betsy Ross, Louis Lane, and Steve Traynor?

My money's on Besty Ross:D
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

DJ gets into the game, and for accepting the Lurker invitation his votes count double this round!

Lois Lane drops out after being brought to 0!  Sharon is the big winner this round but stays towards the middle of the pack, while Pepper holds her lead despite no votes one way or the other this round.

Our Contestants:
Mary Jane Watson (Spider-man) 4
Iris West (Flash - Barry Allen) 7
Betty Ross (Hulk) 3
Alicia Masters (Thing) 8
Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman) 5
Mariko Yashida (Wolverine) 3
Carol Ferris (Green Lantern - Hal Jordan) 5
Wyatt Wingfoot (She-Hulk) 4
Linda Park (Flash - Wally West) 6
Sharon Carter (Captain America) 6
Pepper Potts (Iron Man) 9

Eliminated:
Lois Lane (Superman)

Round 5!
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

BlueBard

Mary Jane Watson trembles with fear with the realization that her sins are coming back to haunt her. 

Also, she has belatedly realized after all these years that spiders creep her out.  (( Hurt ))

Iris West wins the Superhero Spouse of the Year award.  (( Heal ))
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Glitch Girl

Mariko Yashida eats some bad blowfish.  Ouch.  (Hurt)

Steve Trevor finds out he's been voiced by Nathan Fillion.  [Heal]
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Xenolith

Alicia Masters goes on a night on the town with Ben.  Heal.
Wolverine jumps the shark in 1982 (or there'bouts) (and so I refuse to believe she exists).  Hurt Mariko Yashida.

Mr. Hamrick

Carol Ferris debates on rather its a good thing that Olivia d'Abo voiced her in the DC Animated films but realizes it could be worse.   And Blake Lively made a few guys happy playing her in the Green Lantern movie.  (heal)

After all... Liv Tyler voiced Betty Ross in a video game as well as playing her in a film.  (hurt)

PreRaphaelite

Mary Jane Watson mysteriously gains the ability to transform people into animals. Unfortunately for her, she triggers this ability every time she calls someone 'Tiger', and is subsequently mauled. (Hurt)

Wyatt Wingfoot has a silly name. (Heal)

Uncle Yuan

Oh, the negativity!  Both Mariko and MJ take double dings this round and Mariko stands on the Cusp of Elimination, although Betty and MJ are also vulnerable!  Meanwhile Alicia has been steadily gaining ground on Pepper and both share the lead with 9 HP each.

Our Contestants:
Mary Jane Watson (Spider-man) 2
Iris West (Flash - Barry Allen) 8
Betty Ross (Hulk) 2
Alicia Masters (Thing) 9
Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman) 6
Mariko Yashida (Wolverine) 1
Carol Ferris (Green Lantern - Hal Jordan) 6
Wyatt Wingfoot (She-Hulk) 5
Linda Park (Flash - Wally West) 6

Eliminated:
Lois Lane (Superman)

Round 6 includes The Hand of Doom!  I will use a random number generator to pick one persons post and double their hurt!

Xenolith

Steve Trevor is still jealous of Mer-Man, who flips sand in his face before hopping off* with Wonder Woman.  Hurt.

Wyatt reminds Jen that his name is not as silly as "She-Hulk" or Tomazooma, the Death that Walks.  Heal.

*Mer-Man hopped on his tail fin when he was on the surface.

Mr. Hamrick

Betty Ross realizes that while it's not easy being green that it's harder being red.  (Hurt)

Carol Ferris realizes she got off easy in the Green Lantern film as she didn't have to have any CGI done to her.  (Heal)

BlueBard

With the death of Peter Parker in the Ultimates universe, that version of MJ is no longer relevant.  Thus completing the number of Marvel universes in which MJ is no longer relevant.  (( Hurt ))

Iris has a quick date with Barry.  She's exhausted but happy.  (( Heal ))

Glitch Girl

Carol Ferris realizes that Hal spends more time with Ollie than her. [hurt]

Wally takes Linda Park out for a romantic french dinner... in Paris. [heal]
-Glitch Girl

PreRaphaelite

Alicia Masters explores the universe, tripping the power cosmic. (Heal)

Carol Ferris is possessed by another alien/supernatural creature, and loses her mind completely. (Hurt)

Uncle Yuan

The Hand of Doom reaches down through PreRaphealite to touch Carol Ferris, but with her previous solid standing she survives her brush with doom.  MJ and Betty join Mariko on the critical list while Iris steps up to the first tier.  Alicia now has 10hp and until/unless she drops back down any heals will only go to offset hurts from that same round.

Our Contestants:
Mary Jane Watson (Spider-man) 1
Iris West (Flash - Barry Allen) 9
Betty Ross (Hulk) 1
Alicia Masters (Thing) 10
Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman) 5
Carol Ferris (Green Lantern - Hal Jordan) 4
Wyatt Wingfoot (She-Hulk) 6
Linda Park (Flash - Wally West) 7

Eliminated:
Lois Lane (Superman)

Round 7 - Accelerator!  All hurts and heals from all posts are doubled!

Glitch Girl

Mariko Yashida finds herself involved in yet another arranged marriage (thanks to her father) with yet morecriminal cartel.  [Hurt]  (yeah I know one of my votes went to waste, but I just wanted the killshot)

Linda Park enjoys the peace and quiet with Wally (at least until one of the editors notices that they're aren't in the DCnU yet) [Heal]
-Glitch Girl

BlueBard

I'm not going to waste my double where it won't count the most... so...

Alicia Masters is on a date with Ben and accidentally calls him 'Johnny' (( Hurt ))

Steve Trevor is awarded the Army Medal of Honor by Congress  (( Heal ))

Xenolith

Quote from: BlueBard on October 18, 2011, 02:16:07 PM

Alicia Masters is on a date with Ben and accidentally calls him 'Johnny' (( Hurt ))

OUCH!  That was rough.  :)

Agent 13 uses her elite SHIELD training to put poor Betty Ross out of her misery. Heal Sharon.  Hurt Betty.

Panther_Gunn

Hembeck takes over the Marvel Universe again, and thinks that Marvel gave Mariko a bum rap. (Heal)

And, since he's got a thing for Shulkie, he gives Wyatt a cosmic wedgie. (Hurt)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Mr. Hamrick

Alicia Masters gets confused as to why everyone is talking about a power outage as everything looks normal to her. (Hurt)

Pepper Potts watches "Shakespeare in Love" and thinks that she looks a bit like Viola de Lesseps... and likes it.  (Heal)

PreRaphaelite

Pepper Potts has a fight with Mrs Potts from Beauty and the Beast over who is the fairest one of all. It doesn't end well – for Pepper. [Hurt]

Alicia Masters makes cheesecake, and thanks to a slightly heightened sense of taste, it's extra delicious. [Heal]

Uncle Yuan

Most of the Accelerator action went to RAISE scores as most of the double hurts where counter balanced by double heals.  Mariko manages to hang on for just this reason.  Betty does become our second elimination, though.  Alicia's surplus score is ignored but she remains on the top of the heap and Linda Park joins the Ladies of the Second Rank.

Our Contestants:
Mary Jane Watson (Spider-man) 1
Iris West (Flash - Barry Allen) 9
Alicia Masters (Thing) 10 8
Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman) 7
Carol Ferris (Green Lantern - Hal Jordan) 4
Wyatt Wingfoot (She-Hulk) 4
Linda Park (Flash - Wally West) 9
Sharon Carter (Captain America) 8

Eliminated:
Lois Lane (Superman)
Betty Ross (Hulk)

edit: math correction.  It looks like I counted Alicia's -2 as a +2.  Nope, no bias here.  After Round & here correct HP is 8.  (Thanks, PreR).

Round 8!

Deaths Jester

Pepper Potts realizes she's been taken over by a Paris Hilton virus.  (hurt)

MJ Parker returns to better days of a supermodel/actress, without all the weird skeevy, stalkers. (heal)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

PreRaphaelite

Wyatt Wingfoot becomes aware of the fact he's in a hurt and heal competition, so he tracks down Iris West, and sits on her. (Heal Wyatt, Hurt Iris)

(I'm terrible at maths, so I'm probably wrong, but shouldn't Alicia be on 8 this round? I count 2 lots of hurts, and only 1 heal)

Xenolith

And then Wyatt rabbit punches Steve Trevor.  Heal Wyatt, Hurt Steve.

BlueBard

Mary Jane knows she's not in the new "Amazing Spider-Man" movie.  (( Hurt ))

Steve Trevor knows how to take a punch and sucks it up.  (( Heal ))

Glitch Girl

Since Wyatt got up to punch Steve, Iris gets up and uses what she learned in self-defense class to trip him so he falls... (heal Iris)

...into Mariko, who really should have been paying attention.  (hurt Mariko)

(so, is the unofficial brawl round?)
-Glitch Girl

Mr. Hamrick

After Wyatt falls over from being tripped into Mariko, Iris follows up with a boot to the head, Phoenix Wright style....

( reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFldBVWFgWo )

(hurt Wyatt, heal Iris)