Harold Ramis passes away

Started by Silver Shocker, February 25, 2014, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

Writer/Director/Actor Harold Ramis has passed away at the age of 69.   :(
He worked on films such as Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Groundhog Day, Caddyshack, and National Lampoon's Animal House.
This is especially sad for me as Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time, and fellow Ghostbuster Dan Ackroyd has been enthusiastic about getting a third film made. At this point I don't know if it will or even if it should, it wouldn't be the same without Ramis, as he not only acted in it, but co-created it.

He will be missed.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Talavar

Definitely a major comedy talent gone too soon.

hoss20

I caught the end of this week's Colbert Report and saw Stephen Colbert pay homage to Ramis. I was afraid that this was the reason. Because Ramis did so much work behind the scenes, I think a lot of people forget or just don't realize how many classic comedies he wrote/produced/directed.

BentonGrey

I imagine you're probably right, Hoss.  He was an extremely talented and funny guy, and I will certainly miss his particular brand of wit.  Goodby Egon!
http://global3.memecdn.com/ghostbusters-say-goodbye-egon-but-not-forgotten_c_2873987.jpg
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Yeah, I was really upset when I read about this yesterday, such a loss to not only the entertainment industry, but to his fans as well. My prayers definitely go out to his family and friends.

Personally, "Groundhog's Day" is one of my favorite movies, I watch it at least once a month. I loved "Ghostbusters" as well, but after this, I really hope that they don't make a 3rd one.

Podmark

This makes me sad  :(
Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films growing up and seeing all the actors so old and Ramis passing now, kind of puts time into perspective.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Uncle Yuan

For me it was Stripes, with Caddyshack in close second.  Such a talented guy!
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Glitch Girl

Deeply saddened by this.  Very talented and funny guy.  I agree with Cyber Burn, I kinda hope they don't make another Ghostbusters after this.  Just won't be the same.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tortuga

lugaru

Quote from: Glitch Girl on February 26, 2014, 04:25:31 PM
Deeply saddened by this.  Very talented and funny guy.  I agree with Cyber Burn, I kinda hope they don't make another Ghostbusters after this.  Just won't be the same.

It blows my mind that they never did, I wonder if Ramis was somehow standing in the way.

Honestly I love all the movies inspired the by tone of ghostbusters (men in black, evolution), but a third ghost busters movie would very likely just not be good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_1

At least it seems to be in development hell.