(released): Avengers EMH Tony Stark (sans armor)

Started by ShawDAMAN, October 24, 2011, 04:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawDAMAN

I thought Tony without his armor on in the recent animated series looked kind of cool so I'm taking a stab at it:

EDIT: just a few tiny alterations

this is my first attempt at doing a skin (virtually) from scratch. So be merciful and dont expect any immediate releases  :P

but thoughts appreciated.

Cyber Burn

First thoughts: From scratch...pretty damn good, especially the face. I would suggest lightening up his base outfit, but otherwise, I like what I'm seeing here. Keep it up.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 24, 2011, 04:32:34 AM
First thoughts: From scratch...pretty damn good, especially the face. I would suggest lightening up his base outfit, but otherwise, I like what I'm seeing here. Keep it up.

Looks alot like the show, good job.

Wow thanks a lot. That is a good suggestion, I intend to lighten up the base. Also, don't be misled, when I say 'from scratch' I did use a base skin/mesh, I don't want you to think I'm some kind of prodigy  :lol: but the face is almost entirely mine, and obviously the outfit, but that is still pretty crude and incomplete. Thanks :)

UnkoMan

The face is great. Even if it is only mostly you. Ha ha, but seriously...

The only thing I can see is, and I don't know if it is intentional or not, but you have those blue glowing lines ending right at mesh seems. Even if that is where they are suppose to end, it's best to skin your own end either just above or below that seem. It's just a little extra touch to make the skin look more natural.

murs47

This is an excellent skin for your first. Don't sell yourself too short there. ;)

However, I demand immediate release.

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 24, 2011, 03:31:58 PM
The face is great. Even if it is only mostly you. Ha ha, but seriously...

The only thing I can see is, and I don't know if it is intentional or not, but you have those blue glowing lines ending right at mesh seems. Even if that is where they are suppose to end, it's best to skin your own end either just above or below that seem. It's just a little extra touch to make the skin look more natural.

Thanks a lot, you do fine work yourself incidentally. :) Excellent suggestion about the blue glowing lines.... they end abruptly mostly because they are supposed to be extended on his arms and down his legs to his feet etc; and I haven't done all of them yet. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

QuoteThis is an excellent skin for your first. Don't sell yourself too short there. ;)

However, I demand immediate release.

lol. Thanks a lot man, and may I say your skins are excellent, I use a few myself.

Cyber Burn

I gotta say that this would look really if he had one of Iron Man's gloves on.

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 24, 2011, 09:50:03 PM
I gotta say that this would look really if he had one of Iron Man's gloves on.

That was actually my original intent, and that way it would make sense to give him a (limited) beam attack etc. But I can't really do any meshing like that I dont think... :/ and it would look dumb if I just skinned it that way on his regular hand.

Cyber Burn

Maybe a stripped down
QuoteIron-Man Mkv14_Gren
or
QuoteIron-Man Mkv18_Gren
with the hair that you're using skoped on?

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 24, 2011, 11:03:32 PM
Maybe a stripped down
QuoteIron-Man Mkv14_Gren
or
QuoteIron-Man Mkv18_Gren
with the hair that you're using skoped on?

Sure, but I really wouldn't know how to do even that lol. I really am a noob at all this, in case it wasn't already readily apparent  :D

ShawDAMAN

Just about done with it for now, methinks. If I keep messing with it I'll wind up making it worse  :P

BentonGrey

Shawdaman, I'll agree with what the others have said, that is a really impressive first skin!  The face looks just like the animated version, and you've definitely capture the suit.  Great work man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 25, 2011, 09:57:28 PM
Shawdaman, I'll agree with what the others have said, that is a really impressive first skin!  The face looks just like the animated version, and you've definitely capture the suit.  Great work man!

:blink: Thanks so much!

ShawDAMAN

OK last update. just a few small changes. ;P Thanks again everyone.

docdelorean88

Very very nice work! I also thought his under-suit might be cool in FF! I keep hoping someone does his style armor from this show.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

ShawDAMAN

Thanks! Yeah I'd like to see his armor done too but tommyboy's mk20 and 21 are fairly close, especially with a few slight modifications...  :rolleyes:  :P Afghanants ironman is fairly similar too.

This particular skin should be ready for release soon, if you're interested, but before I release it I want to complete the option of having one of the ironman gloves on (like in the show.) Cyber Burn has done the skoping work and I'm working on reskinning it now- should be nice :) stay tuned

ShawDAMAN

Still working on it (having a hard time getting the glove/armpiece just right) but it's slowly coming along:

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

docdelorean88

That's looking great! Cant wait till its released! :D
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

ShawDAMAN

thanks! your work is fantastic. this is released now.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

UnkoMan

Hey! The glove is really cool!

Ahhh... it wasn't done. Makes sense! There are those two lines that end abruptly at the neck there. But I am a sucker for small details. I figure if you are good enough to do it (which you clearly are) might as well do it all the way.

Of course, I miss little things all the time.

Anyhow, looking forward to more releases!

ShawDAMAN

You're quite right to point that out, and in a way it would make more sense to have them connecting up with something, but I based it as closely as I could on the show, which usually has them going nowhere:

Occasionally they do have a very thin blue line circling the neck for them to connect to, but actually it's surprising, when you start looking for it, just how inconsistent the artists are when it comes to small details about the characters. You'd never notice from just casually watching a show, but when you start freezing frames to use as reference material it's very noticeable. So I just wanted to capture the basic look reasonably well. Thanks a lot for your professional interest   :D I'm sure I'll get better if I keep doing this.

UnkoMan

Oh wow, you're totally right. I haven't actually seen the show... I didn't know! That is pretty weird!

Anyhow, yeah, keep it up!