News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

thug_2 skins

Started by bearded, October 27, 2011, 01:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

for my secret project! (not very secret, it's about my big.)

would anyone be willing to use the thug2 base and give me a new generic thug, and 4 element based? water, fire, earth, and wind. imagine the henchmen for dr. alchemy, or some other element based villain. they are basically still human, but have been granted simple element melee attacks. (no ranged powers yet, that will be thug1.) so, not even that much of a change, but i'll leave the design element up to the creativity of the skinner.  basically, the villain doesn't really care what they do, so you could create masks, tattoos, anything the thug feels like. if you want, you could even create code names or real names for them, but not necessary. also, if you have other ideas for powers gifted by this bad guy, such as combining elements, that would be fun, like earth and fire for lava, or any combo. in short, i need an element gang!
this could work on the ff thug2, or my newish sob:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=54701.0
i almost forgot to mention that i can use normal maps, i.e. bump maps now!

Cyber Burn

Any chance that you could give your SOB mesh a Male_Basic or Male_Heavy base? If so, I'd be willing to give this a shot.

bearded

aye. i'll go with male heavy.

Cyber Burn

The beginnings of a generic thug, this will allow me to alter it for various colors t-shirt logos, etc. And I can still make any changes you want.

BentonGrey

Hey, nice CB.  I can see how that can be super versatile.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

ShawDAMAN

I know this is late, but I'd be glad to take part of this. Cyber may wish to do it all though, which might be better for consistency too. But if not I wouldn't mind doing one or 2 of them. :) That generic thug looks great.

Cyber Burn

Due to time constraints, I haven't touched the elementals. I'm sure Bearded would appreciate any other skinners jumping in. I know I would.

ShawDAMAN

Thanks  :) I need the practice, haha. Would you like to maybe pick 2 elements and I'll take what's left? Or whatever you like. Just to make sure no one's working on the same thing.  ;)

Cyber Burn

I'm on a bit of a skinning hiatus, feel free to take all four. Plus any others that you can come up with.

ShawDAMAN

ShawDAMAN

Earth thug:

I wanted it to look sort of dark and, well, earthy. With a hint of stone. lol.

This could take a while, but let me know if this is roughly going in the right direction  :P

I imagine him having a earthy/rocky punch attack (since you said basic melee.)

bearded

ShawDAMAN

:D alright then, onto the other elements!  :)

Outcast

That earth thug looks great ShawDAMAN. Nice design ( i like the hands ), good use of textures, great face and hair. :moonthumup

ShawDAMAN

Thanks! The others, particularly water and 'wind,' might be a bit harder to convey  :unsure:  ;)

cmdrkoenig67

It might be neat if you could make the air and water skins a bit transparent (meaning the mesh would have to alpha-enabled).  A mesh that is made to have an animated skin texture (and a skin with with moving bubbles/clouds) would be perfect for those elemental thugs (even for the fire thug).

Dana

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on November 08, 2011, 08:46:36 PM
It might be neat if you could make the air and water skins a bit transparent (meaning the mesh would have to alpha-enabled).  A mesh that is made to have an animated skin texture (and a skin with with moving bubbles/clouds) would be perfect for those elemental thugs (even for the fire thug).

Dana

Indeed, but I don't work with meshes and would hardly know how. I may at some point, but I've only just started skinning- this is only the 2nd skin I've ever made for this game.

bearded

i don't know how to alpha in this engine yet, but setting up particles is easy. if you do the fire thug next, i'll make sure the parts you skin as fire will flame.
also, i could use some extra zombie skins, if anyone is willing!

ShawDAMAN

Okie doke. I'm actually half done the 'water' thug now, but I'll be doing fire afterwards unless someone else puts in a claim :P

bearded

alpha enabling works without effort. i think i can make some rippling effects using the cloth modifier.
looking forward to this!
beardinlair@aol.com

ShawDAMAN

Sounds great. Here's water thug:

Outcast

Not bad man. It maybe simple in design but i would certainly call that a water thug. Again nice work on giving him a unique face. One critique though, if you don't mind. His hands still has that slight rough earthy texture on it. Maybe you can use the same texture you used in the pants, or just a solid smooth body of water like what i imagine you've done for his shirt? :unsure:

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: Outcast on November 09, 2011, 03:52:49 PM
Not bad man. It maybe simple in design but i would certainly call that a water thug. Again nice work on giving him a unique face. One critique though, if you don't mind. His hands still has that slight rough earthy texture on it. Maybe you can use the same texture you used in the pants, or just a solid smooth body of water like what i imagine you've done for his shirt? :unsure:

Point well taken. :) I'll try that

ShawDAMAN

I smoothed out the hands and made them look a bit more.....watery.....

Cyber Burn

Great use of textures on these Shaw.

ShawDAMAN

bearded

i found a couple of hours last night, and i found a material animator.
could i try using your skins?

ShawDAMAN

Sure thing. I just sent these 2 to your e-mail

ShawDAMAN

Should have "fire" ready soon  :)

bearded