Ponification: Electric (02/03/2013)

Started by Tomato, November 05, 2011, 07:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 28, 2012, 08:53:09 PM
I was off becuase you used black stripes instead of blue which is on Ren's outfit! I'm mroe ashamed at you, 'Matter, for using black stripes..made it so wrong!!!  :P

No, I used dark blue stripes... similar to the blue I've used for AA and Benton. Compare the color to that of the tail, which is a pure black.

Also, preview for thursday:

juancho

ohh me loves Renegade pony (though you missed the batons, HOW COULD YOU MISS THE BATONS!!!!???? HOW????? the world lacks any sense now..... :P)

Tomato

I stopped adding weapons for the most part because the angles are incredibly awkward to draw them in, and really, it's not like they've got hands to draw them with anyway. However, doesn't mean they don't use them in battle, it just means they pull the weapons out of the air ala pinkie pie.

Tomato

Literally just finished this. No Pony/Micro avatar this time around, because surprisingly Juancho hasn't gotten to him yet.

juancho

Niiiiice Gren pony
I haven't microed him cause I haven't found a good ref pic. I remeber c6 did a skin once, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it :P
If you want to share your sources I'll be always grateful :D

Tomato

Bloodshadow

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on February 28, 2012, 09:49:10 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 28, 2012, 08:53:09 PM
I was off becuase you used black stripes instead of blue which is on Ren's outfit! I'm mroe ashamed at you, 'Matter, for using black stripes..made it so wrong!!!  :P

No, I used dark blue stripes... similar to the blue I've used for AA and Benton. Compare the color to that of the tail, which is a pure black.

Also, preview for thursday:

Must be my comp screen...cause both colours look the same from here.  Oh well...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

It's clearer when you're looking at the outline... for "black" segments the outline is gray, for a deep blue the outline is more of a blue.

Meh... as much as it pains me to say this, I think I have entered more or less a burnout when it comes to avatar ponies. When I set up the "only tuesday thursday" thing, it was primarily to give me time to get a pony done, and then move on to the billion other art projects I've set to the side. But in practice, it's been more of a restriction... I feel obligated to do a pony even if I really don't have any desire to do anyone's avatar, and forcing myself to do one drains my creativity and drive. I'm not saying I won't do anymore on occasion (still planning on doing Naitvalis' when Juancho finishes it, and I'll likely do requests if someone wants to see their av done) but I'm not going out of my way to find people to turn into ponies.

For now, anyone who wants to see artwork from me can go the 3-4 other threads I've got going with various art (sketches, skins, figures, etc.)

Tomato

Before I go into the why, who, and what of this pony, I just want to say up front that this was the most fun I've had designing anypony ever. It's just so wonderfully bad, I love it!

Anyway, most of you guys probably realize that this isn't an existing Freedom Reborn avatar. Nor is it an avatar from anyone on any other board, or even from some bizarre episode of the show. This, my fellow Reborners, is a pony derived... from MLP Fanfiction.

You heard me correctly beaches. Now, I don't pretend to be any kind of connoisseur of My Little Pony Fiction (I've read maybe 5-7 complete stories out of the several thousand on Equestria Daily) but fan works, including fictional stories, is a HUGE part of why I love MLP... the episodes are OK on their own, but the fanbase has this way of taking even the most minor things and making them hilarious. And while I tend to shy away from the fanfiction (for what should be obvious reasons) every so often I'll skim one of the ED fiction updates to see if anything jumps out.

So it was with "So Long, and Thanks for all the Ponies." Now, I'm not really sure if I'd recommend it to anyone yet (I'm only at the end of chapter 4 now, but so far it's just a passable retelling of HGttG with the Mane 6+1 replacing Arthur and Ford Prefect), but the description of a Pony version of Zaphod was so off the wall I decided to try my hand at it.

Thus, I ended up designing Pony Zaphod Beeblebrox, and had a blast doing it.

juancho

Tomato

So... just "finished" this, at least to the extent I likely will tonight. This is a major component of a side project I'm thinking of starting up (one that will be a whole lot easier once this is completely done, with all the goodies I wanna add)

Art was hand drawn and vectorized, though heavily referenced the "Pinkie says goodnight" series for the "facing the audience" pose.

Reepicheep

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Reepicheep on March 12, 2012, 03:24:06 PM
I liked it better when he wasn't staring at my soul...

...and I liked it better when there weren't ANY ponies around...

('mato, why not do some of the old school FR members, seeinga s you enjoy the pony-dom so much...I'm thinking Volt, Lude, and such)

Tomato

Just a quick question... how's the comment system working for everyp... everyone? I tried setting it up earlier, but I'm not sure whether it's working or not  :(

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 12, 2012, 05:27:17 PM
('mato, why not do some of the old school FR members, seeinga s you enjoy the pony-dom so much...I'm thinking Volt, Lude, and such)

I tried "requesting" King-Be a while back, but I think all I got was a very quiet nay.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

*shrug* again, it runs into the whole problem I'm having right now... I feel like I'm searching out avatars just so I can do ponies, instead of doing them because I genuinely want to.

Just to kind of get things moving, if anyone has some questions (pony related or not) there's a little "Ask me some questions!" button on the sidebar. I won't promise I'll answer with a comic (for some I might just do a text response) but it'll give me a reason to make more content.

Kommando

I haven't used Tumblr in ages, but I followed you. Maybe I should look into finding an app so I can keep up to date on my tablet.

Tomato

This was a redesign one of my cohorts in the "Ponymon" project sketched out for my av, which I went ahead and translated to vector. It's based on the design style of the "Fire Emblem" game series.

Outcast

Not too familiar with the RPG game "Fire Emblem", but the design looks pretty cool. :)

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on May 23, 2012, 03:57:03 PM
Not too familiar with the RPG game "Fire Emblem", but the design looks pretty cool. :)

I'm the same way, actually... but a number of our wiki members are fans and one of them ("LordFireStorm") just started making FE version of our avatars. And I gotta say, the design he whipped up for mine is pretty awesome.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 23, 2012, 09:07:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, what game format is this for?

Well, Ponymon is a gba rom based around Pokemon Fire-Red. The FE redesign thing really has very little to do with it.

Tomato

*teleports in*

So, on a whim, I did some ponies for some of my OCs. I posted them on my tumblr, but I thought I should show them here.

docdelorean88

Wonderful work tom! Its funny how after becoming a brony, im now spending hours making people/characters into ponies hahah!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Deaths Jester

Just when I thought this was over with, you come back and barf this crap out once more!!  RAAAGHHH!!!

Tomato

Well, to be fair, I've been doing this stuff for the last few months, I just didn't have anything relevant to add to this thread. For example...

Spoiler

Also:

Spoiler

Deaths Jester

Yeah, yeah...I know you've been doing those and posting them all over deviantart..I just chose to oignore them over there..but bringing them back to the forum?!?!?!  That's just wrong!!!