News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

map

Started by bearded, November 07, 2011, 02:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

small town size, any theme will do. i need it in .obj format, the skins as tga files. is it possible to have a single .obj file, with the different buildings on the terrain as seperate meshes, all within the obj.? fbx. file, or even .3ds would work as well.
if someone could convert even one of the basic maps from ff using nifskope, that would work for me.  other than that, i am willing to work from any theme. sci fi town, superhero base, anything. i am wasting so much time trying to do this, and i honestly don't have the right kind of imagination to do it well.
i'm going to add a small hill, or elevation for a part of it, and i'm going to try and make the buildings have insides, with inside things.

cmdrkoenig67

I don't know if that will work, B.  All buildings, fences, chimneys, trees, etc... Are separate objects on the maps.  A person would have to add all the buildings, trees and such to a map terrain Via NifSkope (so it becomes all one mesh), then convert the whole thing to OBJ format (if that is even possible)...Its a lot of work.

Dana

bearded

you are correct, of course...lot of work which is why i was trying to get someone to do it for me!
since i have your ear, would you mind overmuch if i converted one of your maps? i am looking at the lighthouse map specifically, for now.

cmdrkoenig67

I don't mind at all, B.  The map terrain is by Aphex, of course...I just did most of the textures and added the objects.

Dana

Randomdays

There is a program I'm using to grab things called 3DRipperDX. It grabs a complete map from memory on any supported game (DX 9) and creates a 3DR file with all textures as dds and shaders. You can also ask it to save the file as an obj. This should work as all you would have to do is load the map in game and hit the hot key to grab the map.

So far I've only used it with the Gamecube emulator Dolphin but it works well.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

bearded

bearded

i would like to build a map showcasing the different possibilities. something with a lake or river, elevated bridge, and small dock town.
i can now import anything you make with ffeditor, so i would love to simply have a flat map texture with locations designated for the river and bridge area, and then the building objects already in place. i can create the water and bridge.
if anyone is willing to help, even just a hand drawn map of those things would work, i can create from that. or maybe even an actual map of an area like that.