News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A few simple questions

Started by Lunarkys, November 22, 2011, 10:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarkys

Hi all.

Although I am nowhere near finished in re-installing my FF stuff, (and apparently needing to do a full system scan  :? Serves me right for trying to be clever I guess  :P)

I have been thoroughly reading the ffx manual, top to bottom a few times and have a couple of questions.

Firstly I've been looking at m25 customization and was wondering if you can add a specific hero/enemy to the tactics as I saw general hero/enemy as a subtype. Such as fleeing when 'insert hero name' is mindist away?
I'm guessing it's a NO YOU NEWB

Which leads me to think about using a character subtype that I wont use often as an alternative which leads me to my next question.

2. Is adding a subtype such as adamantium as easy as I think?
Adding 'adamantium' in the subtype section in the desired hero's ai??

Ok last one I promise ;)

3. Concerning custom attributes.
I will want a hero with accidental change but reading the cutomizations for the attribute, it seems I would not be able to remove the time limit nor add a revert state?

If that is true, would it be possible and as easy as creating a new custom attribute and copying over the script for accidental change, removing any time constraints and pasting over any code needed to add revert conditions from the shapeshifter attribute?

Phew!!

Many thanks for any answers to my curiosity!

Regards,
Lunarkys

Edit: Looking at the manual again, concerning accidental change I'm guessing the revert state is based on isMinuteUp and therefore can easily be replaced with isNight or similar?

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated as I will be unable to test anything for a few days/weeks.
Encounter: Lunarkys
Type: Stupid Question
Minions: pet_cat
Next: If Answered: Win
Next: If Ignored: Lose

Lunarkys

Ok, now I get why nobody replied. Despite what the manual says, (or doesnt say) you can customize the revert for accidental change through ffx control centre. Heh.  ^_^

Ah but of course this brings other complications!

I had attempted to randomly use blank as a revert state and tested in rumble room. Enemy being the 'changer' and while I could change them to the form via blind, blank simply didnt work?
I have seen posts about ffx specific states working incorrectly in rr but not sure about this.

K and 2nd.
My test char I made able to fly so I could zap away out of reach. Once I had changed any char, they almost became a seperate group of enemy as the involuntary forms and unchanged forms attacked each other!
Even if I reverted the forms back, they stayed in this 'group'.

Just to clarify they did still attack my hero when I landed and no M25ai was used.
I know there is modes in ffx to add seperate allies and enemy groups. But why would it randomly change?

Cheers,
Lunar

laughing paradox

Hey there.

Well, I'm not certain you can add specific names into the m25ai file.. if you can, I've never heard of it before!

It SHOULD work that using any identifier, like "mutant", in the subtype section should work. Sometimes. There are other modifiers that control the game, but it should take hold once in a while. For example, if I have Sentinels fighting the Avengers, sometimes they target Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (being the muties they are). Other times they go for Thor and Iron Man (probably because they are the strongest).

About your characters attacking each other, I have no idea. What mode of the game are you playing? You mentioned that you didn't run them for the m25ai.. maybe you need to?

JKCarrier

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 27, 2011, 03:54:55 PM
Well, I'm not certain you can add specific names into the m25ai file.. if you can, I've never heard of it before!

Me neither, but since you can create your own subtypes, theoretically it should work. If you give Superman the subtype 'superman', and then give the bad guy a tactic to flee from 'superman', I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Try it and see what happens!

Lunarkys

Just 'battle in the rr' just thought it odd that the default ai would change into another enemy group when accidental change occured. I'm assuming this either isn't the case with m25 or has been used/a problem in any mod.

Wait you can make your own subtypes?!  :o

I must've missed that!
Hopefully then it's as simple as my accidental change "problem" lol

Still weirded out with the mental blank being unable to revert. Will have to do some tests I guess.

Thanks guys.

Xenolith

You might run into trouble having the ai react to subtypes.  I did that with the absorbing man and he spent most of his time changing from one material to another.  I could only conclude that the ai looks at several different targets.  On the other hand, I think moving the accidental change tactic to the bottom of the options list might have worked.  Good luck!