News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

legacy according to BentonGrey

Started by bearded, December 14, 2011, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

this is a very good series, although i'm only on issue 2. i was just thinking, a really good mod would be based on this concept with bg's dc universe. like, 12 levels highlighting different high points of the stories.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe:_Legacies

Mystik

i like the idea i just doubt benton would do past the 4th issue

BentonGrey

The DCUG is meant to be a mod springboard, so people are welcome to tell any stories they want within my little project.  I'm guessing that Bearded is saying that a similar concept based in my version of the DCU is what he would like to see.  If that's the case, I'd also like to see something like that.  I've dabbled in the past of my universe a bit, with my JSA campaign, but I haven't had the time to tell all those stories that I'd like.  I do have lots and lots of plans for the JLA, and I've made some slight progress along those lines, though I've still got lots and lots to do.

As for that series itself, though I've never read it, Mystik is right in that I doubt I'd have too much interest in it after a while.  I'd probably go as high as issue #5, though. ;)  Yeah, after that issue, the Wiki page reads like a summary of the things I created the DCUG to escape.

I've been reading Hawkman Vol. 2 lately, an awesome and extremely underrated, though sadly short-lived, series, and I'm starting too get more in a DC frame of mind.  Who knows, maybe I'll find some time next semester to put out another volume of campaigns.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bearded

i'm up to issue 4 so far, and it's good so far. the writer is taking the crisis events, and earth# crossovers and writing them from the perspective of one earth. he even did the flash of 2 earth's like that. i think there are some golden age references i'm missing however.