For Asgard and the Marvel Universe!

Started by BentonGrey, December 31, 2011, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Things have finally calmed down for me, so it's back to the salt mines!  I'm trying to get my Marvel mod to a release-able state, and I just need a few more things:

New requests!

So folks, I'm still in need of mapping help.  If any of our newer skinners or skopers want to try their hands at mapmaking, I could really use someone to create a few specific things for Marvel Adventures, just to add some variety to the mod's locations.  It's either that, or we're going to see the same locations show up over and over again.  If you're interested, let me know!

On a more traditional note, can I get someone to give me a golden, statue-flavored skin of the Shi'ar Guard mesh?  I'm going to use them for the Shi'ar palace level.

Another request, I need Doc Samson.  What's out there for him in his classic look?
http://www.writeups.org/img/fiche/2141b.jpg

Spoiler
Wait, that's not quite right, is it?  Ha, I got the The Mighty Thor Omnibus for Christmas, and I've been reading all of the classic Thor tales over the last week.  This has put me in the mood to get back to work on my Thor campaign, and the appearance of the diabolical team of Cobra and Mr. Hyde has made me want to include them in a mission as well.  I was just wondering what resources are out there for them.  Are there any skins for Tommy's excellent meshes?

Also, has anyone put together a TV lite type version of Cobra?  Are there any versions of him available in some of his later costumes?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Went through what I had -  for Mr Hyde I have Tommyboy's and a skin by Angry Red Herring for male_trenchcoat. For Cobra, I have Tommyboy's, with a second skin by LP. I also have a skin by Angry Red Herring for male_basic_cape_pointed_hood.

From his readme, the ARH skins are based on their appearance in Spider-man 231-232

BentonGrey

Hmm, Angry Red Herring is someone I've never come across.  I just discovered LP's Cobra skin.  I should have remembered that he had done an awesome set of Serpent Society skins.  Well, with Tommy's excellent Mr. Hyde mesh and skin, and his great Cobra mesh along with LP's skin, I think I'm all set for these guys.  Thanks RD!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

I've got Cobra and Mr. Hyde, but I'm wondering if someone out there might be able to help me with another issue.  I've been working on my Thor campaign, trying to come up with a mission involving the Absorbing Man, but I'm having trouble.  What I'd like to do is have Thor fight him normal size, defeat him, but then have him grow to building size like he did in the classic stories.  However, the excellent Absorbing Man mesh by Grenadier I'm using doesn't move quite right when blown up to giant size.  Do any of the skopers or other veterans have any suggestions on how I might be able to tweak him to get a better looking giant, KF-wise?

Also, I am almost positive he's been made, but I can't find Surtur the fire demon.  Does anyone know where he is or who made him?
http://www.comicvine.com/surtur/29-10967/
God Bless

BentonGrey

Thanks RD!  I figured you'd know where to find them.  Yeah, I've already snapped up all of Gren's giants.  I've had a blast lately throwing Thor and the Warriors Three up against a bunch of frost giants.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Also, I'm in need of an object mesh, a shield of some kind.  Does anyone know of anything that would work?  It doesn't need to be any particular shape or color, just a shield I can pass off as an artifact, a mcguffin in my Thor campaign.

Ohh, and what is out there that would serve as a fire demon, Asgard style?

Anyone out there interested in putting together Thor's secret identity, a Don Blake skope/skin?  A skin of civilian male would be cool, but a skope with his walking stick would be even more awesome.  The staff from the wizard mesh would work perfectly.
http://funpastimes.com/wp-images/wasp2/wasp_avengers_2_2.jpg
http://www.reviewingcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/dr-don-blake-talking-to-Jane-foster.jpg
God Bless

Randomdays

I would love a Donald Blake mesh - far too few secret identity mesh's out there. I was trying to find a male with cane mesh I heard about awhile back. That would work for Daredevil's secret ident as well.

For a shield, look at the photoskins page on hexed meshes - a few different shields to choose from.

JKCarrier

There's some viking and medieval-type characters here, maybe you can use the shield from one of them:

http://www.fxforce.com/PHOTOSKINS.html

Fire demons: If all else fails, you can go with Red Sun's Fire Elementals.

BentonGrey

Ahh, thanks guys, one of those should work just fine.  Could anybody skope one of those viking shields into a stand-alone object mesh for me?

JKC, you know, I should have thought of that.  I can just use the Fire Elementals.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Hey guys, I'm still looking for some help getting Gren's absorbing man to play well as a giant.  I'm hoping someone can suggest some keys that would work with him to give him more giant-like attacks.  I've reached this mission in my build, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
God Bless

cmdrkoenig67

Hey B,

This is the Legionaire's shield...

Will this work for your shield (I added a glow texture to it too)?

Dana

BentonGrey

Ahh, that should work perfectly Dana!
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, here's something new.  Didn't someone, maybe Tiobe, preview an Asgard map some time ago?  I can't find any trace of it, but I am really hoping that there is some news on it.  I could really use an Asgard map of one type or another.

On another note, what do we have that would work for the Alpha Primitives?  I'm sure we've got something in the wide FF world that could be used for these guys:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Alpha_Primitives
God Bless

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 04, 2012, 05:16:51 PM
Howdy guys, here's something new.  Didn't someone, maybe Tiobe, preview an Asgard map some time ago?  I can't find any trace of it, but I am really hoping that there is some news on it.  I could really use an Asgard map of one type or another.

On another note, what do we have that would work for the Alpha Primitives?  I'm sure we've got something in the wide FF world that could be used for these guys:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Alpha_Primitives

I think Tiobe was working on a rainbow bridge and I was contemplating making an Asgard-type map, but I don't know if T ever finished the bridge and I kind of gave up on making an Asgard map (I couldn't find a base map that I liked of the maps available to use for it).

As for the shield, I currently have it set as a Europe Base object (eu_shield...which basically means it can't be moved or destroyed, it could be removed via coding of course).  You could reset it as a character, if you'd like...Whatever works best for what you need, B.  I was making the shield object and a shield/sword object for wall decor a while back and kind of forgot about them, until your post here reminded me.

Dana

hoss20

There is an Alpha Primitives hex done by KennX here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Whatever_happened_to_Ken/files/Marvels/
There is also a skin by C6 which is already included with the mesh. It doesn't come with keyframes, but any male_heavy will do.

Also, I made a skin for Surtur a little while back to capture a more Walt Simonson-esque version of him. Would you be interested in this or would you like preview to see if it fits your campaign?

To what size did you scale your giant Absorbing Man? I have an idea or two to help, but I also know you probably want more of some keys that represent the fact that he's huge (like punching or smashing to the ground on smaller characters).

Lastly, for a fire demon, I kind of like the old daemon mesh  by Irrational. It has wings and red skin and, of course, looks like a demon. I use it as one of Mephisto's summoned minions. We could alter the skin a bit to fit your vision or maybe even skope some flame FX to it.

Randomdays

I think hexed meshes over at fxforce has a bunch of modded demon meshes, some without wings, horns or tail. If not it would pretty easy to remove them in Blender, resizing to the the right giant size. Maybe using one of the human torches fx skin effects on it for the flames.

I thought I had posted about the kf question , but it either didn't take or its somewhere on a wrong thread.

We can either try skoping some giant smash-down attacks into the kf to see if they're compatable, or try rigging the mesh to a set of giant-size kfs. I think that he would lose his ball and chain attacks that way though. Does Thunderball from the Wrecking crew use the same kfs as AM? might look at those or some of the ones with whips to see if any usable animations are in them.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the responses guys!  Y'all are awesome.  Let me address these individually.

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on January 04, 2012, 06:32:40 PM
I think Tiobe was working on a rainbow bridge and I was contemplating making an Asgard-type map, but I don't know if T ever finished the bridge and I kind of gave up on making an Asgard map (I couldn't find a base map that I liked of the maps available to use for it).
Ahh, what a shame!  I knew I had seen that though.  Ha, I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't imagined it after I couldn't find hide nor hair of the post.  I recalled seeing something pretty neat in the works.  Well, perhaps Tiobe will pop back in with some news on Bifrost.  Sorry you couldn't find anything appropriate Dana.  I can see the problem, though.  There isn't anything that would fit super well.  I suppose I'll use Fantasy Land as an Asgard substitute.  It's got some of the same flavor.  I'll hold out hope that there will one day be an Asgard map, though.

As for the shield, I currently have it set as a Europe Base object (eu_shield...which basically means it can't be moved or destroyed, it could be removed via coding of course).  You could reset it as a character, if you'd like...Whatever works best for what you need, B.  I was making the shield object and a shield/sword object for wall decor a while back and kind of forgot about them, until your post here reminded me.

Dana
Awesome!  Dana, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're the man.  That sounds perfect.  It's mostly just got to sit around in cutscenes and look artifact-y, so this should work great.

Quote from: hoss20 on January 04, 2012, 07:18:57 PM
There is an Alpha Primitives hex done by KennX here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Whatever_happened_to_Ken/files/Marvels/
There is also a skin by C6 which is already included with the mesh. It doesn't come with keyframes, but any male_heavy will do.

Also, I made a skin for Surtur a little while back to capture a more Walt Simonson-esque version of him. Would you be interested in this or would you like preview to see if it fits your campaign?
Good 'ol Kenn X!  That's perfect.  At this point I shouldn't be surprised that there is an Alpha Primitive hex and skin, but I still am.  How great!  As for Surtur, I would DEFINITELY love a look at this Walt Simonson-esque version of the big guy.

To what size did you scale your giant Absorbing Man? I have an idea or two to help, but I also know you probably want more of some keys that represent the fact that he's huge (like punching or smashing to the ground on smaller characters).
Yeah, that's more or less what I've got in mind for AM, some giant-type animations.  What I'd really like is a good stomp, something that looks like he's swatting at a flying character, and some general animations that tend to angle downward to reflect him being huge.  I've got him around 30 feet right now, but I may go up to 60.  I can't figure out what his base animations are, so I haven't been able to find any giant keys that are compatible.  I've skoped off his ball and chain to make it easier to find something that will work, but still no luck.  Gren's Giant Man keys work, but they stretch him out like crazy.

Lastly, for a fire demon, I kind of like the old daemon mesh  by Irrational. It has wings and red skin and, of course, looks like a demon. I use it as one of Mephisto's summoned minions. We could alter the skin a bit to fit your vision or maybe even skope some flame FX to it.
Hey, that's a good idea too.  Yeah, they certainly fit the "demon" portion of the description, don't they?  I could probably use them as is....hmm....

Quote from: Randomdays on January 04, 2012, 10:23:29 PM
I think hexed meshes over at fxforce has a bunch of modded demon meshes, some without wings, horns or tail. If not it would pretty easy to remove them in Blender, resizing to the the right giant size. Maybe using one of the human torches fx skin effects on it for the flames.
Thanks RD!  I'll check those out. 

Quote from: Randomdays on January 04, 2012, 10:23:29 PM
I thought I had posted about the kf question , but it either didn't take or its somewhere on a wrong thread.

We can either try skoping some giant smash-down attacks into the kf to see if they're compatable, or try rigging the mesh to a set of giant-size kfs. I think that he would lose his ball and chain attacks that way though. Does Thunderball from the Wrecking crew use the same kfs as AM? might look at those or some of the ones with whips to see if any usable animations are in them.

I think that Thunderball does indeed use the same kfs.  I'll be happy with a giant-sized version of AM that can use the excellent skins that come with Gren's mesh.  Those are my priorities.  The right keys and the right skins.  Other than that, I'm open to options.

Thanks guys, y'all are amazing, as always!
God Bless

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 04, 2012, 11:51:57 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!  Y'all are awesome.  Let me address these individually.

Ahh, what a shame!  I knew I had seen that though.  Ha, I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't imagined it after I couldn't find hide nor hair of the post.  I recalled seeing something pretty neat in the works.  Well, perhaps Tiobe will pop back in with some news on Bifrost.  Sorry you couldn't find anything appropriate Dana.  I can see the problem, though.  There isn't anything that would fit super well.  I suppose I'll use Fantasy Land as an Asgard substitute.  It's got some of the same flavor.  I'll hold out hope that there will one day be an Asgard map, though.

Dana
Awesome!  Dana, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're the man.  That sounds perfect.  It's mostly just got to sit around in cutscenes and look artifact-y, so this should work great.

No problem, B...I'll send it to you, the only thing that needs to be done is to make sure the textures (which I'll send along too) are in the main Area_specific\_textures folder or in whatever texture folder you'll need for the map you're using for that mission (otherwise it will be pink...LOL).

Dana

Randomdays

I'll take a look when I get home and see what I can do with the kfs

JKCarrier

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 04, 2012, 11:51:57 PMI'll be happy with a giant-sized version of AM that can use the excellent skins that come with Gren's mesh.  Those are my priorities.  The right keys and the right skins.  Other than that, I'm open to options.

Easiest thing might be to just take an existing giant mesh and copy the skins over.

Randomdays

It'd be nice to keep the ball and chain anims though

Dana, In regards to a base map - Could you take the tower map from FF, the one up in the clouds, and remove the entire tower? Then you could replace it with some ground, put some viking buildings, towers and statues on it and work from there. Maybe change the lighting on the clouds to a dark blue. The rainbow bridge could lead off to a portal at the end.

I think it might be do-able.

I haven't looked at Pan's Island for awhile - did it have clouds around the edge? I know you or someone did a deep space map and a cloud map as well.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on January 05, 2012, 12:59:48 AM
It'd be nice to keep the ball and chain anims though

Dana, In regards to a base map - Could you take the tower map from FF, the one up in the clouds, and remove the entire tower? Then you could replace it with some ground, put some viking buildings, towers and statues on it and work from there. Maybe change the lighting on the clouds to a dark blue. The rainbow bridge could lead off to a portal at the end.

I think it might be do-able.

I haven't looked at Pan's Island for awhile - did it have clouds around the edge? I know you or someone did a deep space map and a cloud map as well.

Short answer, RD...Yes, it can be done.  Will it come out the way I want it to...probably not.  I have been building new map terrains lately with existing maps (like the mountain and island terrain maps I put together)...But I don't have a lot of time, especially in less than two weeks when school starts up again.  Plus...I have far too many other FF projects going on right now too.

Conduit made some space maps and Gengoro did the cloudy sky map...Valandar also did a space map, I believe.

Dana

Randomdays

Thanks for the reply Dana. I know the feeling of being to busy.

cmdrkoenig67

No problem, RD...I have at least 6 map projects, several Skopes and at least 4 mod projects going...Not too mention a lot going on in RL too...Whew!

Dana

hoss20

OK, Benton, I'm sending you a giant Absorbing Man mesh. I was able to scale it larger and keep the normal animation speed (he's currently Time Master size). I also borrowed an area stomp, melee ground smash, and melee stomp from the old MHV series of Gren's meshes. Although, there is no mesh distortion with the added animations, the ball and chain doesn't exactly move all that well (it does stay in his hand, at least). Let me know what you think.

Edit: I used Gren's original Absorbing Man and not his collaboration with Renegade (Absorbing_Man_Tall)

hoss20

Here's a look at my Surtur skin, Benton. I always liked Walt Simonson's rendition, so I had made this for myself a little while ago. I updated him a bit.

Let me know if you're interested.

Randomdays

Can you release this? I know I'm interested

hoss20

I've posted my Surtur skin to my Yahoo group (address is below). It's in my Skins section. Benton, I'll be presumptuous and send it your way. I hope you like it, and as with the old DCU mod, I'd be honored if you use anything of mine. Of course, I won't be offended if you don't.  :P
Also, I'm VERY happy that my altered Absorbing Man fit the bill for you.

BentonGrey

Hoss, I love it!  Yeah, I am DEFINITELY interested.  Your presumption is welcomed Hoss, and thanks so much for your willingness to pitch in!  Yeah, those animations were the ones I really needed, and I was able to tweak the animation speed thanks to your modifications, making them suitable for a giant without being uber slow.
God Bless