News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Spud's Art: THE ALSO RETURN!

Started by captainspud, January 30, 2012, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: captainspud on April 02, 2012, 02:20:16 PM
Taking a three-week break while my schedule beats me bloody with a spiked baseball bat.

I've heard you like that sort of thing, though.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

MJB

No worries Spuddles. Just come back with something actually good next time you update. :P

Tommy Troy

I love comic art that looks comical - great style,Spud!
DCUO Toons: The Fly, Venusian Voyager, Eagle Woman, Congorella, Flying Fortress, and 12 others!

Cyber Burn

Amazing sculpt work on the mini, WoW!

captainspud

Aaaaaaand we're back.

Click for Tubery

This dude is a pseudo-Russian FBI Wizard. Or he would be, except he was forced to flee pseudo-Russia a month before he earned his comically oversized fur hat to escape pseudo-Russian trade gangsters.

I <3 this setting. :)
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Let us work together to correct it.

Reepicheep

Mega awesome. Again, I loved watching the timelapse to see how it was done.

captainspud

It's probably a good thing that Meejub summarily ended Meejub Doesn't Trigger Automatic Sliding Doors Monday, because I was starting to run out of horrible (but true) things to say about him.

Anyway.

Here's a picture!

YouTubery

This is the sixth and final character art video for my steampunk/fantasy RPG party. This one depicts our group's thief/spy/general sneaky git; my concept was to try to imagine a Dickensian orphan all grown up. It's not the most exciting piece in the series, but then, he's supposed to be a completely unassuming and unremarkable character. (The video's title calls him a mouse because the character works for an information network that secretly passes information to a high official of the Church of Battle Jesus named Archon Dargule; this network is informally (and somewhat pejoratively) referred to as Dargule's Mice.)
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Outcast

Sweet video Captain Spud. It never ceases to amaze me, to see how people can turn a simple sketch into works of art. As always, i also enjoy the music you pick for these videos.

"Kick em when they're up, kick em when they're down...Kick em when they're up, kick em when they're down..." (Starts kicking a Murs46 clone lying on the floor...)

(Only to realize later...that the Murs47 clone was suddenly standing right behind.)

(Immediately slows down the pace of the kicking and slowly looks behind ....and makes a big grin... :stupor)

Deaths Jester

Nice theif concept, Spuddy...definetly someone you wouldn't notice.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

GrizzlyBearTalon

Is this Steampunk/Fantasy Hybrid RPG an actual full on game system you've been playing or something your gaming group cobbled together like a piecemeal Frankenstein RPG made from your favorite parts of various ones?

MJB

It's all in his imagination. We humor him because he's insane.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: MJB on May 23, 2012, 05:43:56 AM

I thought it was because most of us are behind in our tetanus shots and Spuddly tends to get a bit flaily with those rusty meathooks when he's in a tiff.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

captainspud

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 23, 2012, 02:17:14 AM
Is this Steampunk/Fantasy Hybrid RPG an actual full on game system you've been playing or something your gaming group cobbled together like a piecemeal Frankenstein RPG made from your favorite parts of various ones?
It's called the Iron Kingdoms. It was originally a 3rd party D&D 3.5 setting, which was so popular that part of it spun out into a massively popular miniatures game that I also play. They're releasing a complete reboot of the IK rules in September as a standalone system.

It's a really awesome setting. They've crafted a world that is a complete and utter political mess (A hates B hates C hated D hates E hates F, all of whom are fairly shady and jerkish in their own ways), which makes for awesome roleplaying. :D

GrizzlyBearTalon

Ah ok yeah it all seems more familiar now, I remember seeing this stuff at a comic shop around here and wondering what it was. Are the minis prepainted? And is Warmachine as complex as Warhammer? Please note I've never played warhammer but I've looked at the rule books and seen it played, once people started pulling out measuring tape and squabbling over 1/4 inches I was done. Still rather enamored with there look and fiction in warhammer and of course 40k as well though.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 23, 2012, 05:49:57 AM
Quote from: MJB on May 23, 2012, 05:43:56 AM

I thought it was because most of us are behind in our tetanus shots and Spuddly tends to get a bit flaily with those rusty meathooks when he's in a tiff.

I thought we were all insane and enjoyed flailing about with rusty weaponry?!?!?!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

captainspud

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 23, 2012, 01:57:48 PM
Ah ok yeah it all seems more familiar now, I remember seeing this stuff at a comic shop around here and wondering what it was. Are the minis prepainted?
Nope, building and painting is part of the fun. :)

QuoteAnd is Warmachine as complex as Warhammer?
Much moreso, actually. In Warhammer, your army is 100+ guys, so each individual one has very few rules and options. In Warmachine, your army might only be 10 or 15 guys, but each one has much more complex rules and a wider range of options. I find this type of gameplay far more entertaining, and of course, it's far less soul-crushing to paint an army of a dozen individuals than 100+ rank and file. :)

QuotePlease note I've never played warhammer but I've looked at the rule books and seen it played, once people started pulling out measuring tape and squabbling over 1/4 inches I was done.
Minis games aren't for everyone... I love 'em, but you need to thrive on detail and tedium to a certain extent. :D

QuoteStill rather enamored with there look and fiction in warhammer and of course 40k as well though.
As much as I knock Games Workshop's games in general (the Warhammer games) for being terrible rulesets, the fluff and universes of both games are really interesting and deep. Basically, all the stuff that's left over from the 80s and 90s is good (the art and story), and everything done in the last 15 years (the gameplay) sucks. :P

GrizzlyBearTalon

QuoteMuch moreso, actually. In Warhammer, your army is 100+ guys, so each individual one has very few rules and options. In Warmachine, your army might only be 10 or 15 guys, but each one has much more complex rules and a wider range of options. I find this type of gameplay far more entertaining, and of course, it's far less soul-crushing to paint an army of a dozen individuals than 100+ rank and file. :)

So we're essentially talking about squadron sized groups with as many powers and options per individual as say a heroclix piece then? Sounds interesting. The massive war game scale of Warhammer has never been my thing when it comes to tabletop stuff. I don't mind massive armies duking it out on a computer screen mind you, I love a good RTS game.