News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Featured Episode Series: The 2800

Started by BlueBard, February 13, 2012, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Star Trek Online started a new Featured Episode series based on a Deep Space Nine storyline this past Saturday.  It deals with a Dominion fleet that comes through the wormhole and captures DS-9.

This first episode, "Second Wave", begins with a diplomatic mission involving a cross-faction conference about uniting against the Borg threat.

Yeah, I know, sounds a bit boring, but it's surprisingly fun.

This episode has everything.  There are four different short diplomatic missions (three of which are optional), there are three optional Duty Officer assignments, ground AND space combat, a bunch of cutscenes, lots of voice-overs, and it moves along fast enough that it doesn't seem too grind-y.

The combat missions are challenging.  I don't have tricked out builds, and both my Brigadier General (Science) and my Vice Admiral (Science) each had to respawn in both the ground and space missions.  Ordinarily I don't have problems in PvE missions of Normal difficulty and I don't have top-of-the-line gear.  Don't go in thinking this is a cakewalk.  The Jem'Hadar can take down your shields in nothing flat and your health/hull will follow soon afterward.

All in all, a fun episode and a great kick-off for a new series.
STO/CO: @bluegeek