News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Some dumb questions

Started by justintyme2174, February 14, 2012, 02:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintyme2174

These are probably dumb questions but I'm going to ask anyway!

If I have already equipped the gear I have collected, can I sell it to a vendor and still receive the benefits from them?  My inventory gets pretty full if I don't.

Does the Green Lantern DLC add any solo missions? I haven't really noticed it adding anything to the game.

BigAl1775

Only dumb question is the question not asked.
When you say benefit, are you referring to combat rating? If so, then put them in your bank (if you have the space) and wait until you get a better piece. You will lose CR if you sell or salvage.
GL DLC has the powerset, 3 alerts, and one duo. You could solo the duo at some point, but no actual solo content.
That help?
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

justintyme2174

justintyme2174

Ok, some more questions. 

So what exactly doe these exobytes we are collecting and crafting do? I see on the gear where it says you can equip it with whatever color it needs but exactly how does one do that?

I see people asking for help with what I believe to be solo missions.  If you help someone on a solo mission, do you get the credit for doing it as well? How do you get someone to join you in a solo mission because Sinestro is really kicking my @$$!

Magnificent

I'll try to tackle your questions in the order you asked them...

1.  Exobits
...Exobits are the harvestable circular glowing nodes of a rainbowish hue out in the cities (Gotham, Metropolis & Central City).  They come in three types: blue (fortified), yellow (support) and red (aggressive).  There is a fourth one that drops only in Central City (super-speed, it's gray) and is used only for the recipes you can buy there.

So let's say you've been harvesting nodes like a fiend and have a stack of 16 exobits.  Awesome :) If you haven't done it yet, check your Journal for a mission to talk to someone in your powerset area (Magic, Meta or Tech) in the Watchtower or Hall.  Go talk to them and they will give you the Beginner recipes.  From here, you then head to the nearest R&D station (which should be right next to you, they are also found in Gotham's Diamond District and Metropolis' Mid-town police hq's). There is also a vendor nearby that sells some of the other things you will need (depending on the recipe) as well as Alpha, Beta & Mark I recipes.

The order of recipes (in quality goes):
Alpha
Beta
Mark I  (sold from vendor for Marks of Triumph but can also be found in the solo Challenge missions - Catwoman, Specter, Dr. Psyho, etc).
Mark II  (drop from Alerts)
Mark III (drop from Raids)

When you interact with the machine you will see that some recipes are lettered in white, the others in gray.  Grayed entries mean you don't have all of the necessary materials to make that item.  Since it takes 8 bits to make a byte and you have 16 red bits, you can make 2 red bytes.  Yay! :D  If you have purchased the Precision I recipe, you can click on it and see you will need 4 Simple Components, something level I that I can't remember the name of but is sold by the vendor, and 3 red exobytes in order to make a Precision I mod.

So let's say you find 8 more bits and you get some Simple Components (they come from Salvaging equipment in the R&D machine, remember though... once you salvage it, it's G-O-N-E and no items bought with Marks are salvageable) and you make a Precision I mod.  Now what? 

I'm glad you asked :)
unequip an item that uses a red mod (example: a DPS helmet).  Equip that and you get the 11 extra Precision as well as whatever bonus you get for equipping a red on that piece of equipment.

**You can equip any color on any piece of gear that accepts mods, but you only get the bonus if you equip a mod of the color specified in the item's description
****If you end up making something like Restoration & Precision I, they require an ORANGE exobyte which comes from combining 4 reds and 4 yellows.  These mods will have stat increases for Restoration and for Precision, but the increases aren't as big as if you went with just a single state (example:  Precision I = +11 Precision while Restoration & Precision I = +10 Restoration & +8 Precision).  You can now equip this in any gear that takes red OR yellow bytes and get the bonus for that piece as well as the stat mods.

If this seems as clear as mud, it will be much easier to understand once you interact with the system a bit. ;)

I don't know if it's still the case but while you can get credit for completing the solo mission with someone helping you, you do not get credit for one of the feats (either the no-dying one or the no-using colas nor super-charge powers - can't remember which).  All you have to do to get them in is to invite them to group.  If they are of a different mentor, you will have to enter the instance first before they can gain access to it (they won't see the glowing circle to enter until you are already inside).

Hope this helps :)