my avatar ...suggests are welcome

Started by naitvalis, February 18, 2012, 09:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naitvalis

this is a quick sketch of my avatar, is basically a "moth-armor". help and suggests are welcome!
here is a little explanation of some "character traits".
- the characyƬter type:  ala doctor fate, is armor is of magical origin.
- villain or do-gooder? : none of them, the character act for "higher beings", wich are not fully understendable by humans or other races (the comic world are full of).
- armor powers: the armor can read (very well) an control (at low level)minds, flying, superhuman levels of strenght, stamina and agility, self-repair.
-armor weakness- can only be used during the night or the dusk, the armor itself not work if the purpouse is a merely will of the "human user".

juancho

I really like what you've got so far especially the neck and the area round the chest.

what's that on the right? a helmet?

If you want I can try and work something out, but I think you are doing quite an awsome job as it is

naitvalis

oh i'm glad you like ( cause i want absolutely my micro!! :D ). yup that is the helmet front and lateral view.

Outcast

That's a rather unique looking character you've chosen for an avatar Naitvalis. I like the design of the body armor and the visor design of the helmet which reminds me of Tekkaman Blade. But if it's a moth armor...i would imagine it to have a more bug/insect like looking eye design for the helmet? I'm a bit puzzled by the shape of his helmet though. Is it like a samurai helmet? With metal plates on the side and back? And aside from the antenna, it also seems to have hair/fur? Hmmmm..and his wings look like a cape based on the small picture in the background, so i'm not quite sure if they are wings or actually a cape.

These are just comments and observations Naitvalis. I hope you don't mind or take it the wrong way.

I'm happy that Juancho is gonna try to work something out for you. Can't wait to see that one. :cool:

The Hitman

Very nice sketch! Have you thought about a color scheme? If it's moth armor, perhaps a brown/black scheme with either silver or gold accents.

And for the backstory, have you thought about it maybe being "living armor," which is posessed by the spirit of its original wearer at night? That would add an interesting twist that he can only affect the physical world while in the armor.

Just a though, I guess.

naitvalis

to Outcast: yes is quite unique eheh, the idea was exactly to create something not immediatly understendable by the observer.
here is another view of the head and torso maybe this explain better.

i hope juancho can help with colors and his formidable tastes for design.
thank you for help!

to Hitman: i have that moth picture for color scheme but i'm in high sea, your color suggests sound good !
for the backstory...the armor, i want keep the armor "alien" even for his own user.
i'll make an example: sometimes the armor block herself even in front a scene of violent crimes, or other times over-react.
this is cause the armor is just an instrument created by this "higher beings"wich "interact" with the world in  "alien"(at least for us) ways.
thank you for help !

juancho

Nait, once you have a full body sketch I'll get to micro it.
If you want to leave the colors to mee that is alright, I can handle that, again if you want me to finish from the torso down i can do so as well, just let me know

UnkoMan

Wow, I love it!
I'm sure Juancho will jazz it up perfectly, too.

naitvalis

to Juancho: this is a full body quick sketch with some details, and i'm very happy to hear you can help me! thank you! you are the best in what you do!...ehmm i forgotten what you do exactly?
no really, you know i need colors, and maybe some design "class-touch" :rolleyes:.

to UnkoMan: thanks! and i'm sure of that to hehe.

juancho

complex design much?? eheheheh
I love wha you have done. It's gonna take some work but I'll have something for you, don't worry
IMO the cape hides too much the armor that is way too cool, I'll make a minor alteration so the arms are showing at least a bit more

Tomato

You think YOU have it bad? I have to make a pony out of this.

Outcast

Quote from: juancho on February 19, 2012, 12:27:14 PM
complex design much?? eheheheh....
IMO the cape hides too much the armor that is way too cool, I'll make a minor alteration so the arms are showing at least a bit more

Quote from: Tomato on February 19, 2012, 01:51:20 PM
You think YOU have it bad? I have to make a pony out of this.

Yeah, i must admit, it is a rather complicated design.
:lol: Guess you guys will have your hands full on this one. :P

* I also thought the cape was too big because it was hiding the arms....but if its more of a cloak....i think they usually have that effect..  :unsure: :) *

naitvalis

i know is a bit complex, but i'm almost sure you two like this kind of challenge... ;)
and i am very grateful for all yours help! 

vamp

You've managed to make a moth intimidating  :blink:

All in all, I really like the design. Nice work. 

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: vamp on February 19, 2012, 09:04:58 PMAll in all, I really like the design. Nice work. 

As do I! Your avatar cuts a very imposing figure there, Nait. It's a nice take on a moth without being too literal. Yes, you've got the 'wings' (cape) and the 'fur', but the sharp angles and the hard lines takes the design in a different direction. There's still as sense of an ancient, almost inhuman creature, but it is by no means the soft, squishy, dusty bug we all know and waft outside. I wonder what Juancho's going to do with it now you've given him free reign over the colour scheme...

Bright pink with yellow spots? Yes please.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Tomato

I did that once, actually... I was coloring someone else's artwork, and there was some issue on their end letting me know what colors to use... so in annoyance I posted his character in a bright yellow gi with pink accents.

I found out much later the character was actually gay. Yay for precognition?

naitvalis

to Pre: is nice to read you like my avi, for the colours, i like(for example) that scheme suggested by the hitman, but i'm sure juancho have more experience and "eye" than me for colur schemes  ;).

eluvium

Hi, I've been gone for a while, I've been collecting avatar sprites, I have most of them, but there are a few I couldn't find, Ink, Death's Jester, and Red Back Death, and Texas Jack

I am also curious if that shirt freedom reborn web comic exists where randy ripoff attacks everyone