News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A wild Syn appears!

Started by UnfluffyBunny, February 20, 2012, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

I mean umm...wat.....
I got the urge to skin something, really not sure why, but I was browsing along...as I do, and found my old terribly made and terribly badly mapped Bane on frp, well... I downloaded ctool and had a play.
I'm TOTALLY out of practice, and no matter what medium, I -HATE- footwear of all kinds >.>

anyway....

see you in another 4 years I guess :P

Podmark

For out of practice it looks pretty damn good to me.
Good to see a new skin from you again, Syn.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on February 20, 2012, 09:28:05 PM
For out of practice it looks pretty damn good to me.
Good to see a new skin from you again, Syn.

Understatement!

Bloodshadow

Bane looks great Syn,Nice job :thumbup:

UnkoMan

Wow, Syn skin. The face looks really good. And the arm veins. You're right about the feet though. You aren't done them, I take it?
But the musculature is cool. Is that from scratch?

UnfluffyBunny

thanks for the replies :)
I do plan on doing the boots again, i'm also not happy with the "cloth" on the pants, the musculature is something I whipped up yesterday, i'm still working on it as a base, hence why some areas are underdetailed (especially the hands, the palms are currently blank), a fair bit of the anatomy needs addressing too, the back particularly is devoid of detail in the base
Spoiler

in the event I might decide to do more I spent a bit of time starting a male basic base too >.>
Spoiler

I never did manage to get a hold on the true comic look but i'm happy to settle into a comfortable medium

Outcast

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 20, 2012, 09:25:58 PM
see you in another 4 years I guess :P

Could you change the 4 years into 4 days? or 4 weeks? :)

Glad to see you making a new skin again. Hopefully, you'll want to skin more again. :)

I still remember the last time i saw you make a skin (actually, it was just a face), you started this thread on skinning faces..in just 30 minutes. I was really impressed. :cool:

The new bases look really nice. I really hope to see you use them in the near future. :)

Previsionary

Oh, here we go... Syn has fallen back into his obsession. Synny-face, I'll gladly host your newest set of skin if you want me to, considering I tried to gather all your released meshes, and I still have some of your older skins from the asylum days.
Disappear when you least expe--

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

laughing paradox

Welcome back to the skinning fold. Bane is looking pretty sharp.. I dig the mask.

UnkoMan

So muscley!
Well, hopefully you throw a few more things our way, bud.

Deaths Jester

*breaks out the whip*  Alrighty, Syn, I know this is the only way to ever get you to finish anything!  *snaps the whip* SO get to work!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnfluffyBunny

you know that's TOTALLY not gonna work....

>.>
Spoiler

GOD DAMNIT!

(didn't feel upto working on the male heavy base so I played with the male basic base instead, spent way too long on the face, something i'm also extremely out of practice on, been a long time since i've had to draw a face and my tablet is still packed up from when I moved 2 years ago....)

Helix

Just.....WOW!!!

Incredible detail, Syn! That is beautiful, man.

UnfluffyBunny

thankyou :)
I was kinda annoyed as I couldn't get a good zoom with ctool (taskmaster variant) so I threw the model into blender to snap a quick face shot, as you can see, it's very rough, after my 4th start over I just moved on, it's something i'm going to have to practice again and "comic" really isn't a "natural" style for me >.>

Helix

Well, I can't do faces at all, so that looks pretty darn good to me...especially given that you haven't done any skinning in quite a while. I wouldn't hang up on it too much if I were you. You don't see them up that close in the game anyway.

On the faces I have attempted (which the public shall NEVER see), I always pull the top edge of the eyeholes down to the bottom edge of the eyebrow just so I don't have to deal with drawing the darn things. Ha!

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 25, 2012, 02:15:04 AM
I was kinda annoyed as I couldn't get a good zoom with ctool (taskmaster variant) so I threw the model into blender to snap a quick face shot, as you can see, it's very rough, after my 4th start over I just moved on, it's something i'm going to have to practice again and "comic" really isn't a "natural" style for me >.>

Trevor Goodchild in a role that will surprise you...;)

Welcome back, Syn. :)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Tomato

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 25, 2012, 02:15:04 AM
thankyou :)
I was kinda annoyed as I couldn't get a good zoom with ctool (taskmaster variant)

I found a way to fix that problem actually... if you want you can send me the nif and I'll correct it for you. It's really just a matter of shrinking down all the extras in the nif via nifskope (the keyframes will tell the extras what size to be once they load, so shrinking them in the .nif doesn't actually change anything) so Ctool focuses on the body.

UnfluffyBunny

thanks for the replies guys,
I may look into using a different mesh, as i'm not 100% on the lower face on this one, maybe it's just me being away for too long and being forgetful but I don't seem to remember the eyes staying in proportion between UV and mesh, but the lower face just stretching vertically :/
Tho... more than likely i'll call this a "good effort" for getting back into rhythm and move on, as i'm overall happy with using this mesh

Outcast

Makes one wonder what it would look like if you weren't that out of practice. I really like the details on the skins. :)

Nice close up shot on the face with Blender too. I can see the hand drawn face very clearly. Neat. :)

TonmaFan

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 20, 2012, 09:25:58 PM
This is flawless. O_O
Loving the male_basic base, are you going to release it? :D
I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnfluffyBunny

thanks guys :) i'm gonna try and fix caps nose a little atleast before settling, as for the base, I see no reason not to make it available to anyone who wants it, when I organize a release for skins i'll be sure to pack em up too.

Sledgehammer

Wow, and to think you're out of practice...

Bane is extremely good, and that Cap face is very expressive and detailed. I get a comic book feel from it, if you ask me.

UnfluffyBunny

blergh for the 3rd time writing this, (apparently FR detected a virus on my pc, despite my antivirus being upto date and not catching anything, so on my laptop while my pc does a full scan ¬_¬)

SO, between being under the weather and looking after my daughter who's been sick the last few days, not much time for skinning, but I sat down thisafternoon and played around, I stumbled across a gallery on deviantart with some pretty cool designs and decided to do a few of the costume variants for one of their characters, i'll probably revisit their gallery sometime because they got some real interesting designs in there.
I went for 4 simple costumes, I mostly wanted to practice face and hair, tho I can't say i'm happy with either, but I think my mesh choice had a lot of influence on how the face came out this time round.

anyway, keeping this short cos I feel like.... well... not good :P
incase anyone wants to check out the guys gallery and designs here's a link http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/art/Stars-Updated-148583707?

[edit]
virus scan complete.... nothing found.... editing this to see if it'll let me post now

UnkoMan

Hey, I dig it! Those look great. I'll have to check out that fella's gallery. Are you sending him your skins?

Also, that face is smashing. It's a good style you got going on there.

Cyber Burn

Wow, any chance of a release on these?

UnfluffyBunny

I contemplated sending the guy pics, but it looks like the account might be inactive, even so I might see if he's got work somewhere he is active, but i'd want to have more than those 4 before considering it.
I'll see about organising a release today (gotto sort out portraits and readme's for mesh locations)

[edit]
release thread:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55337.0

spydermann93