News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How to merge the zip files of DCUG into one?

Started by danzrocker, March 13, 2012, 10:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danzrocker

Hey Guys, Ok so i finally downloaded the whole entire awesome dc dream mod DCUG damn its big but then again its special and unique in its own way.The main problem is that i still can`t figure out which software should be used for merging all 12 zip files into one or to be more precise what i am saying is How do you actually combine several zip files into one and which program would be appropriate enough to do the job.Though it may sound like that i am actually acting like a newbie the problem is that i can`t really understand highly technical stuff though not at a high level yet still quite technical and though i`ve done the extractions of several rar files into folders or a single file before but these are neither zip nor rar. Incase you guys ask which programs i use for extraction and compression i have enlisted them below:
7-Zip
Winrar
Universal Extractor

Thanks for listening dudes! All help is much appreciated and i am really for all advices and responses in advance.BYe  ^_^

BentonGrey

Whew Danz, make sure to put spaces between your sentences!  Haha, I'm out of breath after reading that. ;)  Your issue doesn't make you sound like a newbie, so no worries.  If I had a nickel for everyone who had asked me that question, I could just retire and do this full time.  I really need to reupload the mod in a different fashion, but it's just too darn big. 

Anyway, to unpack it, the best thing to do is:
Put all the pieces in the same place, select ALL of them, right click, go down to 7-ZIP, select "Extract," and just point the path to your FF2 directory.  It will take a little while, but once it is done you should have a folder reading "DCUG" in your FF2 directory.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Hey Benton, will the sequel be an add-on to the DCUG, or a whole new mod?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 14, 2012, 12:14:30 AM
Hey Benton, will the sequel be an add-on to the DCUG, or a whole new mod?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm excited for his Marvel mod

BentonGrey

Hey CB, the sequel will indeed be an add-on.  I'm probably going to swing back to the DCUG after I finish the Marvel mod and the next installment for the TMNT mod.  I'm for sure going to finish (FINALLY!) the last two missions of the JLA/JSA crossover.  I'll also be putting together the first five or so missions of the Aquaman mod (also finally!) thanks to the incredible work of Randomdays, who has provided all the fish I'll ever need!  Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what it will entail, so if you've got any favorite characters you want to see in a story, now's the time to make suggestions.

Thanks Spydermann!  I've been distracted lately, but I'm trying to get back to work on it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 14, 2012, 01:22:00 AM
Hey CB, the sequel will indeed be an add-on.  I'm probably going to swing back to the DCUG after I finish the Marvel mod and the next installment for the TMNT mod.  I'm for sure going to finish (FINALLY!) the last two missions of the JLA/JSA crossover.  I'll also be putting together the first five or so missions of the Aquaman mod (also finally!) thanks to the incredible work of Randomdays, who has provided all the fish I'll ever need!  Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what it will entail, so if you've got any favorite characters you want to see in a story, now's the time to make suggestions.

Thanks Spydermann!  I've been distracted lately, but I'm trying to get back to work on it.

*breaks out the whip once more and cracks it over Benton's head*  Back to work, you lay about!  Ignore everything else...you know how things work around here!!!  Don't make me break out the maul!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.