News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

GL and SC Lantern power Fx From DCUO For FFVTTR?

Started by danzrocker, March 17, 2012, 08:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

danzrocker

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 14, 2012, 10:28:35 PM
Hey Dan, check the "Releases" section for my newest catch of FX's. The Shuriken are in there.

My Apologies for a late reply but then again better late than ever, Nice Job CB! Don`t worry about other people `s criticizing opnions just let it fly over your head. Funny come to think of it, you are really one of the best active skinners and fx creators i know of. And don`t worry about your skills (which are at a level which people like myself and amazo just dream of becoming) Infact ,experience is all that it takes to take one `s talents to even greater and higher levels of excellence. So best of luck in your future conquests and works of art. Also Thanks a lot for helping me with the mod and the FXs you created on my request that was really very nice of you.  ^_^

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: danzrocker on April 16, 2012, 08:19:51 PM

(which are at a level which people like myself and amazo just dream of becoming)

nope, not me. i have no artistic side at all, so i have no dreams of reching cybers level of skill. i know it will never happen.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

danzrocker

^_^ :) :D :lol: That was kinda ...just kinda funny. Ok it was good.

Cyber Burn

In regards to skinning, I consider myself a D lister at best, I've always made it clear that I am NOT an artist in any way, shape, or form, but FX'ing is actually kind of interesting, I'm sorry now that I let Prev hog the spotlight for so long. I'll never be as good as him, but it will be fun to try to get there.  :D

I have a few more Lantern FX on the way, based on Renegade's Captain America Shield throw FX. Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue.

Now, though, what to do next?

SickAlice

My own notes, and sorry if anyone got to them already:
- I wouldn't do the helicopter nor hand as an FX (I thought there was a big green hand already though?). I would do them as a Summon customization.
I don't know if we have a working helicopter, or one of that class, but I'm sure a model could be dopped up into any plane for FFVTR. The hand I would use a mesh
like Mr.Fantastic, or Morph, or a symbiote. I'd resize whatever attachment in question, and add a hand mesh obj if needed. Then hide all the mesh pieces but that, and
for the Summon have only the according animation play through once, then the instance dies/destroys self and disappears.
- If your still looking for accuracy, I know there's someone on the Spriters Resource message board extracting models from that game and volunteering to take requests
(you've seen these all over the web and on every free model site already I'm certain). Noting the polycount, I've looked at some of the models he pulled, and it's not actually
that high, not high enough where it would effect game play, especially in this ay in age where most of us have faster PC's than when FF first came out. Most of the detail on that
stuff is actually in the skin.

Cyber Burn

If I remember correctly, there's a helicopter mesh by Valandar floating around somewhere...NPI I think.

heroidosilencio

Cyber Burn, you said ''Giving Kilowog a hammer or other weapons, not without losing the GL animations. That's still above my current level of skoping.''

I guess that the secreat for doing this is copyng, for exemple, Thor's Hammer to the same place where the sword of Kayler Rayner is.

Buf before that, open the nod called sword from Kayler Rayner and see wrich name of mesh it has. For exemple, it might look like mesh 223.

Then, you copy the hammer and after pasting, you rename this nod, to mesh 223, or just like it should be. And it shall do the trick.

heroidosilencio

Hey, Cyber Burn you said:

Attack Type: Ranged
Attack sub type: Projectile
Start: Bip01 R Forearm
Launch: Blank
Core: Bip01 R Hand
End: Blank
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These settings work, but the gun will stay hovering over your character for the rest of the game in Rumble Room.

Do you know how I can make an ffx last longer? For exemple, using the green jet for Hal Jordan, I make the airplane appear. Then, the airplane shoots the enemy and after that it ocurrs an explosion close to the enemy.

But, my airplane disapear too fast... Is there any way to make it last longer?? I got three diferent files. START, CORE and END. What I wanted was to make the START file from the FFX last longer, wrich happens to be the file where the green airplane is.

I tried to make something alike the first picture Dan posted.

Cyber Burn

If I remember correctly, there is a way to extend the length of time that an FX runs, I did something similar for the Captain America Rally FX that I did for Benton's Marvel Adventures Mod. I would have to find my notes on this to see if they would even work on this FX.

Neros Urameshi

I would love to have all the Green Lantern FX (all color versions included)! May I have some, please?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: heroidosilencio on December 01, 2016, 01:47:49 AM
Hummm. Ok. It woud be very useful.

Because I used the green jet and the green canon to make an FX just like the one from the first picture of this topic.

The (START) green jet appear (but it appears very quickly)
The (core) green canon appears, just like bullets and runs to the target
And then, in the (END) we have the esplosion.

The sad thing is that the green jet disapear very fast after dropping the bombs...

Hey Hero, could you please send me your (FX.DAT) File, and the Hero File for the Character that is using this FX? That will let me make sure I am using the same settings that you are using. But just a heads up, due to current circumstances, it may take a while for me to get to this.