News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's FX Thread

Started by Cyber Burn, March 18, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 23, 2012, 03:51:28 PM
thats a shame, i hope the creation bug bites you again.

Thanks Robot, me too. I'm just out of ideas for now.  :banghead:

BentonGrey

Hey CB, you've got some neat stuff here.  These are some nice additions to the FX pantheon. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Here's the texture for the Hawkeye Arrows in my new FX release, it's a bit hard to see in game, so I thought I'd post it here.

Cyber Burn

I can't believe that I just overwrote my FX.dat with on older file...sooo many FX's to re-install now...grrr.  :banghead:

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 18, 2012, 05:19:07 PM
I can't believe that I just overwrote my FX.dat with on older file...sooo many FX's to re-install now...grrr.  :banghead:

sorry to read that, cybes, but now you know to keep up-to-date backups stored away. I learned that the hard way as well, lol.
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

Thanks Prev...Live and learn, I guess.

Noob question: What's the "Track Rot" do in FFEdit for  :ffvstr:?

Previsionary

track rotation? IIRC, it tells the fx to follow the limb/body part movements of its origin point. You mostly see that with the melee FX (EX: El Diablo).

BentonGrey

Hey CB, ever given any thought to creating a green Cap shield for the Adaptoid?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Nevermind, it looks different in-game, I'll have to re-do it.

Cyber Burn

Done, I just cant get a screen cap of it. I'll release it this weekend with my next batch of FX's.

Previsionary

That shield base (the 3d model) looks familiar. Is it built on Gren's?

BTW, how did you go about recoloring it? The earlier pics looks like a lot of the red is seeping through, if you get what I mean.

P.S., since you've made a few FX now, you should consider adding it (+ some sounds) to PFX 1.2, just for easy installation for those who don't want to tussle with FFEdit. I mean, I'm probably not going to mess with it anymore.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Previsionary on August 19, 2012, 03:15:33 AM

BTW, how did you go about recoloring it? The earlier pics looks like a lot of the red is seeping through, if you get what I mean.

P.S., since you've made a few FX now, you should consider adding it (+ some sounds) to PFX 1.2, just for easy installation for those who don't want to tussle with FFEdit. I mean, I'm probably not going to mess with it anymore.

The first one is Ren's, the second is Gren's. The colors do seep through which is why I did the second version.

With Ren's I used Nifskope to re-color it, but in game, it just didn't take.

As far as sounds, I don't mess with them since I always have the sound on mute.

I wouldn't begin to know where to start with an installer like PFX, that's why I always include my FX.dat files. It's easier to merge dats than to install everything by hand.

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 19, 2012, 04:39:36 AM
Quote from: Previsionary on August 19, 2012, 03:15:33 AM

The first one is Ren's, the second is Gren's. The colors do seep through which is why I did the second version.

With Ren's I used Nifskope to re-color it, but in game, it just didn't take.

As far as sounds, I don't mess with them since I always have the sound on mute.

I wouldn't begin to know where to start with an installer like PFX, that's why I always include my FX.dat files. It's easier to merge dats than to install everything by hand.

I'll talk to you about it later when I actually have time to think in full sentences and not fragments, heh. Hopefully, you'll have a fx.dat with all your fx installed by then, and I'll do the rest.

BentonGrey

Haha, CB, you're the man.  That was quick!  I feel like I turned around, and *poof* you already had it done.  Great work man, that looks fantastic!  I think I'll include that in the Marvel mod if you don't mind. :D
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 20, 2012, 03:24:40 AM
Haha, CB, you're the man.  That was quick!  I feel like I turned around, and *poof* you already had it done.  Great work man, that looks fantastic!  I think I'll include that in the Marvel mod if you don't mind. :D

Anything I have, skin, skope, or FX...you are absolutely welcome to use in any mod, as is any other modder. I'd be honoered.  :thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

interesting choices for your fx. i like the thug grenades.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 21, 2012, 08:32:45 PM
interesting choices for your fx. i like the thug grenades.

Thanks Robot, for the most part, I'm just experimenting with simple Nif switches.

Cyber Burn

A Mjolnir just for the Super Adaptoid.  :D  Still a work in progress though.[/quote]

Amazo Version 2.2

just cureous, what do you have for the end
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Amazo Version 2.2

Cyber Burn

No problem.

This next active_defense shield comes in orange and red.

BentonGrey

Ohh, neat!  You're going to make me edit his herofile, aren't you? :D
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 29, 2012, 07:08:43 PM
Ohh, neat!  You're going to make me edit his herofile, aren't you? :D

Yes, yes I am. Want anything else for Super Adaptoid? And when do you need them by?  :D

BentonGrey

Haha, slave driver. ^_^  I THINK that the shield is all I really need...I can't check my files at the moment, but I'm planning on sending this to my testers sometime to the end of the next week.  Anytime before then would be awesome.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Cool, I've got about 10 - 12 new FX that I can release as a pack today or tomorrow.

Cyber Burn

A "Rally the Troops" effect for Chinese characters, I also have Japan finished. Mexico and Ireland are in the works. Are there any other countries that anyone else would want a "Rally the Troops" effect for? I'd be willing to at least give it a shot.