News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's FX Thread

Started by Cyber Burn, March 18, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Hmm...we've got Canada already, right?  What about Russia?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I actually re-did Canada, and did a Soviet Flag as well. They are in one of my previous releases.  :D

Cyber Burn

So I'm going to dust off this thread since I've been somewhat delving back into FX's. I've got a handful that I'm currently working on, but I want to have a reason to try new things. As such, if anyone is interested, I would be willing to at least try to fill a few FX requests. If possible, let me know if your request is for FF1 or FFvt3R.

My only condition is that whoever makes a request, please do not go overboard. For example, don't tell me that you're re-doing all your Hero Files for the X-Men, and now you need new, custom FX for each Character...Time is still somewhat limited, so something like that probably won't happen.

I'll do my best to fill your requests, but please be patient.

trebean

Red Lantern Blood Vomit Beam?   :)

Also, just a thought, but is it possible to say rig Sick Alice's Orange Lanterns Nif File (Glomulus for example) and say turn it to a projectile?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: trebean on June 29, 2014, 07:09:00 AM
Red Lantern Blood Vomit Beam?   :)

Also, just a thought, but is it possible to say rig Sick Alice's Orange Lanterns Nif File (Glomulus for example) and say turn it to a projectile?

The first one, I should be able to do, the second one, may be above my current skill level, I'll give them both a try, but if I can't figure out the Glomulus projectile, then I'll keep it on my list until I can.

abenavides

I may have a few request! Let me get organized and I'll send em your way.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

I think that the "Red Lantern Blood Vomit Beam" is finished. It SHOULD work for both Games. Anyone want to give it a try and send me some feedback?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 30, 2014, 03:55:57 AM
I think that the "Red Lantern Blood Vomit Beam" is finished. It SHOULD work for both Games. Anyone want to give it a try and send me some feedback?

I will!  I love being Guinea Pig :ph34r:

spydermann93

Well, I just tested out the new Blood Vomit in-game, and I'm really loving the look.

If you're going more for a comic feel, perhaps the blood could be a bit brighter.  From the pics that I've seen, the blood was a brighter red of blood-plasma while in-game, it looks a bit darker.  Honestly, though, it still looks really good.  Looks more like "real" blood than the bright red that is shown in the comics.

Cyber Burn

Thanks Spyder, when I did a Google search for Red Lanterns, I saw some pics with the brighter Red, some with the darker Red, and some with an almost Pink color. I didn't care too much for the Pink for a Red Lantern, but maybe I can do a second version of this with the brighter Red, that way players can have a little more variety.

Cyber Burn

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a while since I have read anything with the Lanterns. Trebean, do you have any specific pics that I could use for reference for the Orange Lantern FX?

Quote from: trebean on June 29, 2014, 07:09:00 AM

I should also mention that since SickAlice's Orange Lanterns are for FFvt3R only, if I am able to pull this off, then the FX would probably be FFvt3R exclusive.

trebean

Couldn't really find some good reference pics

Best of what I came up with.
To put simply,sometimes Larfleeze commands his constructs to go after his enemies, I had Glomulus  in mind for this in an alternative to summoning since that's how Larfleeze commonly uses him (Sicking the enemy with him) and there's only 3 summoning slots.

Cyber Burn

Cool, I do have some ideas, I'll just have to see if any of them actually work.

daglob

There is a yellow Raptor FX that I give Karu Cill (SP?) to simulate her siccing the constructs of her former family on someone. Somethign like that as a projectile? How hard would it be to turn  a regular mesh into a FX? Something like that must have been done with the Demon attack and the Phoenix Astral...

Cyber Burn

I think the more complex FX, like that, may have been done with 3ds Max, but I'm reading everything I can find on FX creation, and it should be possible to create an FX using a regular Mesh. At least a single piece Mesh, I haven't found anything yet that talks about Skopes or anything like that.

Cyber Burn

Made an adjustment to the first post.

The Red Lantern Vomit Beam is complete and will be sent to Alex for his next EZFX update (Along with a few others as well  :D).

Cyber Burn

I've been going through some of my newer FX and I'm noticing that some of the FX are brighter in game than they are supposed to be. It looks like it may be the "Spark" Emitters in the "End" Nif. Any suggestions on how I could darken just those Emitters? I've darkened the TGA Files...A lot...but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Cyber Burn

1.) How do you know what Node to point an FX at?

For example, I'm making a Rally FX for Captain America, I originally based it on Minute Man's "Rally" FX, and the Nodes looked like this:

Node Attachment Points:

Start: Centre            (Track Rot: On)

Launch:

Core: Centre            (Track Rot: On)

End: Centre            (Track Rot: On)

I switched out the Nifs, but left the Nodes the same, in game, it appeared as if the FX was originating at Cap's waist.

I changed the Node points to this:

Node Attachment Points:

Start: Bip01 Head   (Track Rot: On)

Launch:

Core: Bip01 Head      (Track Rot: On)

End: Centre          (Track Rot: On)

Now the FX is at a weird angle and off to the side. I'm still experimenting, trying to get this to look right, but does anyone have suggestions, or know where a Tutorial is that explains all this stuff about FX?

2.) Noob question time: Other than loading the game up each and every time I want to see an FX in action, is there any other way to see what your FX looks like from start to end?

daglob

Could be worse; I've got a couple of FX that originate underground.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on July 12, 2014, 08:03:50 PM
Could be worse; I've got a couple of FX that originate underground.

I think the end point was underground on this one too, I couldn't get it to show in-game.

I ended up re-doing this from scratch, but now I can't seem to run my game to check it out.  :banghead:

Cyber Burn

Since I needed a distraction, I think I may be able to have a Beta Version of the "Orange Lantern Glomulus Projectile Attack" finished either tonight or tomorrow (FFvt3R Exclusive though, sorry). Anyone want to be a guinea pig for me and try it out?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 13, 2014, 04:18:47 AM
Since I needed a distraction, I think I may be able to have a Beta Version of the "Orange Lantern Glomulus Projectile Attack" finished either tonight or tomorrow (FFvt3R Exclusive though, sorry). Anyone want to be a guinea pig for me and try it out?

*Raises both hands and one foot*

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 12, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

I'm making a Rally FX for Captain America, I originally based it on Minute Man's "Rally" FX

Were you able to check out my Cap Rally FX on Force of Paradox? (not to step on your toes  :P ) I don't remember having any issues with it originating in a different spot than Minuteman's Rally, which I also copied mine from.

Edit: The problem may stem from the Nifs that you replaced the original ones with were set with a different orientation than the originals. For example, let's say the original flags were oriented 5 feet above the ground (in game measurements), but the we'll say you switched them out with your own flag nifs that are oriented on the ground. It looks like you were able to compensate for this, but I'm not sure why things are at angle and off to the side. I guess it would help to check out the nifs in Nifskope and see where the X, Y, and Z axes are in relation to everything.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 13, 2014, 04:42:54 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 13, 2014, 04:18:47 AM

*Raises both hands and one foot*

You've got mail!  :D

Quote from: hoss20 on July 13, 2014, 07:23:51 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 12, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

I'm making a Rally FX for Captain America, I originally based it on Minute Man's "Rally" FX

Were you able to check out my Cap Rally FX on Force of Paradox? (not to step on your toes  :P ) I don't remember having any issues with it originating in a different spot than Minuteman's Rally, which I also copied mine from.

Yeah, I like how yours turned out, but I went a different route with mine. I ditched the Flags and added a Billboard. Now the only issue is placing it correctly, it appears a little to high in game still.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: trebean on July 02, 2014, 08:14:28 AM
Couldn't really find some good reference pics

Best of what I came up with.
To put simply,sometimes Larfleeze commands his constructs to go after his enemies, I had Glomulus  in mind for this in an alternative to summoning since that's how Larfleeze commonly uses him (Sicking the enemy with him) and there's only 3 summoning slots.

The Glomulus Projectile FX is finished.

Also, I updated my first post to reflect what is currently finished.

Cyber Burn

So I was going through my FX, trying to make sure everything was in order before I sent the updated files out, and I found a few issues with a couple of my FX's.

1. I have a "Rally" FX for "Captain America". Basically, I removed the Flags from the "Minuteman_Rally", and added a Billboard to have Text displayed rather than the Flags. Unfortunately, I'm having 2 issues with this FX, the first, is that the Text, is really up high, making it difficult to see when using the FX, the second issue, is that the Text flashes very quickly, and then is gone.

Does anyone know how I would lower the Text in the FX so that it has better visibility? And does anyone know how to extend the length of an FX?

2. The next problems I am having are with FX I made for "Magneto". One FX is a Crushing FX, and the other is a Holding FX (Like a Stasis). Both FX play out the way that I want them to, with the exception of instead of being at ground level, they are at waist level, making the FX look a bit off.

Would anyone have some suggestions on how to adjust the FX to fix these issues?

Thank you in advance for any help sent my way.

hoss20

1. There should be somewhere on the nif to extend or shorten the time it appears for. I'll have to check later to find out where.

2. Have you already set the Start, Launch/Core, End nodes to bottom? Which ones you select to change depend on the original FX you used to create yours. If you already have changed the nodes, then you may have to actually move the nif(s) in Nifskope down lower. Unfortunately, it looks like you're going to have to do a lot of back and forth between Nifskope and the starting up the game to test things out.

Cyber Burn

1. Thanks Hoss, yeah, if you know where to look in the Nif File to alter the time it appears for, that would be awesome, because as of right now, I am stumped.

You have always been a major help with NifSkope for me Hoss, and this time is no different. I just want to make sure you know I appreciate it. Thank you.

2. With you mentioning the original FX that were used, I went back and found Nif Files that did what I want, so it looks like I have the "Magneto" FX's fixed.

I've already got the Nif Files set up for "Boomerang" (I made a few changes to the originals), and am starting to set up what I need for "Porcupine".

If anyone has suggestions for "Porcupine" (Currently, I only have a few quill attacks in line, piercing and explosive), I am open to suggestions.

And finally, I have the "Glomulus" FX finished, but I need to add sounds to it, unfortunately, I'm not sure what sounds to use. I'd be happy to send the FX out for someone to preview if they are willing to give some suggestions for the sounds. I should mention that this one is FFvt3R only (Sorry, it was based on SA's "Glomulus" Mesh").