News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's FX Thread

Started by Cyber Burn, March 18, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Beta testing after dinner. Question: Do the textures go in the _textures directory or remain in their individual FX directories. I know the former is the usual course though I'm only double checking since this isn't indicated in the set-ups and I don't want to go through the files again. Thanks.

Cyber Burn

Yeah, the Textures (Should be DDS Files) will go into the "_textures" File. I normally try to have a "generic" and a "_textures" Folder with the correct Files in them since it makes it easier to just drop and go, but between the increase in my Migraines, and issues with Work and School, I must have zoned out a bit when packing these up.

SickAlice

Thanks, just making sure. Trust me your allowed. I have a lot of mounting stuff myself. Needless to say I got foggy enough that I couldn't recall whether or not I'd actually taken a shower yesterday or not. Then I came to the conclusion that it was Monday rather than Friday as I had previously believed.  :huh:

Okay, I tried them out using Mario in the City against stubs (mbeffects in my game). They look great especially the fireball bounce effect. No defects that I could see. Thanks to you and to Windblown for these great things. Hopefully I can off my duff and return the favor soon.

Cyber Burn

All credit goes to WindBlown here, I never would have gotten that bounce effect without his instructions.

SickAlice

Nah, your both awesome!  :thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: SickAlice on February 11, 2015, 09:39:04 PM
Nah, your both awesome!  :thumbup:

agreed  :thumbup: but now i am curious, what's next?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

As for what's next...

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 10, 2015, 06:11:22 PM
Just a little update to keep me motivated:

Electro (Marvel Comics) - In the process of adding these to my (Sounds.Dat), plus I am still having some color issues that need to be addressed.

Joker (SickAlice's "DOTF" Version) - Added 2 more FX, for a total of 7, but I think I'd like to get some feedback before releasing these.

Superman (DC Comics) - Wasn't happy with the new versions, so I want to re-do them. Still not happy with these, so another update is in order.

Cyber Burn (Avatar) - Need to fix one of the Ranged Attacks, but otherwise, I think I'm done.

Shield Throws (Using Murs' and AA's Shield Textures) - Kind of finished, but I think I'd like to get some feedback before releasing these.  Still not happy with these, so another update is in order.

Rock Python (Marvel Comics) - Still haven't gotten around to adding these to my Dat Files yet.  Haven't touched these yet, kind of burned out still on FFEdit.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 02, 2015, 12:54:13 AM
So I am currently working on some FX for SickAlice's Retro Characters, with this being the basic list:

Mario

FireBall
IceBall
Green Shell
Big Fist
MegaVitamins

Bowser

Bullet Bill
Thwomp
Hammer Throw
Roar

Princesses

Various Weapons
Various Vegetables

Yoshi

Yoshi Egg

Hammer/Boomerang Brothers

Hammer
Boomerang

Donkey Kong

Banana Peel
Hammer
Barrel

These will be done in no particular order, mainly I'll work on these as I have free time. So far, I currently have a Fire Ball, Ice Ball, and Green Turtle Shell for Mario, and the Yoshi Egg, and Bullet Bill are currently in progress. Unfortunately, though, Bullet Bill is giving me some grief in the Mapping department, not a major issue, but my OCD may make me start over from scratch.

I should probably send what I do have finished to Alex, and see if he's interested in adding them to his EZFX, but otherwise, I still have quite a bit to do.

Cyber Burn

My original Post:

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 26, 2015, 09:27:34 PM
I'm messing with the "Anvil_Drop" FX that is found in Bujin's section of FXForce. I had planned on Skoping it into a new FX, but I can't seem to get the original to work for me. That said, does anyone have a working "Anvil_Drop" FX for FFvt3R that they could send me please? Also, I don't know if I have the correct settings in FFEdit for the FX. If someone could hook me up with those as well, I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you.

My updated Post:

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 26, 2015, 09:42:04 PM
Ok, the "Anvil_Drop" FX does work (Yes, I'm a bonehead, I know). However, the only way that you can see the FX, seems to be if you have the camera looking down from right over it. Does anyone happen to have suggestions on how to make the Anvil visible from a lower angle?

Even though I am still working on Mario's FX, I figured I would start the one's for Bowser as well.

Bullet_Bill: Because of the Mapping issues I was having, I downloaded a new copy of this from: http://www.models-resource.com/
I played around with it in Blender (Not that I really had any clue what I was doing), and exported it as a Nif File. Currently, I have a somewhat working "Bullet_Bill" FX.

Thwomp: This is the FX that I'm having issues with. While testing it out, over and over again, whatever I used it against received damage, but I couldn't see the Core Nif. Now, however, I figured out that if you're looking down at whatever the victim is from a high camera angle, then you can see it. Not happy with this, so it still needs work.

Roar: Somewhat working, but I think I need to find a way to move it higher, currently, it looks like it's coming from Bowser's stomach.

Hammer: I haven't started this one yet, I haven't found a Hammer that I'm happy with yet. I'll try and post a pic of what I'm looking for.

Amazo Version 2.2

if you want, let me know if you need a tester. and if you want, post a pic of the hammer you want and i'll try to help you find one.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Yeah, let me figure out what I did to my Dat Files (I'm using different ones for each FX Group), and I'll get back to you.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 06, 2015, 02:39:02 PM
if you want, let me know if you need a tester. and if you want, post a pic of the hammer you want and i'll try to help you find one.

Here's a pic of the Hammer I'd like to use for Bowser, I'd appreciate any help finding one.

hoss20

The hammer from Irrational's Order is pretty darn close and the good thing, unlike a lot of their meshes, is that the mesh is not all one piece and the hammer is separate. The handle might be a touch long, but that can be adjusted.

Cyber Burn

Much obliged Hoss, I'll check that out to see how it works. Thank you.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 27, 2015, 12:03:50 AM

Roar: Somewhat working, but I think I need to find a way to move it higher, currently, it looks like it's coming from Bowser's stomach.

i was looking at the bowser mesh in nifskope, and i noticed that there was a "Bip01 Head" node, and a "dragonhead" node. the dragonhead is a bit higiher than the head. when you're setting up your roar fx in ffedit, which node are you using?

Cyber Burn

I was using the "Head" Node, but now I'll have to try the other. Thank you Robot.  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

That seems to have fixed my issue with the "Roar" FX, now if I could just get my "Thwomp" FX to work right, I'd be good to go.  :D

Cyber Burn

"Thwomp", "Roar", and "Bullet Bill", respectively. All 3 still need some work, but I'm getting there.  :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, my production rate is going to be reduced to an extremely slow rate. Between Work, Class, Family issues, and me just not feeling well in general, I'm finding myself with less and less time to work on my FX. I had already sent quite a few FX to Alex for a possible inclusion in his next EZFX, but the next batch won't make it to him any time soon.

As for what I'm now working on, or have finished, we're looking at:

Shield Throw – Captain Grand Fenwick

Easter Egg – Explosion

Easter Egg – Fire

Easter Egg – Gas

Easter Egg – Ice

Easter Egg – Sonic

Easter Egg – Tangle Wire

Bowser – Bullet Bill

Bowser – Roar

Bowser – Thwomp

Banshee – Multiple FX's

Boomer (Boom Boom) – Time Bomb

Cable – Updated Eye Repel

There are others in the works at various stages, but these are closer to completion.

With the exception of the Shield Throw, the rest are for FFvt3R. I'll try to release these as I finish them, but that would mean that you guys would have to input everything into FFEdit as you go. I'll still take Requests, if they're specifically for me, then feel free to post your FX Request here. I can't promise that it will get filled quickly, but I'll do my best.

SickAlice

Sorry to hear your not feeling well more than anything else and of course you know dedicating your time and energy to your wellness is priority. My problems are acting up again, having problems walking, in pain and in bed a lot again. On the plus side that actually gives me more time to work on Freedom Force stuff as well to see movies. I finally saw Days Of Futures Past. Heck, I almost feel like I exist in this era, lol. Anyways feel better friend. Sorry I missed out on this Bowzer stuff. Yeah, I deformed the heck out of all the nodes on that one, sorry. It was either that or go through every keyframe value and redo the math for each to make it out so I took the easy way out. Sorry for any conflicts that caused.

Amazo Version 2.2

i wonder if you add a separate additional weapons node if you can get around that.

Cyber Burn

Hmmm...That's a thought, maybe I'll try messing around with that this weekend.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on April 20, 2015, 02:35:32 AM
Sorry I missed out on this Bowzer stuff. Yeah, I deformed the heck out of all the nodes on that one, sorry. It was either that or go through every keyframe value and redo the math for each to make it out so I took the easy way out. Sorry for any conflicts that caused.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier, no need to apologize my friend. I like a challenge, so I look forward to figuring this out.  :D

SickAlice

If you need any help let me know. I still have the work files for that one. When I move nodes I usually make a text file where I list the original positions of the nodes and the differences I made. Likewise though you could open up jik's dragon in nifskope and Bowzer and do a comparison. Mostly the adjustments there were made to the head, jaw and neck nodes. 

Cyber Burn

Bowser's "BulletBill" FX now works. I took Amazo's advice and added a new Weapon Node to the Mesh, moved it to right in front of Bowser, and named it "Bullet_Bill". Next I renamed the Start Node in FFEdit to "Bullet_Bill". Now, the FX is pretty much good to go. If Sick Alice doesn't mind, when I release the FX, I'll release the updated Character Nif for Bowser as well. Or if someone needs the Mesh sooner, I could E-Mail it out (With SA's permission first). Now I just need to figure out how to fix the "Thwomp" FX.  :banghead:

My Banshee FX's, not quite turning out the way I planned, so they still need quite a bit of work.

Rock Python's FX are coming along, but I still need to make some adjustments to them.

Of course, I don't think I've touched the "Sounds" DAT File yet. For some reason, I tend to get burned out quicker going through that one.  :thumbdown:

SickAlice

Go ahead. In fact if you want email me the updated mesh and I'll replace the one my site with it and make an announcement that he's at 2.0. That way we can prevent people from getting the old one.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on April 28, 2015, 06:15:20 PM
Go ahead. In fact if you want email me the updated mesh and I'll replace the one my site with it and make an announcement that he's at 2.0. That way we can prevent people from getting the old one.

Perfect, you have mail!  :D

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen Alchemiss' "Ward" Passive Defense FX  actually work in FFvt3R? I've spent half the day experimenting with it so I can make some new Passive Defense FX's, but for the life of me, I can't get this to work.  :banghead:

BentonGrey

Just a quick note, CB, I've been testing some Marvel Adventures missions featuring several characters you created FX for, and I just wanted to say how awesome they looked.  They really look rather stupendous in action.  Thanks for the help, my friend!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Thanks Benton, I'm glad that I was able to help out. I've spent the last Month or so trying to clean up my Files, and get myself organized, I found all my unfinished FX, so I figured I'd start some new ones while I figure out where I left off on the old ones. My WIP File has about 100 FX in it, and I have no clue as to what's what. I had also wanted to redo a bunch of my Skopes before I started Classes back up, but I'm thinking it's going to either be the FX or the Skopes, I don't think I'll have time for both.  :(

Amazo Version 2.2

my fx folder is a disaster zone right now, so i can't really help you there, but maybe i can help you with some of your skopes and save you some time. if you're interested, just pm or e-mail me.