Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

A Sword of Atom episode would be cool.Or as close as we can get to that.  :)
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Glitch Girl

Matt Ryan is a treasure.  It's like Constantine just walked off the page.  I hope the rumor's I'm hearing about the series getting a reprieve are true (depending on the numbers this episode gets). 

Oh almost forgot - I like how they kind of addressed the events in the other series, implying that it took place about a year before events on the island with that line about angels (at least, that's how I read it).

In next week's teaser...
Spoiler
Ray's back and he shrunk himself WHEEEE!!!!
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

HarryTrotter

Did you catch that peacock feather?You know,like the NBC logo? ;)
Points for Damien being a bit more unique here.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

It was a feather from a DEAD peacock......tell us how you really feel, LOL!

I hope that they bring back Constantine, or at least let him guest star in the other shows.  Matt Ryan talents should not be wasted.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

Come on,like hes not going to show up on Supernatural?Like they would miss on that opportunity.
Jon Farmer

Nyte Dragon

Except Supernatural isn't part of the 'Flarrow' DCTV universe.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

HarryTrotter

Thats not such a big obstacle.If there is will,there is a way.
Way back in the Constantine thread somebody mentioned that Supernatural was planed to be in the Hellblazer universe,but CW couldn't get the rights at the time.
And Curtis had a Fair Play jacket.Good for him.
Btw I always wondered how will the show handle his origin story.Originally,it was Spectre who told him the story of Terry Sloane and motivated him to take the name Mr. Terrific.I assume that origin is NOT going to happen in any form.
Jon Farmer

Glitch Girl

Okay I confess I was a wee bit disappointed in this one.
Spoiler
I REALLY wanted more Adventures of Micro Ray.  I wanted to see him dealing with being tiny even just a little bit. I know they don't have the budget for that, but still... :(

Rescuing him also seemed a bit easy, though I did like the bits with Oliver and Darhk.  It's just Ray's Big/little problem seemed to be solved way too fast.

Still there were some fun bits in this episode, and a lot of coming to terms among the team. 

"Ray's the size of a tater tot!"  "Ray's the size of a Cheeto!"  Think Felicity might have been a wee bit hungry this episode?

One thing that bugged me: the whole Chicken Cordon Bleu thing.  You do NOT make Chicken Cordon Bleu with a WHOLE CHICKEN!  ARGH!

Okay so what was that circuit board looking thing Darhk had?  Anyone know?

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

HarryTrotter

I was saying we need a Sword of Atom episode.Story does get a little nod.
Did Felicity call Diggle Spartan,or did I just hear it wrong?
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on November 12, 2015, 06:50:38 PM
I was saying we need a Sword of Atom episode.Story does get a little nod.
Did Felicity call Diggle Spartan,or did I just hear it wrong?

She did.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Silver Shocker

I was also asking if we were going to get a loose adaptation of Sword of the Atom.

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 12, 2015, 04:22:01 PM
Okay I confess I was a wee bit disappointed in this one.
Spoiler

Okay so what was that circuit board looking thing Darhk had?  Anyone know?

Spoiler
I was wondering that too. I figured it was either a map of central city, or maybe we're just not supposed to know what it is and it will be made clear later.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

They killed
Spoiler
Felicity.
That was pretty predictable.And we all know its not gonna stick.
Genesis?There was a DC event with that name,but I dont really think its related?
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

My 2 cents:

Spoiler
I don't think she's dead.  I think they just cut up the scene to make it look like she's the one Oliver is at the grave site crying over.  I think she will be put out of commission for a few episodes, but she's not dead.  They done the That person is dead, so take them to the pit and bring back bit enough already.

Shogunn2517

To be perfectly honest, I believe it... for now.

Spoiler
I think she's dead.  Going back to the flash foward early in the season, as well as the clip last night.  It'll give the motivation Ollie will need to go through the season.  And someone has to die and it clearly has to have enough meaning to make Barry show up and make Ollie vengeful.  Who else could it be? Besides, this would be the perfect opportunity for Mr. Terrific to take her place as the nerdy techy person that they've been kind of setting up through the season.  I don't know what it will do with Emily Rickards and her contract with the show, but again, someone has to die.

Again, for now.  Like you said Jey, they've used the Lazarus Pit to undo every significant death in the show thus far.  So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that she'll come back to life somehow... which will cheapen the show IMO.  Some of the better shows on TV have significant characters die.  Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, even Smallville killed of Jonathan.  It helps drive the story.  But I guess we'll see

catwhowalksbyhimself

Don't forget
Spoiler
The Lazarus Pit has been destroyed.  Which I thought was a good move on the writer's part to prevent them from continuing to use it, or making it looking silly when they didn't use it after a character died.  I hope it stays gone, or at least inaccessible.

BWPS

Spoiler
She's not dead.

1. She's a fan favorite. I mean I literally just named my daughter after her. It'd be like killing Darryl off of TWD, people would stop watching. And so far they've written the show in a way that caters to the fans. People want Oliver and Felicity to get together even though he's with Laurel in the comics? They do. People want Oliver to shoot more arrows and kill people again? We got it.

2. They didn't show the gravestone in the flash forward to confirm. If she was really going to die they would have done that to generate a much bigger reaction.

I actually just had the two points so it seems silly to have numbered them.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Nyte Dragon

Spoiler
Felicity won't die, she'll be the "Flarrow"-verses version of Oracle.
I think the tombstone will be Capt. Lance's grave marker. That is still why Oliver blames himself, and why Felicity's mom was crying in previews. And Barry would show up at a fellow officers funeral, even in a different city.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

spydermann93

Silly CW, that's Unknown from Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Spoiler

BentonGrey

Interesting.  She looks okay for the character, though the costume looks like everything else from these shows.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

JeyNyce

She looks great and she sounds great if you guys ever watch the animated series online, but what bothers me (and it may sound silly) is her hair.  I'm not use to seeing Vixen with long hair

BentonGrey

Ahh, Jey, you just hit something I couldn't put my finger on.  That's exactly right.  It isn't necessarily bad, but that's part of why this looked a little off to me.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BWPS

Spoiler
Felicity not being able to walk is just too sad. Good episode though, I liked how Oliver freed Anarchy and then just said "make sure he's dead." I'd have let him blow torch Dark's family though, they were awful people. I wonder how they're going to be able to kill this tough customer. They haven't been working on plans for that as much as just saying they're going to kill him and then finding him and not doing a good job.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

HarryTrotter

Spoiler
Oliver's son is kidnapped.Name of the episode: Taken  :lol:
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

That was a really good episode.  One thing bothers me.....

Spoiler
At the end, Felicity was talking to Oliver and all of a sudden she was able to stand and walk, but instead of finishing her conversation, she just walks out.  That seemed kind of odd to me.

HarryTrotter

Now im interested to see what Constantine has been up to. :)
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Wild Dog cast for Season 5.  Have no idea who that is though.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 16, 2016, 01:05:12 AM
Wild Dog cast for Season 5.  Have no idea who that is though.

Punisher wannabe,in short.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Vigilante has been cast and it seems he will be the main antagonish for the season.

abenavides

Interesting that they've cast both Vigilante and Wild Dog - 2 "punisher" types.
Maybe next year's season arc is about vigilantes running wild in Star City and what Oliver does about it.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.