Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

I'm so glad this isn't a spinoff of Smallville from what I've read.
I like the costume. This has potential to be really great (by CW standards). Green Arrow has some good stories that translate well into TV. Let's hope the quality is closer to Ringer, Supernatural or Gossip Girl rather than Smallville.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

lugaru

I hope they stick to his leftist roots.

BentonGrey

Quote from: lugaru on March 20, 2012, 04:33:18 PM
I hope they stick to his leftist roots.

Urg...I hope they don't hit that drum too hard.  I've always hated him as a freaking hippie.  JLU had a nice balance of someone who leaned left, but who, at the same time, wasn't constantly beating everyone over the head with his politics. 

As for this show, ehhh.  I don't have a whole lot of interest.  It's not that I have any problems with it, but I have to say they haven't gotten my attention yet.  That image of the costume shows more of the "Everything must be leather!" superhero design mindset that I'm not so fond of.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

I'm just wondering why they let Justin Hartley get away. Green Arrow is one of my fave DC properties (but definitely not in the past few years, oi vey), so I'm going to be positive and hope the show comes out okay, if only to show DC that the non-trinity heroes can carry a show and deserve some spotlight.
Disappear when you least expe--

bredon7777

If it's based on the Longbow Hunters, I'm probably going to get bored of it quickly.

If its anchored in the wider DCU, I'm all in.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Previsionary

Just in case anyone still cares, this show has officially been picked up by CW.
Disappear when you least expe--

thalaw2

Green is my favorite color so I'll give it a watch.  I don't know why it has to edgier...is he going to actually kills people with the arrows?  In this day and age can someone get stuck on an island for 5 years, especially a billionaire?   
革命不会被电视转播

detourne_me

Shogunn2517

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually looks pretty good, except for what looks like a more anti hero, Green Arrow perhaps killing people.  That isn't entirely clear though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

oldmanwinters

The general movie-watching public sees preview image and says...

"Look!  They're doing a Hawkeye show!

But why is he wearing green?"

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: oldmanwinters on May 20, 2012, 02:45:02 AM
The general movie-watching public sees preview image and says...

"Look!  They're doing a Hawkeye show!

But why is he wearing green?"

Agreed.  And it doesn't really look all that great to boot. 

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

thalaw2

Meh indeed.  The trailer makes about as much sense as I thought the series would....none.
革命不会被电视转播

captainawesome

catwhowalksbyhimself

The creator of the show was quoted as saying "this is not a show about a superhero."  He also went on to talk about all the other things that won't be there.  He won't be called Green Arrow, super powers won't exist, he will use whatever weapon he can get his hands on, for example.  Also the latest ads clearly show his as a murderous vigilante, not a hero.

So how does this make sense?  If you're going to take a famous superhero and strip away everything that defines him, how is that going to work well?  The very audience it would normally appeal to is going to hate it, so who exactly is left?

BWPS

You know you love him.

XO XO

Green Arrow Arrow Boy
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

It reminds me when Smallville started.  He will not fly, He will not wear the costume (you will not see it either), and he will not get the girl.  Let's see how long they'll keep their promises.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

captmorgan72

Smallville was good for about two seasons. Arrow might do better.

laughing paradox

I'm apparently in the minority, but I thought the trailer was kind of interesting. I'm not a huge fan of Green Arrow so I'm not bothered about what few elements they've decided to take from him.

I would like to see Black Canary in it, though.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The show itself does look like it might have potentional.  But a ruthless murderous vigilante is not the green arrow.  Chance all the names and I'll be happy.

JeyNyce

You think they will put other heroes in the show?  Maybe Bruce Wayne or Lex might make an appearance?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

They said there are no superheroes or powers.  Bruce or Lex are possible I suppose, but I doubt it.

Reepicheep

Batman Begins with a Bow.

Thats all I got from that trailer.

Midnite

The Royal Flush Gang Will Appear in Arrow

QuoteThe writers at Arrow are pulling out all the stops for their new show. We've got China White, Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Huntress all confirmed, along with rumors of Firestorm set to appear in the show. Now we've got one more addition to the cast from the DC archives and it will make comic book faithfuls happy. Zap2it has confirmed that the Royal Flush Gang will appear in the CW's TV series Arrow and "Being Human" actor Kyle Schmid has been cast as the gang's leader Ace.

The Royal Flush Gang are a group of super villains in the DCU that are card themed (in case you couldn't tell). They're set to appear in episode six of the series titled "Legacies."

Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, David Ramsey as John Diggle, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13", "Fringe") and David Nutter ("Smallville", "Supernatural", "Game of Thrones"), the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The show premieres Wednesday, October 10th at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

laughing paradox

I love the Royal Flush Gang so I may just have to check that episode out. I hope they are interpreted well.

I'm still a little dismayed at the lack of Black Canary.