Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawodi Osdi

I notice that the detective's last name is Lance.  Could this be a tie in to a Dinah Lance aka Black Canary opening?

Panther_Gunn

There is slated to be a Laurel Lance in the show, which is Dinah's middle name (Earth 1).  I would guess that the detective would be her father, brother, or husband (least likely).  His name isn't linked that I know of to Dinah's father/husband, so not sure where it might be coming from.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Midnite

Anyone watch the pilot? I thought it was pretty great.  :o

Cyber Burn

Recorded it , going to watch it tonight.

JeyNyce

Saw it and it's better than what I expected.  It still has that "Smallville" feel to it.  I like it, but like it was said before: It's Batman with Green Arrow in it.  I'll get into more details when enough people see it.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

I saw it and I liked it. Didn't really feel like a comic hero though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Midnite

First Look at Deathstroke in Arrow.
This is how Deathstroke should of looked in Smallville.

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

I must admit, the costume looks good.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Midnite on October 13, 2012, 06:16:03 AM
This is how Deathstroke should of looked in Smallville.

Deathstroke was in Smallville?  Either I missed an episode at some point, or I'm blocking the memory (either case is just as likely).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

JeyNyce

So no super power people will be on the show?  So don't expect to see Black Carney on the show?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Dinah Larrel Lance (who in this continuity prefers to go by her middle name) is indeed in the show.  If she even becomes Black Canary, she won't have her Canary Cry.

And yes, Deathstroke was in Smallville.  He was the military general who kept causing trouble for the heroes in the last season.  He didn't wear a costume and he went by his real name, although he did at one point boast that he was "beyond death's stroke."

Cyber Burn

Just got to watch it, seems to have some potential. Looking forward to the next episode.

JeyNyce

From the comic con reel I see that Deadshot is going to make an appearance, but who's the girl with the bad blonde wig?

detourne_me

It's China White.
She's actually in this week's episode.

Guys,   I am SOLD on this show!
it really is the Dark Knight trilogy in TV format with a bow.

Reepicheep

I had my doubts about this when I saw the first trailer, but if folks here are singing its praises, I am gonna get on this bandwagon.

catwhowalksbyhimself

My main problem is that I really really WANT to hate this thing.  I must with great reluctance admit that it's not too bad so far.

JeyNyce

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 20, 2012, 05:44:44 PM
My main problem is that I really really WANT to hate this thing.  I must with great reluctance admit that it's not too bad so far.

I agree.  What I like about it is that it's fast paced, unlike Smallville which seems to take forever.  So far I'm really liking the show.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think the comparisons to Smallville should stop, because they don't really fit.  It would be more accurate to use the Nolan Batman movies as a comparison.  A dark, gritty, realistic take on a superhero.  Arrow takes place similarly in a world without superpowers in a city overtaken by corruption and criminals.  It's a different character and the motivations behind the main character are different, of course, but it is nonetheless a better comparison.

Midnite

Photos from the Deathstroke episode.

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

The show's been given a full season order.  It's also the network's highest rated show.  Not new show, highest rated period.  It breaks some other records for the network too.

thalaw2

I think pacing saves this show.  It's very well paced right now.  The writers do a good job of not overdoing the action or the drama.  I'm still not sold on the story, but at least it looks deeper than what I had previously thought.  Of course, good ol' American conspiracy has shown up too.
革命不会被电视转播

Silver Shocker

I've been watching it and I really like it too. But man, is it Nolan's Batman.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

I just want to add that one of my pet peeves about the show is the high body count.  It makes the series more like a computer game than the adventures of a real world hero.
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

Quote from: thalaw2 on October 23, 2012, 10:17:59 AM
I just want to add that one of my pet peeves about the show is the high body count.  It makes the series more like a computer game than the adventures of a real world hero.

Uncharted, specifically.

Like seriously, how much can that artifact be worth to justify hiring 10,000 trained mercenaries full-time?
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

detourne_me

Another great episode!
however...
Spoiler
deadshot is dead already?
I think he'll be back,   it was pretty interesting the reveal that Andy Diggle is John Diggle's brother. a nice bit of fan service.

BentonGrey

Urg, should I actually be watching this?  Nothing I heard about it pre-release made me think it would be worth a look.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 26, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
Urg, should I actually be watching this?  Nothing I heard about it pre-release made me think it would be worth a look.

If you liked the Nolan Batman movies then I would definitely say yes.
However, don't go into it thinking of it as a Green Arrow show.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on October 27, 2012, 12:01:35 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on October 26, 2012, 08:57:05 PM

If you liked the Nolan Batman movies then I would definitely say yes.
However, don't go into it thinking of it as a Green Arrow show.

Arr....see, why not make it a Green Arrow show?  Or, if you don't want to make a Green Arrow show, why use Green Arrow?  That's the problem I have with all such nonsense.  Thanks for the thoughts, Pod.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

My dad described the premise as being similar to the Count of Monte Cristo, in that Oliver goes through hell and sets out for revenge on the rich and powerful people in Star City who have made the city into the horrible place we're told it is.

It's actually got some very clever nods to the comics scattered throughout, though some seem to be from the nu52 book so I don't really understand them. It's a brilliant DC-type show, but I agree with Pod on this... I don't know who else it could be, but it's not really Green Arrow.