Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

My guess is that they are going to be exploring the vigilante type that Oliver used to be and explore the very different ways that can do.  The early discriptions of Wild Dog seem to indicate that he'll end up being Mentored by Oliver, while Vigilante seems to be the main antagonist for the season.  So I think we'll see both start out the same but while Wild Dog excepts the Green Arrows mentorship and becomes gradually more heroic, Vigilante will reject it and become gradually more violent.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

abenavides

Makes sense.
I think Vigilante's alter ego was a DA, no? If so, maybe he is an ally of new mayor Oliver Queen at first. Echoing the Harvey Dent-Batman dynamic.

Hope they pull off a good year, it's been two meh ones in a row.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

HarryTrotter

Is it just my imagination,or do they seem inspired by Daredevil a bit?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

I could believe that.
Though if the next villain on one of the CW superhero shows is Christopher Eccleston or Matt Smith in a suit I'm going to laugh my butt off....and then enjoy the heck out of that because that would probably be awesome.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Considering that everyone played at least 2 comic book characters,Eccleston could happen.Stanley Dover Elder?
I have been saying that since the start,but it would be cool if they introduce Hitman next season.Or Unknown Soldier.I can only hope.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself

New trailer confirms that Oliver's new team will consist of Wild Dog, Artemis, and Mister Terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxG7JR4-nCM

Silver Shocker

Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen will fight Dolph Lundgren as a Russian villain during the Russia flashbacks this year.

I'm not even a Dolph Lundgren fan...and that is awesome!  :thumbup:

-They will borrow a line from Rocky IV. I think we know what line that is. "I must break you."
-Amell didn't even know until the news hit. He was freaking out on twitter. That's awesome.

I would assume he's KGBeast, except the KGBeast was already in Arrow. That being said, considering there was more than one Deathstroke and more than one Count Vertigo, they could totally have more than one KGBeast. And I think they should, because Lundgren is more suited to play the character than the guy who played him last in Arrow anyway.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Man, I'd love to see the Golden Ave Vigilante.  He wouldn't work on a show so dedicated to DRAMA!, but I do love that character.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Silver Shocker

Was he the Nathan Fillion JLU one? Because that guy was awesome.
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

WAS HE?!?!

I just looked it up, and he was!  How cool!  I didn't even know...that makes me like him even more!  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Silver Shocker

He probably wouldn't have fit in in Arrow, but he would have been right at home in Legends of Tomorrow.
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

If only that show wasn't so bad:P

Although, if he were actually PLAYED by Nathan Fillion, I'd grin and bear it to watch those episodes.
God Bless

HarryTrotter

IIRC Nathan is currently Wonder Man,so no chance of showing up here.
I hope this will be a better season then the previous two.But Im not all that optimistic.
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

So rewatching the Arrow, season 5 premiere and I think, overall, the episode was pretty good.  The pacing, the action, characters weren't sticking out like sore thumbs.  But there were still a few "surprises" or disappointments.

Spoiler
First of all, in the first fight scene, it just seemed like Wild Dog just came out of nowhere to try to diffuse the bomb.  No, introduction, no "Oliver, there's someone there that's not a hostile", no nothing.  I thought he was there WITH Oliver at first.  Secondly, I've also rewatched the first 3 seasons recently and I notice the difference in what they did right and what the latter seasons have done differently.  In seasons 1-3, the villains were introduced gradually.  Ras Al Ghul was a known entity, but when we saw him, it was at least a few months in the season.  Deathstroke, although had been prominent in flashbacks for a while, he didn't get Starling City until later and he was still kind of a "behind the scenes" bad guy like Ras was.  Also in season 1, Merlyn didn't come on camera until 4-5 episodes in and we didn't find out he was the Dark Archer until the break.  Also, The first few seasons, like the Flash had the intrigue of the how most of the episodes ended with a cliff-hanger.  Season 4 and so far, season 5 are unlike all of that.  Damien Darkh was introduced in the first episode, as was Prometheus and Tobias Church.  It seems pretty anti-climatic.

I'm committed to watch and will, but a lot of what dragged last season was the emotional baggage between Oliver and Felicity.  Maybe they've fixed it...  Keep it basic.  Hopefully.

thalaw2

I agree Shogunn (with the spoiler stuff).  I'm committed to watching this show too.  It is still pretty decent.  I'm kinda glad to see some parts went back to the roots of season 1.  Besides, after watching Flash this season IMO Arrow is off to a better start.  I see more potential here.  I'm excited about the new team.
革命不会被电视转播

GhostMachine

I do not like that Ollie is back to killing again. Granted, Dahrk deserved it at the end of last season and that was pretty much the only sure way to stop him. But Green Arrow being an indiscriminate killer again is a step backward.

Tomato

Quote from: GhostMachine on October 14, 2016, 08:28:16 PM
I do not like that Ollie is back to killing again. Granted, Dahrk deserved it at the end of last season and that was pretty much the only sure way to stop him. But Green Arrow being an indiscriminate killer again is a step backward.

Agreed. I understand his reasoning, but killing off random thugs is not the same as killing a mass murderer.

Silver Shocker

So something bugged me about last night's episode:

Spoiler
How did Black Siren know about the Waverider? It's possible there was a line in the episode clearing that up but if so I must have missed it. She was let out of her Star Labs cell by Prometheus and I don't think Prometheus would have known about it and the Legends. It's possible someone at Star Labs told her but I don't see why they would do that.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Silver Shocker on January 26, 2017, 10:01:29 PM
So something bugged me about last night's episode:

Spoiler
How did Black Siren know about the Waverider? It's possible there was a line in the episode clearing that up but if so I must have missed it. She was let out of her Star Labs cell by Prometheus and I don't think Prometheus would have known about it and the Legends. It's possible someone at Star Labs told her but I don't see why they would do that.

Spoiler

I believe Artemis left the team after the crossover right?  If so, then she was briefed about the Waveriver and passed the information on to Prometheus.

Shogunn2517

So it's been revealed, the superpowered screamer from last week, with the name Tina Boland...

Spoiler
Apparently she was a meta-human powered by the Particle Accelerator Explosion in Central City.  Tina Boland was a cover she used as a undercover cop.  And her real name is Dinah Drake...  And since she gained her powers from the PAE three years ago, this would also mean that this Dinah Drake predates "Laurel" Lance, just as it is in the comics.

And to be honest... as clunky as this might be, I prefer it.  Though we have little background on this Dinah Drake, what we knew about Laurel is that she trained under Oliver, Ted Grant and Nyssa, but was never a match in a fight against the likes of Oliver.  The Black Canary I'm familiar with is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in DC, far better than Oliver.  Perhaps this will be the show's chance to softly reboot a character, who was thoroughly trained and possibly even a chance to introduce other characters who I've been DYING to see in this show like Richard Dragon, Vic Sage, Cassandra and David Cain, Shiva... And quite frankly, Katie Cassidy never really "fit" the role of the Black Canary.  Just never found her believable.  Sara yeah.  Laurel, not so much.

BentonGrey

If they brought in a good version of the Question, that might even be enough to get me to watch that show.
God Bless

Tomato

So... yeah, this week's episode happened. I'm gonna be honest, the reveal on this one actually surprised me. I'm not usually blindsided by non-BS plot twists like this, since I'm usually pretty intuitive about where mysteries like this are gonna go... but yeah, no, they got me good. Spoilers for episode 15, ye are warned

Spoiler
Prometheus is... Adrian Chase.

I mean... I guess I SHOULD have seen it, but MAN... there was just so much there for him being Vigilante. He started getting rougher with criminals around the time Vigilante started showing up, his name is literally Vigilante's SI in the comics... I was sure it was cut and dry.

Silver Shocker

Yeah, I was surprised by that reveal as well.

Spoiler
I've heard people online say it was cheating, and I'm reluctant to disagree.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Spoiler
I kiiind of get that, but if you take away the name (which was blatant and cheap misdirection) a lot of the hints that seemed to point to Vigilante make more sense for Prometheus. He's two steps ahead of Oliver because he's positioned himself to work with him. As DA, he set up Arrow with the death of a Cop, arranged to have Oliver cover it up, and then was able to leak it in one fell swoop. He was more brutal with the criminals around the time Vigilante showed up because of his frustrations with Church. Part of the reason this reveal was so frustrating is because it's NOT out of nowhere, it's just that we as fans got so blinded by the name we ignored other clues.

Shogunn2517

Wow.... this is not only a notable casting but also a notable character!

http://deadline.com/2017/08/arrow-kirk-acevedo-recur-ricardo-diaz-richard-dragon-season-6-1202149390/

Kirk Acevedo is probably best know for his work in Oz, Law and Order and other Dick Wolf productions.  Richard Dragon is one of the main puzzle pieces the Arrowverse hadn't touched on yet, considering how much he could connect the story and charscters.

Tomato

I dunno how enthusiastic to be, tbh. It's good casting right enough, but given his status as a villain it's very likely the character will be based on the n52 Richard Dragon... a two bit Green Arrow villain who, according to Wikipedia, killed the original prior to his debut in the N52... meaning we likely won't see the classic Richard Dragon character in the series. They could conflate the two DCAU style I guess, but I get the impression this version is JUST a crime boss.

Shogunn2517

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/920711821849280513

In the next episode there's a pretty BIG name drop...

Spoiler
If you hadn't been keeping up with Arrow(or the Flash), but the first episode of season six someone revealed the Green Arrow's identity(again) and in dealing with the fallout, Mayor Queen deflects by saying the video could have been doctored to put "Bruce Wayne's head on the Green Arrow" confirming at least the existence of Bruce Wayne in the Arrowverse

Of course it could be assumed, but it was a pretty curious reveal all the same.

GhostMachine

I really wish they'd get rid of Black Siren. I'm hoping the payoff is either Quentin wising up and shooting her (making sure she's actually dead this time) OR Sara showing up and taking her out.

Wild Dog's new costume is meh.