Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 26, 2017, 07:33:39 AM
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/15/wild-dog-co-creator-not-happy-with-new-costume-on-arrow/

I'm expecting Wilddog's new armor from the first episode of this season to just be a work in progress from Felicity/Terrific/Cisco to keep him better protected and failed horribly after being shot by a high powered gun (apparently loaded with armor piercing rounds) and critically injured after landing on a car. Complete fail on all parts and after getting another chance to get custody of his daughter, Rene is probably going to want less frontline action or at least something way more advanced against bullets of any kind. The design team probably needed more time to update his street level design and came up with a more "armored stealth suit" temp until the final version was ready and used his wounded status to sideline him until then. Rene returns to active duty under the new leadership of the all new Green Arrow in this weeks show so lets hope some changes are made.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Silver Shocker

This week on Arrow...

Spoiler
My actual reaction to the ending of the episode...

Me: DIGGLE'S SHOOTING UP?!

Well, Green Arrow, you always have all the answers, so what's your answer to that?

MY BODYGUARD IS A JUNKIE!!!

I really hope someone makes a parody cover based on that, if they haven't already.

Also, I think people are going to be able to tell this Green Arrow is a fake.

Also, "Terrible taste in music".
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Deaths Jester

Three words: Speedy drug plot. Even though Roy and Thea have worn the Speedy costume, Diggle has always come off as this series sidekick to me.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Ouflah

This'll be the third time they use the Speedy drug plot... aren't there any other major events in Green Arrow history they can use?
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Deaths Jester

There are but it would require the writer's to actually put some real work in to do them.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 27, 2017, 05:27:02 PM

Spoiler

Also, I think people are going to be able to tell this Green Arrow is a fake.

You know, I know these shows take a hefty bit of suspension of belief to be able to watch and enjoy.  As if everyone bad guy in a pretty sizable city can't tell that's their mayor wearing a latex eye cover whupping their ashes.  But can we not at least ignore what's painfully obvious?

BLACK Siren: "There's something different about you Green Arrow?  Have you been working out?  Oh! That's it!  You're using a crossbow now!"

I mean, come on.  That hood and mask don't cover THAT much.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Ouflah on October 28, 2017, 12:29:45 AM
This'll be the third time they use the Speedy drug plot... aren't there any other major events in Green Arrow history they can use?
They didnt send him on a road-trip across US so far,have they?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 29, 2017, 08:49:09 PM
BLACK Siren: "There's something different about you Green Arrow?  Have you been working out?  Oh! That's it!  You're using a crossbow now!"

I mean, come on.  That hood and mask don't cover THAT much.

IT was sarcasm when she said that. She knew exactly it wasn't Oliver and has encountered the team enough times to know which of Arrow's team might be the right build and height and above all.. skin tone.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

Quote from: HarryTrotter on October 30, 2017, 05:32:03 AM
Quote from: Ouflah on October 28, 2017, 12:29:45 AM
They didnt send him on a road-trip across US so far,have they?

They should have him give some impassioned, self-righteous speeches and relate some folks to Hitler.  :lol:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

Maybe by season 10 or 11.We can only hope.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

I just saw my previous post and this is going to be a bit ironic- Arrow is ending with season 8.I want to say we had a good run but...well,we had two great seasons and then it kinda went downhill.
Jon Farmer

GhostMachine

The whole Oliver in prison arc was boring. Diaz was a lame villain and shouldn't have lived past the end of last season. And this whole flash forward in time thing with William is uninteresting, to say the least.
I've no problem with it ending.

Silver Shocker

I'm ok with it ending too. I do think it's gone on a bit too long, that Diaz has been in the show too long, and the flash forwards....well, I'm getting flashbacks to Lost, more so than usual with Arrow. Like the infamous final season of Lost, it's got me going "Ok, what is the point of all this?"

If Arrow's finally ending, I can't imagine Legends will last much longer.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

Yeah. Cosigning the both of you.

The show was definitely a good start to a Arrowverse. The villains were intriguing. It's constant pulls from continuity kept it fresh and relevant and the story was intriguing. Oliver's list, all his parents' secrets.  And it was good for several seasons until it wasn't.  Diaz had a lot of potential as a concept, but it just drag and drag and drag and just when you thought it was going to end, they decided to drag it on for a whole another season.  And what's worse, where for better or for worse, every season had a theme or at least a coherent story, I still don't know what the hell is going on with this season.

But to be completely honest with you, IMO what's really constantly drug this show down is their insistence on making the Oliver/Felicity story so critical to the entire story. Alone, Felicity is a good character a bit of a relief from the heavy tone of the show, but putting them together you not only get her characterization, but multiply it with a romantic angle that just didn't fit with the series even if the characters were right just bogged it down and they just continued to feed it to us.

Silver Shocker

Honestly, I just didn't care for what they did with the newest episode:

Spoiler
As soon as I read the episode description I was like "They're gonna do an entire episode of the flash-forward, aren't they? Alright, I'm gonna get settled in, grab a comic to read..." And yep, they did it.

But hey, you know the crossover's going to be epic, right? So at least there's that.  :D
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

Just announced that Emily Bett Rickards will be leaving the show at the end of the season.

And if you were to let the FB comments tell it, fans now want the show to go on for a few more seasons now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Saw the first episode of Arrow, which does indeed appear to be mostly about the Crisis and it is a VAST improvement.  If they keep this season about Ollies' multiverse adventures doing tasks  and gathering things to prepare for the Crisis I will be very pleased, but this was quite fun.  Well, except for the flash-forwards, which mostly bore me.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Silver Shocker

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty good. The future stuff is still a complete snooze, and I don't think that's likely to change any time soon, but seeing Oliver navigate Season 1 of his own personal Earth 2? Actually kinda cool. And definitely hits the right nostalgia buttons (I've been rewatching the previous seasons of Arrow on lately, which really highlights what was good, and where the show start to decline over time). The showrunner did a bunch of interviews leading up to the premire, and the main takeways I got where 1. Lots of guest stars, like surprise guest stars in every episode and 2. Almost the entire season is going to be this. More than half the season is apparently going to take place somewhere other than the present-day, main universe Star City. The former I thought sounded great, the latter I was...curious about? But yeah, for now, pretty neat.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Minor spoilers for the episode:

Spoiler
I had a whole thing on this on the discord, but the only thing I was disappointed in was that there's a continuity flub that I think would have added to the episode. We know that this is the same Earth 2 Laurel is from, but waaaay back in Flash Season 2 we saw the arrest of the original E2 Hood on TV: Robert Queen. I don't doubt Chase could have taken up the mantle in the years after that, but there's no acknowledgement of the fact that Oliver is using his father's mantle. For an episode that's all about revisiting Season 1, not revisiting Robert Queen, especially after the whole ordeal last season, was a missed opportunity IMHO.

GhostMachine

I haven't watched it yet (Have only watched this week's Flash and Batwoman), but I read that they're continuing with the future stuff with Mia and William. That was the worst part of last season, and they may be getting a spin-off next season. I fired off a long chain of choice words I cannot use here when I heard about the spin-off. So I think you can guess that I will not be watching it.

Had an issue with the Flash, but since this isn't a thread about it, I won't discuss that here.

Shogunn2517

Yeah, I'm with you guys. This episode was much more fun.

The sad part is, I pretty much zoned out most of the end of last season so I have hardly any idea of what the heck is going on.

But this was very reminiscent of the earlier seasons. Not just because of the sets and characters, but it seemed.... less cluttered. I guess is a way of putting it. I'm definitely interested in seeing where it goes.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 18, 2019, 03:08:51 AM
The sad part is, I pretty much zoned out most of the end of last season so I have hardly any idea of what the heck is going on.

In fact, virtually nothing about this episode has anything to do with the previous season.  All you need to know is that in payment for the Monitor saving Flash and Supergirl, GA is now running errands for him to prepare for the crisis, leading to him being dropped off to where we see him in the beginning of the episode.  The future segments are the only bits really connected to last season and they aren't worth paying that much attention to anyway.

Silver Shocker

This week on Arrow, Oliver, Diggle and Katana (who of course, has got their back   :P) beating up bad guys in Hong Kong. Pretty fun stuff. And some future stuff you absolutely can ignore. And very intriguing cliffhanger.

Spoiler
Oh Laurel pops in and out throughout the episode too, I guess. And China White shows up again! I actually missed Kelly Hu in the guest star credits so when she showed up again I was like "Hey, neat!"

The episode ends with Lyla scheming with The Monitor. Which really has me wondering....are Harbinger and Lyla going to be the same character? Does Lyla become Harbinger? Has Harbinger replaced Lyla? Was she always Harbinger? I'm really not sure, and I"m genuinely curious to find out.

Also between this and whatever the hell the Monitor is up to with Lex over in Supergirl, I'm starting to wonder...is the Monitor a bad guy?

So recently they revealed the Anti-Monitor online...yup, he's in it, and LeMonica Garret (The Monitor) is playing him too... Are they the same guy? Does the Monitor become the Anti-Monitor?

Or are they going to end up taking a page from Countdown of all things and have more than one Monitor running around. Maybe the one who took Lex isn't the same one we're seeing in the other shows? 
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Spoiler
Lyla is taking up the Harbinger identity, at least in terms of having a costume and her general role in CoIE. I suspect, given her objections about how "my husband was there" it's our Lyla, working with the Monitor for the same reason as Oliver is.

Looking back though, it's interesting... It was Lyla that sent John to Earth 2 for Oliver. That strikes me as intentional on the Moniter's part.

Oh and the spin off is happening. Green Arrow and the Canaries, blah.

GhostMachine

Won't be watching the spinoff, unless its some sort of swerve and not the future timeline. The future timeline parts of the show bore me to death.

Silver Shocker

Well that just happened... :huh:

Spoiler
Characters from the future segments are now in the present day alongside Oliver and the others...I actually was kinda expecting them to end up in the present day. Something about the spinoff "Green Arrow and the Canaries" and the piece of promo art they put out made me think they might be doing that. I actually do like this idea because 1) I've been waiting since last season for the future stuff to "matter" and 2) I was hoping for some way to see Diggle and the others after Arrow ends and so I was kinda hoping for a spinoff, and when I heard what the spinoff was I was disappointed but now it might deliver some of what I wanted to see.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

I was actually expecting the opposite to happen.

Spoiler

I figured GA might be sent on an errand into the future and meet the next gen group. Wasn't expecting them to go into the past instead.  This may mean no more flash forwards. Or they may go back.

Silver Shocker

Well, as of the most recent episode, they finally did it. It took them an entire season and change to do it, but we finally got an Arrow where 100% of the episode was interesting instead of the 50%. All of the Oliver stuff in the final season so far has been great, and all of the future stuff since last year has been a complete waste of time. But they finally managed to get us here, and you can really taste the difference quality makes.

I MIGHT actually look forward to that spinoff now.  :D

Also Quinton Lance is supposed to appear in some capacity this year. Definitely looking forward to that. I always liked him and Sara's material. It'd be great if Caty Lotz pops in at some point (would not be surprised).
~Rocky Balboa