News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Missing Custom Meshes in FFv3R from GOG?

Started by irrevenant2, April 05, 2012, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrevenant2

I've recently purchased (from GOG) and completed FFv3R then turned my hand to custom character creation like I used to in Freedom Force and... where's the basic custom meshes!?  :blink:

Where's my old friends male_basic and co.?

Making new characters that look exactly like existing characters isn't as much fun.  :thumbdown:

Are these meshes or similar available for FFv3R somewhere?

Thanks.

cmdrkoenig67

In  :ffvstr: male_basic is now NoCapeMan, male_cape is now CapeMan, female_versatile is now AccessoryGirl and female_basic is now ActionGirl.  I'm not sure if that's what you mean?

Dana

irrevenant2

I mean my  :ffvstr: does not seem to include ANY character meshes other than the ones that are used in the game (Alchemiss, Minuteman, Green Genie etc.) and ones from Freedom Force (presumably included for nostalgia reasons) like Pinstripe, Pan etc.

Under the "Custom" category there are no choices listed and the window at the right just displays a rotating cube.

Thanks.

Previsionary

I don't know how the GoG version is set up, but it's very possible those extra meshes weren't included in that version OR they were installed in the wrong place. What version of Windows are you running? It's possible that those files were put in a folder for compatibility reasons.
Disappear when you least expe--

irrevenant2

Previsionary

Quote from: irrevenant2 on April 05, 2012, 11:53:57 PM
I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks.

Then check to see if those files ended up tucked away in a compatibility folder and move them into the games main data folder.

irrevenant2

Quote from: Previsionary on April 06, 2012, 12:00:48 AMThen check to see if those files ended up tucked away in a compatibility folder and move them into the games main data folder.
Thanks.

Do you know where I might find that folder?  I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and am not really used to the folder structure yet.

Previsionary

Um, to my knowledge and completely depending on your settings, it will occasionally pop up as a toolbar option when you're in a folder that has files tucked away there. You can also find it here:

Quote%SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

With the correct information plugged into the above location. That folder may or may not be hidden if you attempt to find it this way.

irrevenant2

Didn't seem to be there and I couldn't find it.

I needed  :ff: again anyway, and Steam was holding a 2-for-the-price-of-one-and-a-half on  :ff: and  :ffvstr:, so I just rebought it from steam.

They seem to have been a lot stingier with custom meshes and definitely alternate skins this time around, but it works, so yay!

Thank you for all your help. :)