News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Heroes Footage

Started by Previsionary, May 22, 2012, 11:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

For anyone still interested in this game:

QuotePlay Marvel Heroes ALL WEEKEND LONG with this easy to remember, easy to share key! Just head to MarvelHeroes.com and redeem this on your profile - PLAYMH4-19.

(Redeem the code exactly as shown. Yes, it's just 10 characters long. Include all characters and it is case sensitive.)

This code is valid for this weekend only, but you can still be invited into the ongoing Closed Beta - and of course you can get invited whenever you purchase a Premium Pack or Ultimate Pack!

Enjoy Marvel Heroes and share with your friends to get them into game alongside you!

https://plus.google.com/112091127316419397820/posts/KeU91gqjTX1
Disappear when you least expe--

Ares_God_of_War

I an downloading this now. I hope eventually it adds some villians if it succeeds.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

captmorgan72

So now that it has been released, who is playing it? I played the beta for months but my comp is pretty puny and can't run it very well. I got tired of the low fps so I stopped playing. How about the rest of you?

Previsionary

I don't really play it anymore, but my account is still active. I don't have much of an incentive to mess around with the game now because post beta, it erased my entire friends list and made the characters I naturally gravitate towards "pay"/"special loot" characters, and I don't care strongly for any of the starting heroes, which includes Storm, who some of you may know I adore as a character. Also, the main storyline and even the side missions are short and you can get through much of it in 2 days if you're hustling and have a good enough team (though not required), especially once you get the general location of things down and gain a travel power.

Basically, if you played through and completed the beta in its various iterations and changes, you can hold off on the launched game, and you can wait until they get around to adding more content outside of just the "tougher" end game stuff, which is basically solo/grouped mission replays with better drops/added objectives.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I personally enjoyed the game itself in Beta, but it's very inneficient.  My system can handle plenty of other MMO and some pretty high graphics games like Arkham City with no lagging whatsoever, yet get more than five players on the screen and it starts lagging like crazy.  Go to Avengers Tower and the game sometimes comes to a complete halt. 

As for the gameplay itself, it's basically Torchlight 2 with superheroes and forced multiplayer.  That's not a bad thing, but I can't help but wonder if this game would have not been a better singleplayer game.

So yeah, if you have a really nice computer system,  try it out.  If you don't, don't bother.  Also ignore the recommended specs.  They lie.  My computer is beyond them and still can't handle the game with more than a few players.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

I'd be more interested in this game if: A) I could just buy it and get all the content for it instead of being nickle and dimed, B) I wasn't forced to play with other people.  I don't like people, especially Prev. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

I honestly don't know why it's MMO.  It could basically be repackaged with an optional server for multiplayer with no changes needed.  My dad would love this game, but he refuses to play MMOs.  I'm sure he's not the only one.

It does have a ton of characters though, each one of which is basically a fully fledged class.  That is a lot of content right there.  I don't know that I'd ever be willing to play their asking price for the extra toons though.

To be fair, assuming it hasn't changed from beta, all the actual mission content is completely free, you're just restricted to a very small selection of characters, none of whom are the very popular ones.

BentonGrey

Well, this is certainly unflattering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROG32lYq2s&feature=em-subs_digest

Also, from my brief experience with it, very true.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

captmorgan72

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 20, 2013, 05:06:35 PM
Well, this is certainly unflattering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROG32lYq2s&feature=em-subs_digest

Also, from my brief experience with it, very true.
That guy was spot on. I agree with everything he said. MUA is probably the best Marvel experience in a video game even today. So far nothing has beaten it. Marvel Heroes gets really really old very fast. I laughed when I saw the framerates on his computer, mine was about a half of a half of that, lol.

detourne_me

100%. Spot on.  But then again, he usually is.

In the beta I was given a buttload of g's to try out the characters.  I was hoping I'd be able to hold on to them when the game launched, but no.

Such a disappointment

catwhowalksbyhimself

I've watched half of it so far and mostly he's ranting about the pricing--which he's totally right about.  It's ridiculous.

I honestly wished this had just been a single player game with multiplayer capabilities.  There's nothing about the game system whatsoever that's really multiplayer specific, so there seem no reason for them to go this way.

He totally missed the home button that teleports you straight to the Avengers Tower at any time.

Podmark

So I've started playing Marvel Heroes. Now this is the first MMO I've ever played but I got to say I'm enjoying it so far. The game looks pretty good, and it nice and simple to play with a easy to understand interface. I've been playing as Daredevil and he's got some pretty good moves. I'm anxious to get some other heroes though.

The negatives for me is that the hub worlds are too chaotic with large swaths of random villains all over the place. Less annoying is the number of heroes running around, that would be worse if it wasn't for the decent sized roster and all kinds of alternate skins - it's always neat to see some of the unusual costumes running around. I also find there's too much loot and not enough space. I hate being full half way through a mission.

Thankfully missions are only for you and your party, so those parts play like a non-MMO.
Game play is pretty repetitive so I'll probably get bored of it before long, but all the MUA games were like that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Getting back into it now that the servers aren't garbage and I have a computer that can run it... it's not bad. Would anyone be interested in starting up a group or anything?

Podmark

I got a random hero today and it was Rocket Racoon! Rocket was actually the character I was most interested in playing as. Pretty lucky.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Woah, you mean there are actual character drops now?
I put in over ten hours with no character drops so I just gave up. 
Maybe I'll go back to it

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on October 09, 2013, 05:44:09 AM
Maybe I'll go back to it

No, not character drops. What drops is a form of currency called Eternity Splinters. For 175 of these you can buy a random hero. You can also buy specific Heroes for higher prices. My one big disappointment is that you don't get these Eternity Splinters nearly often enough.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

That's still far better than what they were doing.

Anyhow, I too now have a new computer, as of three days ago, which can now handle the game, so I'll probably get back into it too.  Would be happy to play with some of you all.

Tomato

Well, I have sufficient level and money to start up a supergroup if everyone wants. I've been power-leveling cyclops since Monday, so I'm at level 12 despite only finishing the first chapter.

Edit: I went ahead and made one (Called it "Freedom Reborn"... so original, right?) and I went ahead and invited Podmark to it. If anyone wants to join or whatever, my nickname is "TomatoisJP"

catwhowalksbyhimself

Feel free to add me, 'mato, and anyone else is free to friend me.  I'm catwhowalksbyhimself.

Podmark

Well I beat the main game today with my starter Daredevil character. It was a decent game, really just felt like the MUA games just with a limited character options (unless you pay).
Not sure how much more I'll play the game. I'd still like to play with Rocket a bit more, and I'd like to try out the challenge rooms. I've joined the FR group so if I see you guys online then we'll team-up.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I'll be on as soon as the update finishes.

Edit: I should probably point out that, because I paid for the super special awesome mega pack, I have access to all costumes and characters already. except maybe the halloween one, but I also got enough in-game money to buy it, so.

Previsionary

Quote from: detourne_me on October 09, 2013, 05:44:09 AM
Maybe I'll go back to it

This is my random pop up post of the month (though I've been gone for, what, 3?):

Before the more recent updates, the game actually did drop character tokens and it rewards you with 2 random starter characters at two specific points in the game (tutorial/Doom Castle). I believe the dropped character tokens are just to empower your "extreme"/level 30+ moves now, or that's what it was when I last played a few months back.

Tomato

Speaking of the Eternity Splinters/ character drops, I noticed something interesting when I put in my game time tonight... When enemies drop energy splinters, the game now points them out to you with a mission marker so you don't miss them.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on October 13, 2013, 05:56:17 AM
Speaking of the Eternity Splinters/ character drops, I noticed something interesting when I put in my game time tonight... When enemies drop energy splinters, the game now points them out to you with a mission marker so you don't miss them.

Yeah that's a great feature! I really wouldn't want to miss those.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

So query: Is there an FR supergroup yet or no? I don't actually play the game much (or at all currently), but if I were to drop in, it'd be nice to know if I could easily find some of you mookers.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tomato just started one, so just let him know your in game name.  Feel free to friend me as well.  Same name as here.

Tomato

Yeah, I've promoted Cat and Pod as well, so I think any one of us can invite you into the group.

That being said, I'll be on in about 30m or so, I've gotta set something up in my apt and then I'll log in.

Alaric

I've been playing, too- maybe I'll see about hooking up with you guys. In-game name is Alaric.

Note that I've mostly been playing solo, and often forget to glance at the social screen, so if someone tries to say "Hi" to me and I don't respond, I probably missed it. I apologize in advance.
Fear the "A"!!!

laughing paradox

I played the game with Prem months ago.. I'm trying to update it, to try it this week, but it's not letting me.

I may simply 'repair' all the files, but if I get it going, I'm interested in seeing how the game has improved.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I added Alaric and Prem, with the later's help.  Nice to see you all in game some times.