News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Heroes Footage

Started by Previsionary, May 22, 2012, 11:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor

Anyone still playing this? I just found it and downloaded it this weekend. 
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/pitbull_1973/CoH/forum_sig_banner.jpg[/img]
Capt. Conduit - Demonik - Candi Stryper - Arctic Pyre - xx Raptor xx - Ehrlicht - Feral Feret - Chemotherapist

Previsionary

Quote from: Raptor on December 17, 2013, 08:32:54 PM
Anyone still playing this? I just found it and downloaded it this weekend. 

I pop up rarely. Emphasis on rarely.
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

I haven't really played since I beat the story. I see they're adding a bunch of new heroes in the future.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

I played through the story a while back too. I played the Asgard expansion but would have liked it to be longer. Supposedly there's more content coming, so if and when it does I'll go back and play that. 

My starter character is Hawkeye; he's fun to play due to his emphasis on ranged attacks. I did unlock Spidey through the random character unlock method and am close to unlocking another character that way, so I wouldn't be opposed to a group game in the future since it'll give me a chance to level him up and try out the different attacks.  I really wanted to play as Deadpool. Hopefully I'll get my chance. There have been a number of new characters since I started so there's a few others I'd enjoy getting.

Game's alright. Very much Ultimate Alliance 3.0 on the cheap. Cutscenes are all C-D level comic art (one of the artists I instantly recognized as Ron Lim, who I like), voice acting's a mixed bag (if I recall there's a number of villains used as bosses whose voices I thought were all wrong, such as Shocker), and the action's a little too chaotic and repetitive to be truly addicting. But not a bad way to spend a few hours for free.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Ares_God_of_War

Well I started playing the game a bit. Lots of freebies this week. I am xbahamutx on it if anyone still plays.

04/03/14 INSTITUTE - Taskmaster's Mystery Box 1 x Credit Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Rarity Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Special Item Find Boost 2 hours. 
04/04/14 RECRUIT - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Preparedness Kit 1x Iridium Triple Boost, 1x Retcon, 1x Iridium Triple Rush 
04/11/14 2XFUN - Triple Iridium Bars (x2) Awards 2 triple iridium bars to inventory 
04/18/14 SPRCNDY - Spring Candy Boost Awards spring candy boost to inventory 
04/25/14 SPRCNDY2 - Spring Candy Boost Awards spring candy boost to inventory 
04/25/14 InfiniteRetconWeek - Retcon Device Awards Retcon Device to inventory 
04/25/14 RNDMCSTM - FREE Random Costume Awards FREE Random Costume to inventory 
04/25/14 RNDMHRO - FREE Random Hero Awards FREE Random Hero to inventory 
04/25/14 PEWPEWPEW - Triple Iridium Bar Awards triple iridium bar to inventory 
04/25/14 VENGEANCE - Triple Iridium Bar Awards triple iridium bar to inventory 
04/25/14 REDWHITEBLUE - Triple Iridium Bar Awards triple iridium bar to inventory 
04/25/14 NOTASKRULL - Triple Iridium Bar Awards triple iridium bar to inventory 
04/25/14 FASTBALL - Triple Iridium Bar Awards triple iridium bar to inventory
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Silver Shocker

Hey thanks for the codes, Ares. There were a bunch I hadn't punched in yet. Yeah, the game's been giving away a lot of stuff lately.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

They're doing some kind of 10 month anniversary thing, so lots of giveways, in game events, and such.

Anyhow, I just reinstalled and am playing again, so feel free to look for me.  I think I even have sg invite powers, so let me know if you want in.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Ares_God_of_War

I think on the 4th the new anniversary event starts and they are giving away a bunch of stuff including a free Stash space (inventory) So make sure to log in for that.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

catwhowalksbyhimself

I could definitely use more stash space, that is for sure.  I'm too cheap to buy it and manage my inventory well enough to make it worth (plus you can use the team up inventory to store things even if you have no team ups) but would welcome a free stash slot.

Silver Shocker

There's also a new teaser out promoting "Marvel Heroes 2015" coming out in "June" featuring Surtur (who was set to appear in the next major story update). There's also recently been updates that new mini-missions you can play. I haven't played them yet though. Looking forward to the Surtur update when that comes out.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

The one shot is quite good and is a good way to provide content without relying solely on going against ever more cosmic powered super entities.

Silver Shocker

So Marvel Heroes just did a significant update (now called "Marvel Heroes 2015", as mentioned above). Theo ther day there was MASSIVE giveaway of items as part of the game's anniversary (some of which were given away by SHIELD Agent Stan Lee!) including almost certainly the most valuable giveaway, a new item storage (or "S.T.A.S.H.") unit (which by this point, after the MANY items I've gotten through giveaways, I desperately needed). You need to be level 30 + to get the items from Stan though IIRC. You should try logging in, you might still be able to get them.

Which brings me to the next thing I have to been up: trying to log in. Since the new update the game's had a LOT of glitches and/or problems and the servers have been done a few times, presumably while they work out the kinks. Today I had THREE different problems in a half-hour span alone (difficulty downloading the newest update, the screen turning completely black anytime I clicked the mouse, and the servers being down). Hopefully things will smooth out in time.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

I have experienced none of these problems, fortunately.

Also, I'm pretty sure Stan will still be around a few more days.  You should have known he'd get a cameo in there somewhere.

As for that stash tab, you're going to need to it hold all the free loot you get.  Seriously, I have less storage space now than I did before.

There's supposed to be more suprises coming out.

The account wide xp/skill system is interesting. Omega system, I think. Don't have many points yet, but you get some free from the giveaways.

If you've been away a while, check it out.  The game's been getting better as it goes along.  Also give me a should if you want me to add you to the SG.

detourne_me

Bump,
Started checking out the game again. Should I join the supergroup?

I was getting bored with storm and scarlet witch (had those two since the beta) plus I had no idea how to play the game anymore!
So I put down ten bucks so I could play as star lord with a Groot sidekick.  It's pretty fun now.

Johnny Patches

hi guys .long time no see. ibeen getting more into this game with the new updates.. whats your game name detourne_me?
im johnnypatches loook me up and ill do the same

detourne_me

I'm detourne in the game. Hope to see you on there Johnnypatches!

Previsionary

I still play occassionally, so I'll add you both whenever. JP, I believe I saw you once, but I don't think we actually interacted.
Disappear when you least expe--

Johnny Patches

im going to add your name tonight detourne,  :thumbup:
thanks previsionary and is this your game name too :unsure: .. hope to see you guys soon ;) ..
sometimes i play after 3pm weekdays.. and most of the weekend :)

Stopman

I finally went berserk and installed Windows 7, mainly so I can play Marvel Heroes 2016. I'm Umbrallia in-game.
"The new EAT is a Stalker/Controller mix!!"

catwhowalksbyhimself

I haven't played it in quite some time, but it is a seriously cool game.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

Yep, I just saw that. Disappointing news, but not the most surprisingly thing. That's the sad reality of online-only games. You can go back and X-Men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance forever, but if they go online-only for a game like this, it can't be preserved.

To my knowledge, they haven't announced when the game will be shutting down yet. We'll have to stay tuned.

I haven't really done much in the game in a while, so I have to see about playing some more of it in the future.

UPDATE: According to the official Twitter account and the front page of the official site, the servers will stay up until Dec. 31, and apparently sometime soon the game will be "completely free" until then. I'm not sure what that means but we might be able to get more heroes we had been saving up on in-game currency for.
~Rocky Balboa

Silver Shocker

Heads up everyone, according to several sources, the shutdown date has been moved to Nov. 24, aka tomorrow.

That was a shock, when I read that I was watching a show I recorded, and immediately shut it off to go try out some new Heroes. If you want to go in to do that or anything else, then this is your last chance to do so.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yea, that was a jerk move.  Apparently it came down from Marvel.  Not only is the game being shut down with almost no notice, but all Gazillion employees have been laid off, with no notice or severance.  If they had gone ahead with the December shutdown I would have considered it one of those things that happens, but this kind of move is just bad behavior.