Main Menu

3D Heroes Fun

Started by John Jr., May 26, 2012, 04:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Makes me wanna cry (SNIFF!)

Excellent work!

John Jr.

Yeah, good times indeed and I miss the gang...
Thanks for the kind words.

kkhohoho

Very nice, especially since I've picked up the Legion again after a long absence. Currently going through the 80's Paul Levitz run, which is all kinds of goodness. :D
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

John Jr.

Thanks.
Levitz is, alongside Jim Shooter, one of the greatest Legion writers, his 80's run is one of the best of the series, specially the "Great Darkness".

John Jr.

Made these for Superman's 75th anniversary, last year.

spydermann93

Both of these look really amazing, JJ!

I am really disappointed that DC only glazed over Superman for his 75th anniversary, but are going all out for Batman's.  Supes deserves better.

John Jr.

Thanks, spydermann93.
Batman is DC's flagship character, so he has "special rights". DC ignored the Legion and Supergirl anniversaries altogether. Looks like only the big guns will have any celebration.

John Jr.

Deaths Jester

What?!?!?  No shadows?!?!?!?  Apes and men floating on jungle ground?!?!?!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

John Jr.

White Man's Magic?
Seriously, I used a preset with the BG, a diorama, so most of the items are just painted on, so they cast no shadows. Usually I would just add a new light to get the shadows, but the characters would cast shadows on the canvas. Since you are a LOT more experienced than I do I'm open to suggestions.

Cyber Burn

Wow, I don't know how I missed those Superman pics, very nicely done JJ.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: John Jr. on November 23, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
White Man's Magic?
Seriously, I used a preset with the BG, a diorama, so most of the items are just painted on, so they cast no shadows. Usually I would just add a new light to get the shadows, but the characters would cast shadows on the canvas. Since you are a LOT more experienced than I do I'm open to suggestions.

Well, you could paint on a shadow in Photoshop...or try to recreate the lighting of the diorama in Poser which would take a bit of time and effort...so I guess no shadows....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

spydermann93

I took DJ's advice and added some shadows

Spoiler

Reepicheep