News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

detourne_me's skinning attempts

Started by detourne_me, December 05, 2013, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

:lol:

Heres my first DC skin in a long while. Buddy Baker's New 52 outfit. I've skoped him so he has wings that grow for flight and hover animations.  I think I'll try to skope in some more animalistic keyframes too. Thanks for the reminder of Toad's running.  I might use Gren's Wildchild keys, since this is based on his Angel right now.

deanjo2000

Really nice and clean. Great job. I'm looking forward to having him :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Podmark

Pretty sweet. I love what you're doing lately.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I was literally just thinking how I hadn't seen a Black Panther skin in awhile. That Hawkguy is decadent, reminds me I should probably start reading the new volume sometime. Buddy is of course slick. Great job.

detourne_me

Another nearly complete skin/skope.
I was having a few issues with the particle effects, So i decided to stick with a normal fire texture for his skull, chainsaw, and bike exhaust.I tried using an animated billboard for the hair but i'm just not skilled enough at skinning, so it looked a little cartoony and the orientation always changes depending on the angle you are looking at, so in some instances it was like he had a flame beard. not the cool cyperpunk spirit of vengeance i was imagining.
I think I'm pretty much done with him now. I might make a few more tweaks, but not sure.

SickAlice

See, like that? I looked at that 2099 design, in that Battleworld comic again of course and thought " Er, yeah I don't think I even know how to approach that ". Yet here you are you schooling me. I love being impressed by people. You get older and tell yourself this is it and it's all just repetition yet we always end up being proven wrong. And as Squirrel Girl said that;s what makes it great. So can't wait to have this.

Speaking of colabs again when I get my house in order at least, or houses being my self and the real ones (gosh the old log siding is a disaster on the new abode. It's going to be a long spring for me. >.<) we should jam about some of the other GR's if your up for it. I've been thinking about the female one since MH's was nice enough to drop a model of that as well of course the NOW one since that's a backlogged request here. I think I would be up for modelling Robbie's head and I've done a lot of research into his actual car in real time though making real cars is a weak spot for me and I'm a little shy to it. Anyways let me know friend. I'll push this Storm, TMNT and the Iron Man's out first though. I think the fire will work fine there. I've messed around with particles and can say I've found it's best to go basic. They usually work themselves out in effect. There is a piece on one of Ink's Phoenix's though as I'm sure you know. Maybe that would be something something to check out to get the effect your looking for.

ghazkul

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...... please sir, can I have some more? (DOOM2099 ^^)

detourne_me

I might take a look at some more 2099 and Ghost Rider characters,  I've got a few ideas to do the Jason Aaron Johnny Blaze, and even the new guy, too.   his helmet is definitely cool. I was thinking of doing them male_basic based, instead of VX based, like before.   probably using Ink's Professor X for sitting/riding and a few other tricks.

Also, you are so right about keeping it basic. I just went through my skope and cut out a lot of the fat, I am using the PArray from Ink's Phoenix, and at first I had imported the whole bone and node structure...not needed! Also I'm happy that I didn't need to specifically call it up in the keyframes for scaling (I had to do that with the chainsaw FX)

The next guy I think I want to tackle is the New 52 OMAC, I really loved that character.  I want to use Storm's Mohawk from the Ink mesh, but it goes all wobbly on a different mesh.  I need to learn how to add a NiSkinInstance, and I think I'd be good to go.

spydermann93

I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually heard of Ghost Rider 2099.  Punisher, Dr. Doom, Spider-Man, and heck, even Ravage! but not Ghost Rider.

That said, he looks really, really, REALLY cool!!  I was always interested in the Ghost Rider Meshes here, since their horses, bikes, what-have-you are all so complicated! I love that another Rider is being added to the family!

SickAlice

@dm: I have a hard time applying basic methods myself. I know I'm transparent about how I overdue details. But I can count the times whether modelling, skinning or anything else that I tried to apply a lengthy system only to meet with failure then turn around and take the short route and find success. Most things in life even really are simple and making mountains of mole holes can make us our own biggest hurdle in any task (sounding like Bruce Lee a little but he is one of my teachers *shrug*). Seriously though anytime you want to idea jam. I've had the best times doing that with you, windblown, Cyberburn, daglob, Podmark, AA, RD, and hoss. More fun every time in fact then working by my lonesome. Anyone that's open for it I'm game. The best art and entertainment doesn't come from solo efforts, it comes from teams with a list of credits to roll.

More 2099? Do you know who Mutagen 2099 is from SM2099 Vol.1. I'd love you for that one. I'm working on and almost finished with Doom 2099 right now if that helps. I've actually been working on a multi-Doom whenever I take breaks from the Storm pack. As always if you want to enlist me for anything here feel free. Venom 2099 of course. I'm truthfully not that stoked about him (April Parker was my favorite) but I know he's in high demand here. I should redo my Hulk 2099 speaking of. Maybe take a night and pound out a few different Hulk bodies for skopers? OMAC sounds great, can't wait for that.

*Oops, forgot something. Send me the model for OMAC as well the one for the mohawk (or the one if they're already joined) and I'll just weight the hawk to the head for you. Hopefully that will resolve the issue so you can move on with it.

@spydermann93: If the chance comes your way read Doom 2099. That's considered the cream of the reading crop of the 2099 titles. Followed by Spider-man 2099 and X-Men 2099. But I'll vouch for the Doom series anyday.

windblown

That's really amazing DM! Buddy's skin is very nice too.

Podmark

Count me among those not familar with 2099 Ghost Rider, but I love what you've done here.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Here are a few quick edits of Iron Fist, I'll skope a few more keys for this guy too.  These skins are inspired by the ios games Contest of Champions and Future Fight (both of which take up too much of my time these days.)
The big difference in the design is that he wears full boots instead of lil booties like in the comic.

SickAlice

First off again props to Force Of Paradox for hosting you and others as well for the and I mean stop the press master class web design. Thank your site owner as well tell them if they aren't getting big web design jobs they should be.

Few questions.

- We were talking about gaming. I said MH interested me but I don't think I'm up for it for space reasons as well it sounds like a grind. But COC sort of does interest me. Can that be played off Win7?

* Great to be inspired by that game, I sure I am. And such gorgeous models and skins by them! Actually MH too. I'm sure as most of you know game models are toned down in quality before they're put in the actual game engine, especially in the case of online games. The modeller for MH shares images of his what his work looks like before they get downsized. If you want to see some beauty check out his gallery at the link below. He's also the reason I dropped the dough and bought ZBrush (still having a hellavu time figuring out how to use it). I feel better about that investment now as it's become an industry standard not unlike 3ds Max is.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?180600-Marvel-Heroes-Modeling

- So the other question is are planning on doing a multiskin pack. I either have a request or would like to throw in if I could (I'd rather you though since your a better skinner, one of my mentors as you know)? In the Secret Wars request thread I listed Rand in the main series in his classic green duds. The ones he's wearing there are the clothes where the chest isn't open and he doesn't a collar. I went to find a link for that skin but couldn't find one (*I have not gone through C6's skins yet though, I'm sure more will be checked off the list when I do) and want it for the sake of completing that list. Thanks again for your prior contributions that went on the list BTW, as well to anyone else. Sure is a testament to all the time everyone put into this game.
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57951.0

Look forward to more collabs again. I'm whipping through Storm still. Just trying to make sure I take enough time to make everything really nice on it. Like Rogue I think Storm is one of those characters that deserves the most delicate touch in making a tribute. But you'll have it sooner than later, it gets time set to it everyday. Same goes for Mainframe and Iron Man 2020 peeps, haven't forgotten those at all.

UnkoMan

Ghost Rider 2099? Wow! Awesome!
These are great!

BentonGrey

Ohh, that Ghost Rider is really cool, but I especially like the Animal Man.  He's just really clean and crisp looking.  Great stuff, DM! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/